Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @MuttiNM - so sorry to hear about your Dad. That has got to be so stressful for you and your family. Between stress and lack of sleep, your stall is to be expected. But yay you for getting a vaccine! I just got my first dose scheduled myself. I've been giddy all day about it!!

@hap2go - one of my breakfast hacks is a carton of egg whites. Pour about 150 g in a bowl. Add salt, pepper, maybe a little smoked paprika or turmeric (to make it look like whole eggs) if you want to get fancy. You can mix in ham, bacon, cheese, veggies, what ever you have in the house - pesto is particularly nice, and then microwave for 2 minutes at 50 % power. If you want to eat it in the car, wrap it in a low carb tortilla. Yummy, fast, low calorie, high protein. And since it can be made in the microwave, it's also the kind of thing you can make at the office or a hotel room when you don't have access to a real kitchen.

My other go to is a cup of Oikos triple zero yogurt with some Muesli or granola mixed in. The triple zero yogurt has 10 carbs, 15 g protein, and 3 g. fiber. No fat.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    @goal06082021 - I think you are my foodie/beverage twin. Love a nice cold beer and eggplant parm is one of my absolute faves! Isn't it great when you can "indulge" yourself and still meet your goal! :)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    kelMee2 wrote: »
    So weighed myself on the 22nd after 2 weeks of eating healthily and I've lost 8lbs which was a welcome surprise.
    Sw 220
    Cw 212
    Gw 160

That's awesome, great job!
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @SammyKlingler I couldn't agree more! The right workout program is the one you can stay motivated with! I’ve been doing a HIIT program with Shona Vertue for the past year and I keep trying to switch it up and try something different, but every time I find that I’m less motivated or it’s not as rewarding for me. So, I’m sticking with what I know works!
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so I’ll post more then but my particular challenge today will be to stick to my calorie goal even though I got my second dose of the Covid vaccine yesterday and am pretty sick today. I generally take not feeling well as an excuse to eat whatever I want (because I “deserve” it - or just get bored with lying around) and I already indulged over the weekend for my birthday. So today’s goal is to enjoy the down time and take care of myself without turning to excess food! 🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    @goal06082021 About the overnight oats, I put equal measures of oats (rolled or steel cut, but not instant or quick cooking) and almond milk in a container and top with frozen berries. It sits overnight in the fridge, and I heat it in the microwave for one minute in the morning. Give it a stir and it should be perfect! Some may want a little sweetener, but I have come to enjoy using just the fruit.
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    Hi guys, my go to meal to take to work is a two egg omelet filled with veggies and two teaspoons of feta, I sometimes add chilli or turmeric to spice it up, even curry powder, I absolute love it and have even eaten it cold at the office, when I have time I warm it up in the microwave. The veggies I often use are, onion, tomatoes, courgettes, red cabbage, aubergines etc.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Weight is coming back down from the hormone increase. I ended up seeing my NET calories were low so I increased my calories. Trying to get back to planning an afternoon snack so I don't have a lot left in the evening.

I made some hummus last night that I've been putting off making for a while. it's fantastic so I'm glad I found the recipe I did. Overall just trying to add more vegetables for the increase instead of always adding in some unhealthy carbs.

Grab/Go - I have gotten some breakfast cookies that I like - Erin Baker's, Enjoy Life. Another easy breakfast I do is avocado toast and cook a basic egg to put it on top with some hot sauce. I'll also cook up some muffins on the weekend and freeze them so I can easily grab one when needed.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    @girlinkaz https://www.maebells.com/peanut-butter-banana-protein-muffins

This is a very similar recipe that I'll make except I'll throw in handfuls of spinach so they turn out green!
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @MuttiNM I'm so sorry your Dad is struggling so much after Covid! It must be taking its toll on all of you! Your family sound very close and you are such a great support to them! Its amazing that you are able to keep up with your healthy living and even your hikes, well done for sticking to your plan for most of the time! I hear lots of people are exhausted after their jabs, so might be a combination?

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @goal06082021 Congrats on your huge loss and for crushing your March goal!!!!

@sarah12277 I need to make me some hummus. I haven't in quite some time, and that would make for a great snack with some veggies. Thanks for the reminder!

@girlinkaz I hope you took good care of yourself. I, too, am guilty of treating myself because I deserved it. That's a joke, and I've slowly come to realize that my body deserves so much more. I think we're both learning, which is great.

@laceyf53 Welcome! I recently started doing a little meal prepping on Sundays, and it's been great. I try to clean and chop veggies, and I make something to eat for lunch throughout the week. Those little changes have made a world of difference. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

@roz0810 Congrats! You killed it this week!! I had a good week. We'll see how the scale feels about my week though.

@lisapoopy We're here to support, and the best part is you're not alone on the weight loss journey. We've got this!

@SammyKlingler I'm glad somebody is excited about working out. I'm trying to get there, but it's hard. I'll have to channel my inner you while working out. I did get a new pair of workout shoes yesterday so there's that. 😁

@kelMee2 Congrats on the 8 lbs!! I bet that was wonderful to see. Keep up the good work!!