Easy high protein recipes

batchofcookies1
batchofcookies1 Posts: 20 Member
Does anyone know any recipes that incorporate high protein content but are also simple to make?

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    * egg white omelette
    * protein powder + oatmeal
    * ramen
    * parfaits made with skyr or Greek yogurt
  • batchofcookies1
    Thank you!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    * egg white omelette
    * protein powder + oatmeal
    * ramen
    * parfaits made with skyr or Greek yogurt

I miss real skyr so much and I only got to eat it for less than a week.

Sure Siggi's and Icelandic are good and Fage and Chobani Complete are good but true Icelandic skyr was devine.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Does anyone know any recipes that incorporate high protein content but are also simple to make?

What kind of foods do you like?

We make protein cheesecake, protein pancakes, protein pudding, protein bars and a number of meat/seafood based dishes that have a ratio of about 1g protein to 10 calories.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    You can also use silken tofu anywhere you'd use yogurt for a non-dairy protein.

I make salad dressings and simmer sauces for veggies with silken tofu all the time
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm not always sure what people mean when they say simple, but here's a good one I made this week (tripled for my family, subbed in a can of diced tomato and skipped the olives):

https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/249493/apple-turkey-picadillo/

I've been eating the leftovers for lunches.

Grilled/broiled chicken breast with vegetables is also very good and filling, and tastes good as cold leftovers also. You can do it on skewers or on a sheet pan.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    There are few whey protein isolate pancake recopies out there that aren't to bad.
  • batchofcookies1
    Thank you! Maybe I should stay away from the pizza and eat more chicken haha
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Pizza is still a real good option for a high protein low calorie supper.... To increase the Protein you could just drop the bacon and add some chicken breast?

This is my Pizza tonight. (We make this on a full sheet of Josephs Lavash bread which is 2 listed servings. (the macro's below is for 1 quarter of the pizza.)

kxxgx1r9dvmi.png
  • batchofcookies1
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Pizza is still a real good option for a high protein low calorie supper.... To increase the Protein you could just drop the bacon and add some chicken breast?

This is my Pizza tonight. (We make this on a full sheet of Josephs Lavash bread which is 2 listed servings. (the macro's below is for 1 quarter of the pizza.)

kxxgx1r9dvmi.png

Wow thank you! This was helpful
  • vivianwang42699
    vivianwang42699 Posts: 5 Member
    I always make high-protein seafood pasta. Just substitute the pasta with the tofu noodles. Protein powder pancake is also a good choice, and it tastes like a real pancake! All of them are easy to make:)
  • batchofcookies1
    I always make high-protein seafood pasta. Just substitute the pasta with the tofu noodles. Protein powder pancake is also a good choice, and it tastes like a real pancake! All of them are easy to make:)

That sounds awesome! Thank you!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    I've started eating a lot more cottage cheese to increase my protein.
    Recently I've been adding some kimchi on top to give it some snap.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I grill a lot...chicken, fish, burgers, steak, pork chops, pork tenderloin, etc. Doesn't get a whole lot easier than seasoning or marinating some meat, poultry, or fish and throwing it on the grill.
  • batchofcookies1
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I grill a lot...chicken, fish, burgers, steak, pork chops, pork tenderloin, etc. Doesn't get a whole lot easier than seasoning or marinating some meat, poultry, or fish and throwing it on the grill.

That’s very true! I need to use my grill more often, thank you!
  • obx1bag
    obx1bag Posts: 24 Member
    My favorite, scrambled eggs and bacon.
    Buy 18 eggs and scramble them, along with a 1lb pack of bacon. To prep the bacon, set oven to 350, 10 minutes on one side, flip, 10 mins on the other. Makes a few days leftovers.

Lentil Stew
    Ingredients
    Butter
    Yellow Onion
    1.5 tsp salt
    10oz can tomato paste
    1.5 tbsp garlic powder
    1.5 tbsp cumin
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    3 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
    3 cups red lentils
    6 stems of celery
    Full fat yogurt
    Pita chips or cheezits
    Instructions
    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring often, until the onion softens and the tomato paste turns a deep brick red or brown color, 5 to 7 minutes.
    Add garlic, cumin, and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the lentils and celery.
    Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are very tender, 40 minutes.
    Serve by scooping a bowl of lentil, and add some yogurt and pita chips or cheezits.

Keto Enchilada Casserole
    Ingredients
    2 lbs chicken, diced
    1 lb frozen chopped broccoli
    8 slices bacon crumbled
    8 oz shredded colby-jack cheese
    1 Cup heavy cream
    4 oz cream cheese
    4 oz salsa verde
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    Dash of salt and pepper
    Instructions
    Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces. Pat grease off.
    Combine with frozen broccoli, diced chicken, and cheese into a large baking dish.
    Microwave cream cheese until softened (1min) , then stir in the salsa verde, heavy cream, and spices.
    Pour cream cheese mixture into the casserole dish, stir.
    Bake at 360F for 60 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Chicken, Broccoli, Mushroom Rice
    INGREDIENTS:
    20oz Canned cream of mushroom soup
    1 Empty soup can serving of almond milk
    8oz. Water
    1 lb bag frozen broccoli chopped
    1 1/2 Cup uncooked white rice
    1 Envelope onion soup mix
    3 lbs cubed chicken breast
    DIRECTIONS:
    Mix everything in a huge baking dish.
    Cover with aluminum foil.
    BAKE at 350 degrees for 1HR 30MINS.

