Accountability buddy

Replies

• kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Hi all!!!!

Its been a crazy busy week, its surprising how much I used to do before lockdown....and when getting back into it all I'm baffled as to how I keep up....I will get there again though!!!!!

Had some slightly frustrating news, an MRI I had done lazy month has come back with showing bruising and fluid around my hip, which fits with the impingement they think I have. I'm going to have a steroid anti inflammatory injection in through my groin at some point soon. Gross!!! Its frustrating as I have been having issues with my hip for the last 20 years....and it's only now they are looking at scans and MRIs and realising that there is an actual issue!

I've fallen off the wagon with tracking....I didn't do great with it last week and this week it just didn't happen at all. I either need a new strategy or a real kick up the bum!!!!! When I am weighing and tracking I weigh every last thing....down to lettuce....and it takes forever just to make a simple salad..... but with no tracking I'm so much more likely to get eat whatever. Maybe I just need to list the foods I'm eating over weighing every last thing??

@PatriceFitnessPal your job sound really rewarding, if not somewhat busy!!!!! We too had a huge learning curve to put all of our support online last year (I am part of a breastfeeding support charity) and now we are trying to get things opened up again....its such a huge effort!! The extra red tape and forms and safety etc is alot!!!!
  • beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    Bah today was my weigh in day and I gained booooo. I blame it on my stupid period...seems I always gain weight around this time. I have been all hormonal and weepy and just wanting to give up. But my sweet hubby told me I look slimmer and that he’s proud of me for working so hard. Ugh got me all crying again but it worked. Here I am on my stationary bike even though I was convinced I was done 🤪 Another NSV for me is I have these toned arm and ab challenges saved on my phone. They are like a 30 day challenge plan and I have started ones like this in the past and quit after maybe 1week but here I am on day 13 still going strong!! 💪

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Hey everyone. It's been a while. Glad to see you're still about. I'm back at my heaviest weight 😢😔 but I'm on the ball. I'm on diet pills from the doctors so I can't mess it up. Was on them previously in 2012 and lost 42lbs+ in 5-6 months so I'm hoping the same will happen but this time I have more to lose.
    @kiay131982 hello hun, its been a long time! hope you're doing well ❤️
  • kiay131982
    @beshamama we all carry a bit extra at that time of the month...I try not to weigh then as I just know it'll depress me and then I will go eat all the things anyway!!!! 😀

@roz0810 Hi!!! Sorry that you are here at your heaviest, but great to see you back!!!! You can do this, report in here as often as you can, we've got you!!! That's a lot of weight to lose quickly....is it sustainable?

My goals for this week

Drink water. Then more water. Then drink MORE WATER!!! (Guess who isn't drinking enough water!?)

Write everything down, even if I'm not weighing and counting...I think I need to be able to see my choices, and keep a track of how many were good and how many were not so good.

Work out!! My PT is on holiday, so no classes for a week. So I am accountable to me (and now you guys) for making sure I work out this week!! I'm going to try hard to get 5 sessions in. Either a HIIT or a run.

Xxxxx
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @kiay131982 Good to hear from you hun. It was sustainable yes, lost it back in 2012 but during lock down and because of my new medication making me gain weight I've gained the weight plus more back.

Happy Monday everyone. Hope you all have a great week.
  • queensamara
    queensamara Posts: 5 Member
    I'm looking to connect with active people. I've been on and off MFP for a really long time. I'm the only one in my house that is trying to work out and eat somewhat healthier😁 I'm Sam
  • beshamama
    Happy Tuesday! And welcome to the new people!

NSV I always buy a 12 pack of beer when I go grocery shopping on Mondays and yesterday when I was getting ready to go we still had beer from last weeks so I didn’t buy more. Also last night hubby was wanting to play bartender but we had already had a beer at dinner and I had no calories left so I said no. Whew! Also purposely bought the flavor of chips I don’t like to combat night snacking.

Goals for this week:
    *Keep logging food
    *Keep exercising
    *Drink more water
    *Try to get to bed at a reasonable time

Hope you all are doing well.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited March 2021
    It’s so wonderful to connect with you again, @roz0810 ... I hope all is well and look forward to your updates.

@ksaffects - Welcome, Sam! Feel free to introduce yourself a bit - or not 😉 - and share your goals so we can encourage each other and support staying on track. We’re flexible here and just find what works. Generally, I post my goals each week (on Wednesday or Thursday) and then post a progress update once or twice that same week to keep myself accountable.

I’m Patrice and live in the Washington, DC area of the US but my extended family members are all from Boston, where I grew up, so both places feel like home. I have two sons in college so I’ve been ‘planning’ a lot of downsizing activity that the regulars see on my weekly goal list EVERY week with very little progress. @kiay131982 offers the gentlest reminders and — until now — I’ve set aside that task due to other priorities. Today, I’m putting on my determined face 😠🤨😏 and making a serious plan to chunk the task into reasonable mini-goals. I’ll start by trying @kiay131982’s brilliant idea about getting rid of one thing for each day of the month (even though it’s not April 1st, there’s no time like the present when motivated!). It’s also invoice preparation time so that’s probably enough accountability this week. My bonus - or practice/preparation - goals for next week are inspired by @beshamama and @kiay131982.

