What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    20' or so yoga & stretching.
    5.5mi walk, but only 3.6mph.
    32' mild SS stationary bike.

Yup, I'm boring and repetitious lately. πŸ˜‰

Seems to be working OK, though. Resting heart rate dropping very, very slowly, on average; Garmin VO2max estimate (walking) increased today by one point (first in a while); and the crummy, aging knees - so far - are staying just barely to the good side of seriously objecting to the current regimen. For now, it'll do. πŸ˜†
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Monday
    A day off exercise - I felt a bit poorly, maybe due to vaccine side effects. I did get over 20,000 steps in, though.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Rest day yesterday was a needed break. Foam rolling and yoga helped.

Swim/run today. 2000yds of mostly drill work and focus on form. Boring, but helpful. :)
    40 minute ez pace run, again focused on running form and cadence.

Moderate volume and lower intensity sessions this week before moving into the next phase of training. Will start to build for a next race in June.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2021
    Didn't sleep well, so I debated taking a nap, TBH. Two of my dogs caught something and were sick last night. With Covid and us being so careful, all I can guess is one of the lazy people in the neighborhood not picking up after their dogs and my dogs smelling it (or they ate some Mediterranean Fan Palm seeds, which are mildly toxic to dogs). Anyway, functioning on two or three hours sleep, did a hard workout.

30 minutes of supersetting followed by 30 minutes of hard (500m) rowing machine intervals. I'll likely go to bed tonight at 7:30. Very tired now. Pups seem to have turned the corner, though, so I'm good.
  • drmwc
    I got an hour's climb in on my wall. I was on form. It's not long until climbing gyms open here - it will be good to try some different routes again.

I got a walk in the evening, and then played with kettlebells.
  • AnnPT77
    20' or so yoga & stretching.
    5328m row, very slow, 2:36.5/19spm, topped out around 65% HR reserve. πŸ™„

Just wasn't feeling the row tonight, after about a 4 hour multi-stop grocery expedition (first one since Feb 24!), and well over an hour at home afterward trotting up and down stairs to get things from the car (ground level) to the kitchen (2nd floor) and chest freezer (basement), probably 15-20 or so full flights. I don't walk much, so that was enough. 😐

I was, and am, feeling tired. Unlike @MikePfirrman today, I didn't rise to the occasion when fatigued; I slumped to it.πŸ˜†
  • aphobgood
    aphobgood Posts: 7 Member
    I’m on day 3 of Sydney Cummings accelerate program!!!!! It was great!! Her program this week is focused on endurance. Shorter rest periods and longer duration!!!! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlifts
    Leg Press
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
  • MikePfirrman
    @AnnPT77 - sounds hard enough! Nice work.

@aphobgood -- welcome!

Did an hour today. Tweaked my neck somehow yesterday a bit. Did 30 on the LateralX and 30 on the Assault Bike. All fairly easy paced. Pain from an old auto accident. Doesn't take a lot to aggravate it. Will have to get to the chiropractor sooner if it doesn't ease up by tonight.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    ran 6km.
  • AnnPT77
    Around 25' yoga/stretching.
    3.36mi walk (circuitous route in burbs to stay near my house, cut short by threatening storm).
    42' easy-pace stationary bike, of which the first 10' was mostly fiddling with the monitor with little pedaling πŸ™„.
  • Djproulx
    Building 5 runs session per week into training by adding a short transition run after each bike workout in addition to two standalone runs weekly.

Today: Bike/run brick session
    Bike: 1:06:00 Warmup and some basic endurance output, then 3 x 12 minute blocks (8 min @175w, 4min @130w) then more endurance and cooldown.
    Run: Right off the bike into an easy 15min run at 10:00 pace.
  • drmwc
    edited March 2021
    I got an 80 minute climb in. It was really good fun. I was lucky to get it in - it rained all day, but cleared up in the evening.

I got quite a few relatively hard routes done - my footwork was better than normal. My finger strength seemed OK as well - there were some tiny holds involved at some points.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2021
    OK, so this one is different. Not rowing today. Not doing the LateralX or even the Assault Bike.

I'm doing rooftop yoga at 5:45 with my daughter at a local resort. It's cold today for Tucson, so hoping they have some rooftop heaters! It's like 50 degrees outside. My wife was also supposed to go but wimped out. Too bad it's cloudy and yucky today (not common here) as this place has amazing views of the mountains and city as the sun sets.

Neck is feeling better, which is good. I'll try not to get too crazy with all the yoga moves tonight!

Zero cardio for me is a rare day. Going to the Chiropractor tomorrow. She usually sorts me out pretty quick. A good chiropractor is a must. Finally have one here in town that I love.
  • AnnPT77
    Got Pfizer #2 today, so cut the yoga/stretch a little short to be on time for my appointment, and kept the actual workout on the easy-pace side in the hopes of giving my immune system free rein to do as it's encouraged, so:

15' yoga/stretch.
    5354m indoor rowing.
  • Djproulx
    OK, so this one is different. Not rowing today. Not doing the LateralX or even the Assault Bike.

I'm doing rooftop yoga at 5:45 with my daughter at a local resort. It's cold today for Tucson, so hoping they have some rooftop heaters! It's like 50 degrees outside. My wife was also supposed to go but wimped out. Too bad it's cloudy and yucky today (not common here) as this place has amazing views of the mountains and city as the sun sets.

Neck is feeling better, which is good. I'll try not to get too crazy with all the yoga moves tonight!

Zero cardio for me is a rare day. Going to the Chiropractor tomorrow. She usually sorts me out pretty quick. A good chiropractor is a must. Finally have one here in town that I love.

That yoga session sounds great. I really miss my yoga studio since it closed due to the pandemic.

My chiropractor is a big believer in yoga. In fact, he wrote a prescription for a daily round of Up Dog pushups, two minutes of Down Dog, active torso twists and one minute(each leg) of Pigeon pose daily. He also quizzes my wife, who is also a patient, to make sure I'm getting the yoga sessions done, lol.
  • Djproulx
    One hour run tonight. Warmup, then 4 rounds of 10min endurance, 1 min tempo, 1min recovery pace.

Back to the bike/run brick tomorrow.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited March 2021
    Djproulx wrote: Β»

That yoga session sounds great. I really miss my yoga studio since it closed due to the pandemic.

My chiropractor is a big believer in yoga. In fact, he wrote a prescription for a daily round of Up Dog pushups, two minutes of Down Dog, active torso twists and one minute(each leg) of Pigeon pose daily. He also quizzes my wife, who is also a patient, to make sure I'm getting the yoga sessions done, lol.

It was hard, which I expected. Good teacher, though, great cueing. They had the plastic pulled down, which blocked the wind, which makes a huge difference. It's an open air above with arched lights. Really beautiful venue. And as it turned out, the sun came out for a really lovely sunset toward the end of class. And my balance is horrific!

My daughter really enjoyed the class and instructor and she's done a lot more yoga than I ever will in my life, so that's what important!

I believe that some yoga based core moves are the only thing that finally healed my thoracic disc injury. That part of the back doesn't hurt like a neck or lower back, but it's very hard to heal. The only things that helped me were building the core and doing a ton of cobra and superman poses.
  • pancake4dolls
    pancake4dolls Posts: 6 Member
    Shoulder press with 12.5kg dumbbell
    Biceps curls 12.5kg dumbbell
    Bench press 20kg on barbell
    Clean and jerk 12.5kg dumbbell
    Unilateral straight arm pulldown
    Deadlift 35kg

Not my best but it was a workout nonetheless! Got yoga tomorrow morning bright and early!