BBQ Casserole
    INGREDIENTS:
    3 pounds chicken
    1 box farfalle or rotini pasta pasta (12oz or 16oz)
    2 cups BBQ sauce
    1 red onion
    1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
    1 cup almond milk
    8oz Mozzarella cheese
    DIRECTIONS:
    CUT THE CHICKEN INTO SLICES AND PUT IN BOILING WATER FOR ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES.
    BOIL THE PASTA IN WATER. WHEN IT’S DONE, DRAIN WATER, AND ADD THE BOWL OF INGREDIENTS TO THE PASTA.
    COMBINE INGREDIENTS IN A BIG BOWL: SOUR CREAM, MILK, RED ONION, 1 CUP OF CHEESE.
    WHEN THE CHICKEN IS DONE BOILING, TAKE OUT OF WATER. YOU’LL KNOW IT’S DONE WHEN IT CAN BE EASILY SHREDDED WITH A FORK AND KNIFE. SHRED CHICKEN INTO SMALLER PIECES. ADD CHICKEN TO EVERYTHING ELSE AND MIX UP.
    SPRAY DISH WITH PAM FIRST. SPREAD ALL INGREDIENTS INTO A 11x13 BAKING DISH. THEN SPREAD 1 CUP OF CHEESE OVER TOP.
    BAKE TIME: 35 MINUTES

Sorry about the nutty formatting, these are some of my high protein favorites.
  • batchofcookies1
    atx1bag wrote: »
    My favorite, scrambled eggs and bacon.
    Buy 18 eggs and scramble them, along with a 1lb pack of bacon. To prep the bacon, set oven to 350, 10 minutes on one side, flip, 10 mins on the other. Makes a few days leftovers.

Lentil Stew
    Ingredients
    Butter
    Yellow Onion
    1.5 tsp salt
    10oz can tomato paste
    1.5 tbsp garlic powder
    1.5 tbsp cumin
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    3 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
    3 cups red lentils
    6 stems of celery
    Full fat yogurt
    Pita chips or cheezits
    Instructions
    Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, and tomato paste. Cook, stirring often, until the onion softens and the tomato paste turns a deep brick red or brown color, 5 to 7 minutes.
    Add garlic, cumin, and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the lentils and celery.
    Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils and vegetables are very tender, 40 minutes.
    Serve by scooping a bowl of lentil, and add some yogurt and pita chips or cheezits.

Keto Enchilada Casserole
    Ingredients
    2 lbs chicken, diced
    1 lb frozen chopped broccoli
    8 slices bacon crumbled
    8 oz shredded colby-jack cheese
    1 Cup heavy cream
    4 oz cream cheese
    4 oz salsa verde
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    Dash of salt and pepper
    Instructions
    Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces. Pat grease off.
    Combine with frozen broccoli, diced chicken, and cheese into a large baking dish.
    Microwave cream cheese until softened (1min) , then stir in the salsa verde, heavy cream, and spices.
    Pour cream cheese mixture into the casserole dish, stir.
    Bake at 360F for 60 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Chicken, Broccoli, Mushroom Rice
    INGREDIENTS:
    20oz Canned cream of mushroom soup
    1 Empty soup can serving of almond milk
    8oz. Water
    1 lb bag frozen broccoli chopped
    1 1/2 Cup uncooked white rice
    1 Envelope onion soup mix
    3 lbs cubed chicken breast
    DIRECTIONS:
    Mix everything in a huge baking dish.
    Cover with aluminum foil.
    BAKE at 350 degrees for 1HR 30MINS.

BBQ Casserole
    INGREDIENTS:
    3 pounds chicken
    1 box farfalle or rotini pasta pasta (12oz or 16oz)
    2 cups BBQ sauce
    1 red onion
    1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
    1 cup almond milk
    8oz Mozzarella cheese
    DIRECTIONS:
    CUT THE CHICKEN INTO SLICES AND PUT IN BOILING WATER FOR ABOUT 15-20 MINUTES.
    BOIL THE PASTA IN WATER. WHEN IT’S DONE, DRAIN WATER, AND ADD THE BOWL OF INGREDIENTS TO THE PASTA.
    COMBINE INGREDIENTS IN A BIG BOWL: SOUR CREAM, MILK, RED ONION, 1 CUP OF CHEESE.
    WHEN THE CHICKEN IS DONE BOILING, TAKE OUT OF WATER. YOU’LL KNOW IT’S DONE WHEN IT CAN BE EASILY SHREDDED WITH A FORK AND KNIFE. SHRED CHICKEN INTO SMALLER PIECES. ADD CHICKEN TO EVERYTHING ELSE AND MIX UP.
    SPRAY DISH WITH PAM FIRST. SPREAD ALL INGREDIENTS INTO A 11x13 BAKING DISH. THEN SPREAD 1 CUP OF CHEESE OVER TOP.
    BAKE TIME: 35 MINUTES

Sorry about the nutty formatting, these are some of my high protein favorites.

Wow thank you!!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Meat/fish of choice. Seasoning and/or marinade of choice. George Foreman grill. Quick, easy, versatile and delicious.
  • batchofcookies1
    Meat/fish of choice. Seasoning and/or marinade of choice. George Foreman grill. Quick, easy, versatile and delicious.

Thank you!
  • justinejacksonm
    justinejacksonm Posts: 75 Member

My extra protein get up and go smoothie:

1/4 non-fat plain Greek yogurt
    1 tbsp powdered peanut butter (unsweetened)
    1 scoop unflavored isopure
    1 tbsp instant coffee
    1 tbsp unsweetened special dark cocoa
    1 small/medium banana