— More Sleep and More Water —

I’m never very good about drinking enough water and I need sleep!! 😴 ... I stayed up really late a number of times this week to finish a report for two reviewers who don’t agree on the vision. One person has done the work of the past year and the other was hired in November (and has a vastly different approach) so the negotiations have been occurring through me ... Late. At. Night 🤬😱🥵 The ‘final’ version is now with their boss so I feel cleansed. I guess that’s why I’m now motivated to clean! One NSV for me is that I avoided late-night snacking despite the stress and exhaustion. Those are usually real emotional eating triggers for me but I took a few extra minutes to eat a balanced meal, instead of snacking, which worked 🎉.

Rowing outside on the river begins soon - and I got my first vaccine today - so I’m eager to get things organized inside the house ... and get outside for some fun again. How is your exercise going without the PT this week, @kiay131982? Did you choose running or HIIT? BTW, Are you going to a work location in-person these days? Your work is so important for promoting healthy infant-parent attachments and helping mothers feel more confident and supported. It makes me so happy to think about those critical early foundational pieces of social emotional wellbeing made possible through your organization!

@beshamama - How are your abs and arms holding up through all those toning exercises? I’m definitely gaining strength in my back from regular physical therapy but one of the exercises uses a ‘body blade’ - that I have to pump with my arms out sideways at shoulder level using the blade - and I feel as though I could fly away the way my sagging arms are flapping 🤣😂🤣. They’re getting better though so I force myself to face it. The only way to the other side is through it! Congratulations on your NSV! 🎉👍🏼🎉 You are always good about reminding us to appreciate those victories. My measurements and weight stayed the same again this week but there’s a lot to celebrate about feeling healthier ... and I’ll feel even more gratitude if I can sleep tonight without interruptions about the looming report! I think we put it to bed 🛌 so cross your fingers for me🤞and I’m sending good wishes your way, too ... Accountability buddies. Go get those goals!
  • kiay131982
    Oooh @PatriceFitnessPal exciting that you are doing the decluttering challenge!!! I might have another go in April. Although I think it will need to be from my shed/loft as we are quite minimalist in most rooms now (as much as we want to be anyway!) So glad that you got through that work and let it go from your brain now!!!!

We haven't got work back in person yet, most of the community venues we use are still closed themselves so we are held up there. We hope to have some form of face to face support back in some places by the end of April. Its just alot of red tape and health and safety things ! :)
    I'm doing okay without the PT...Monday I went for a run, Tuesday I did a HIIT... yesterday was just walking as I have a slight twinge in my back that I didn't want to make worse...so I took it easy. Its still there today though so I will find yoga for back stretching and see if I can tease it out! Xx
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited March 2021
    Wow! @kiay131982 - You’re doing a fantastic job keeping up with your workouts while the PT is on vacation. Good for you 🤩! I came back to post an update for the opposite reason: I had to cancel my training appointment because I woke up with a headache and nausea, probably as a result of my vaccination. I went back to sleep and feel better now.

I’m still planning to do the decluttering challenge though, and aspire to be minimalist, so thanks for the inspiration! I’m going to start today after my physical therapy appointment, which I think you call physiotherapy, maybe?

Anyway, I thought I’d report the ‘wall I hit’ this morning - after conveying so much energy and enthusiasm yesterday - to underscore that it’s not a straight line to the goal ... ‘keeping it real’ so to speak. I often quote the samurai saying “Fall down seven times, stand up eight” because I think it’s so appropriate to this context. Take care, everyone!
  • beshamama
    @PatriceFitnessPal not sure if I see a difference in my arms and abs but I’m determined to actually finish the challenge. The only 2 more days for the arms and 11 for the abs. I really should’ve measured before I started oh well.
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    Hello everyone!! I’ve been following for awhile but haven’t posted. Just got back on MFP in Feb. The closer I get to 40, the harder I’m finding it to keep the weight off. 😩 Ultimately, I’d like to drop at least 10 lbs and get toned up.

It’s hard to stay motivated when my husband (who is 8 yrs older) seems to lose weight without even trying. We have twin girls who are juniors in high school and I’m sure the stress of that isn’t helping either. 😂

Looking forward to “getting to know” some of you and encouraging each other in this journey!!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @lrw327 - Welcome!! I’m glad you joined in! I have similar goals.

