GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    0s7ob8tgihho.jpg
    I lifted Monday, but probably won't get back to the weight room this week. So frustrating to get thrown off track!
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    You are all killing it! Love seeing (and reading) about your wins!

I somehow hurt my knee over the weekend and had some family and personal issues come up, so I've been in survival mode. No lifting, some emotional eating.

I'll try to get back to being badass soon. Keep posting in the meantime! You all make me want to keep going!

My weekend was not the greatest either. My girlfriend and myself have just recently renovated the kitchen and I found out that the plumbing didn't work. After a weekend of ripping out and replacing stuff, I managed to get it working Sunday night. 3 days off of the gym was surprisingly tolling on my mental state. BUT I can proudly say that I can both workout and do the dishes without concerns this week.

I hope that whatever issues it is that you had popped up are resolved. Missing your content. Take care...

Side note: Tonight I may be picking up adjustable dumbbells' that go up to 90 Lbs (Gain city)
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    295lb x 1 Bench PR from last week. 31M 6’1” ~175lbs. Been a while since I maxed out and that was after some working sets getting up to 2 x 2 at 275.

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

Great Lift. You made it look easy. You sir, are one strong mofo.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,511 Member

I somehow hurt my knee over the weekend and had some family and personal issues come up, so I've been in survival mode. No lifting, some emotional eating.

I'll try to get back to being badass soon. Keep posting in the meantime! You all make me want to keep going!

My weekend was not the greatest either. My girlfriend and myself have just recently renovated the kitchen and I found out that the plumbing didn't work. After a weekend of ripping out and replacing stuff, I managed to get it working Sunday night. 3 days off of the gym was surprisingly tolling on my mental state. BUT I can proudly say that I can both workout and do the dishes without concerns this week.

I hope that whatever issues it is that you had popped up are resolved. Missing your content. Take care...

Side note: Tonight I may be picking up adjustable dumbbells' that go up to 90 Lbs (Gain city)

You are not kidding... I haven't lifted since an interrupted workout on Friday... And I feel like I've gained 30lb and never lifted a day in my life. It's crazy what the brain does to us.

I'm glad your issues are fixed up and you can get back to your workouts! Thank you for the kind words!

As for me, I don't think these issues are going to go away any time soon. My youngest child is mentally unwell and I'm doing my best to try and help him. Finding balance is really hard some days.

Can't wait to see some more gifs!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,060 Member
    295lb x 1 Bench PR from last week. 31M 6’1” ~175lbs. Been a while since I maxed out and that was after some working sets getting up to 2 x 2 at 275.

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

Good strength!!
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

Frigging nailed that one. Could have hit the 300+ mark i bet. Good job.
  • stljam

Everyone here knows your still a badass. Glad to see you back and hope you heal well on all fronts.
  • stljam

Good job on the renovation. Those can be a pain - physically, monetarily and mentally. We're still in the middle of ours and I can't work on it because of injury.
  • stljam
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    zk12gq7jaymw.jpeg

Last August 2020 my 1 rep max PR for DLs was 225 LBS. I had hopes to advance further than that but was not sure if I could progress that far. Today I am so excited picture above is 245 LBS max!! I'm so excited how strong I have progressed since then!!

Congrats!
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,182 Member
    zk12gq7jaymw.jpeg

Last August 2020 my 1 rep max PR for DLs was 225 LBS. I had hopes to advance further than that but was not sure if I could progress that far. Today I am so excited picture above is 245 LBS max!! I'm so excited how strong I have progressed since then!!

Well done!
  • KickassAmazon76
    zk12gq7jaymw.jpeg

AWESOME!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

2s8ecwxiqr17.jpeg
    kyvfkv6jrsta.gif

Damn!!!! Great job!!!!!!
  • jennacole12
    zk12gq7jaymw.jpeg

Great job!!!! Once you get past 200 it feels like progress is at a crawl right? 🤣🤣🤣 at least it does for me 🙄🤣
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited March 2021
    Got something in. Kind of winging tonight. Tried box squats for the first time (but went low weight because of my knee)

Did ohp... Still stuck at 70lb, but there is a little tiny vein in my shoulder that is flirting with me. Haha and I love that!

p0kv5t6q94ks.gif

OHP is my worst lift, by a lot. Always proud of people who keep grinding at making it better. Have you got any partial plates? Might be a good place to have some 1lb donuts when 5lb jumps are too steep.
  • KickassAmazon76
    5ofseven wrote: »
    Got something in. Kind of winging tonight. Tried box squats for the first time (but went low weight because of my knee)

Did ohp... Still stuck at 70lb, but there is a little tiny vein in my shoulder that is flirting with me. Haha and I love that!

p0kv5t6q94ks.gif

OHP is my worst lift, by a lot. Always proud of people who keep grinding at making it better. Have you got any partial plates? Might be a good place to have some 1lb donuts when 5lb jumps are too steep.

No... The smallest I have are 2.5s. I keep looking but don't see any in store and online is ridiculous. I was thinking of maybe looking at ankle weights or something.
  • jennacole12

p0kv5t6q94ks.gif

Love love love new veins!!! Also, I just added in box squats too.... I sort of love them but also hate them 🤣😰
  • rcl6
    rcl6 Posts: 84 Member
    z8g3vvwke22b.gif
    New Hack Squat!