@beshamama - As long as your arms and abs feel stronger, it will be worth it and you won’t have to worry about the measurements. I don’t know if my jackets are fitting better because my arms are getting more toned or my back has thinned out but my clothes are definitely more comfortable. An workouts are much more enjoyable to me than arm workouts so I’m going to imagine that 10 more days will fly by. I’ll commit to doing ab workouts with you the next 10 days!
  • beshamama
    @lrw327 hello! Ugh my husband is just like yours! He had a high blood pressure scare at the beginning of pandemic and has been exercising M-F and the weight just flew off. He hasn’t been watching what he eats with the exception of staying away from salty food. Meanwhile I’m yo-yoing despite all my best efforts. 😣

@PatriceFitnessPal I “like” (as much as one can really like an exercise 🤣) the arm workouts way more than the abs. I’m trying to figure out what challenge to do next. I have a couple bookmarked.

Here’s my goals for the weekend for accountability
    *Exercise
    *log food
    *Go easy on the booze
    *Drink more water
    *Get outside
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    Hey everyone!!
    It's nice to see everybody so positive and supporting each other :smiley:
    I had a pretty good week. Tracked everyday and walked my dog for 45-60mins 5 days this week. I miss walking him when I'm working a 12 hour shift at the hospital. I just don't have the energy when I get home. Luckily my puppy is usually with my mom when I work day shifts so he gets exercise with her. I come home from work and he is always POOPED. She definitely wears him out, which is awesome. At least I have a very active job, and always get my steps in and hit my move goal on my apple watch.

Goals for this week:
    - track everyday, even when it's something bad or over my calories. I have a bad habit when I know I'm going over I just say *kitten* it and don't track. I need to change that!
    - walk everyday with Max
    - drink more water
    - avoid snacking after 8pm

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • beshamama
    @ladychr0nic ugh night snacking is my downfall! I’m going to try this trick I saw the other day on Instagram. This woman said she buys a veggie platter like a big one you’d have for a party and keeps it in her fridge and just grabs the veggies as need be when she’s wanting a snack. I’m gonna do that but instead of buying the platter I’ll just buy a bunch of veggies and fruits and prep them and put them in a container. Will also be good for my rascals who’ll be off school next week for spring break. Also going to keep buying the chips I don’t care for 😊
  • kiay131982
    Evening all!!

Sorry to hear you felt unwell for a bit @PatriceFitnessPal ...although glad you are feeling better!

I didn't get in any more cardio without my PT, but I did make sure to do lots of walking. My back was still a bit twingy so I was taking care not to make that any worse!!

Tonight is games night with my friends online, so there will be wine. And tomorrow I will knuckle down again! :)

Hi @lrw327 ! I'm also hoping to lose about 10lbs, I hate the last ten...they seem to boomerang so quickly!!! :)

@ladychr0nic I love dog walks for helping me get my steps up. I have found that I need to try not to count them as my exercise though....otherwise I don't really get anywhere, but if I work out AND walk the dogs then losing weight happens easier :) currently I've spent a few days only walking as I twinged my back...and it's all about maintenance for me :)

I took a look at my weight from this time last year. I'm 9lb down. But I'm also 9lb up from where I was in September so that's not so great!!! Must work harder!
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    1y1xb5w3f6pe.png
    This is my dog Max :) (hopefully the pic worked)

@beshamama
    Thats a good idea! I always buy a bunch of veggies but will definitely try prepping them all out ready to use. I might get a healthy dip for the veggies too to make it more appealing.

@kiay131982
    What kind of dog do you have? Dog walking is the only exercise I do. I know it's not enough but I just don't have the time in the day to do an hour walk on top of exercising. It's not ideal, but I've accepted it. I'm still active and my heart rate gets up to 130 when I'm treking so that's gotta be doing something.

My boyfriend is a severe snacker and I swear over the last 4 years I gained 30 pounds because of his influence. Obviously it's not his fault, but the environment is not ideal for me. He is always thin and can eat ANYTHING he wants without gaining a pound. It's annoying! But I've been getting so much better. When he has ice cream, I have greek yogurt...when he has a bagel, I have corn thins etc. It's working out.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
  • beshamama
    @ladychr0nic your pup is soooo cute!!
  • beshamama
    Didn’t do too bad this weekend...I’m finally starting to kinda enjoy my stationary bike workout. I no longer feel depressed after so that’s good 🤣

This upcoming week my girls are on spring break and my mother and father in-law are moving to our state from CO. I’m not 100% excited about this...they have said unkind things to me in the past and I worry with them living closer the opportunity to be critical of me will increase. Ugh I am a big ball of anxiety and stress. I’m trying to think of positives...my husband loves his family and my girls love their grandparents. With them in town hubby and I can have more time alone. Before Covid we were guilted into using our vacation time to go visit them. Now with them in town we can go other places for vacation!

Goals for upcoming week
    *Get my exercise minutes outside instead of inside!
    *Buy myself a little nice thing to reward myself for all my hard work. I deserve it!
    *Don’t talk bad about in-laws to hubby. He knows how I feel and I’m not helping anything by being mean to him.
    *Be gentle with myself. I’m stressed and hurt and worried and scared. If I drink a beer too many or eat too many mini Cadbury eggs it will be ok. I also am a former smoker and man it has been soooooo hard not to go buy a pack 😭 So in the grand scheme of things I’m doing good.

Thanks for being my sounding board 💕💕