JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site..
    2. Pit Crew: Answer questions. Evaluate roughs. LESSON PLANS FOR J.
    3. Classes: Lesson - Standards, Citation. Indiv: Project work / back work. GRADE WORK.
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Input assignments. Writing script. Stress script
    5. Lunch: Jambalaya. Write script for P&P notes. Print and address progress reports.
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed. Shoot Overwork vid. Run 1 mile after school.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Mexican. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Send D for Visa card and Mexican?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? BREAK: WORK ON PHIL OF ED AND FANFIC. I have to prioritize these. Saturday dinner with parents. Sunday livestreams. Tuesday park. Thursday lunch with family. Friday GED. 20 late assignments daily except Wednesday. When to shoot videos?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I feel like I'm going to spend my entire "break" grading and planning.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member

JFT:
    ✅at least 95 g protein
    ✅play sea of thieves with friends
    -7k steps
    -drink a lot of water
    -clear and finish another raised bed
    ✅at least text my friend back already

Yesterday was okay, I ended up having to deal with 40 lbs of red peppers, so I made a pretty good roasted red pepper soup, multiple batches to freeze, and then cut up the rest of the peppers to freeze for later. Tomorrow we have dirt delivered for our raised beds, so we have to get them all cleared today!

JFT:
    -not going for protein today, it's pizza night! Let's stay under 1500 cal
    -CLEAR THE RAISED BEDS
    -drink a lot of water
    -move furniture back onto the front porch
    ✅go running (took it easy today, my knee decided it didn't like it - I have to find my compression brace)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Thursday March 25
    1.5L of Water - :/
    Log all Food - :)

JFT - Friday March 26
    1.5L of Water
    Log all Food

@Bex953172 - I just love how you encourage everyone. I don't think I've ever hidden dirty pots in the cupboard, I know people that have though. To me I would have to clean everything in the cupboard if I put dirty dishes in there. Now, if you were to ask me about putting dirty dishes in the oven we could have a different conversation. LOL

@WellingTX - You are doing so well. You should be proud of yourself.

@pridesabtch - I'm swelling with pride for Sierra as well. What an accomplishment! I have been thinking about just restarting my weight from the current and just work on that. I hate that I've gained my loss back. I understand your feelings.

I am at work an hour early to try to get some things done. I need to get a lot accomplished today and want to leave on time because we are having the Grands for a sleepover tonight. It hasn't been since August that they have spent the night and we've really only seen them from more than 10 or 15 minutes once since November. It is still against the rules here, but they are both home, so is Rodger and I am vaccinated. There is no reason why we can't do this.

Have a great day everyone.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Made it to Friday! The sun’s shining and it’s going to be a gorgeous day. Doing a happy dance because my sister will be here for the weekend :):):)

The last few days have been a disaster in terms of healthy eating and exercise, so I really do need to get my act together on that front. Sure, I can tell myself that I’m giving myself a mental health break by avoiding added stress during a time when I feel stretched, but that’s a short-sighted excuse. Eventually avoidance will give way to self-recrimination, shame, and even more self-sabotage. I need to set aside some time to figure out what’s going on and what I need to do about it. Sigh… :(

But for the next couple of days, I’m going to let it go and enjoy my time with my sister.

Thursday 3/25
    • Wrap up conferences - √ - I even managed to work in the students who needed to reschedule. So relieved to be done.
    • Quick grocery run – X – No time (see above).
    • Make better food choices – 50% - Meals were pretty good, but too many snacks.
    • Walk – Decided to spend the hour working in the garden instead. The weather was gorgeous and I got a good bit done, so I’ll count this as a win.

JFT Friday 3/26
    • Grocery store
    • Quick load of laundry
    • Straighten house and yard for the weekend
    • Set up deck and firepit for dining outdoors

Hope you all have a good weekend, no matter where you're at and what you need <3
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    weekly weigh-in 2021 -- every friday

Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW: 195
    1st goal: 185
    2nd goal: 180
    Ultimate goal: 170-175

Word for the year 2021: Consistency

My weight history:
    SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178 on December, 2019
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained 15 pounds through the pandemic :s
    SW Year 2021:195

Goals for 2021:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2021:
    1. Lose 25 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 170, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day
    6. To curb and stop nitetime snacking for good.

Weekly weigh-in. I plan on weighing every friday
    SW Friday, Jan 1st: 195.6
    SW: Feb 5: 191.8
    SW: Mar 5: 193

Friday, Jan 8: 194.4 -1.2
    Jan 15: 194.6. +.2 I was down to 193.4 2 days ago .. but this reflects 2 days of mindless eating.
    Jan 22: 191.4 -3.2 5 out of 7 days were good ...
    Jan 29: 194.2 -- this is what happens when I don't track, give into stress and emotional eating. But ... My word for the year is consistency... that means consistently also recording my weight .. and being accountable. So its a new week.. again.
    Feb 5: 191.8 -- trying to get back on track with controlled nite time eating
    Feb 12: 194.3 --- I don't know why, but I can do good for a week, only to blow it the next week. I think the pandemic, the cold dreary weather is leading me to just overeat.
    Feb 19: 194 --- a very small loss, due to 4 days of overeating granola bars and Kind bars.
    Feb 26: 193 -- 5 out of 7 days I did OK, especially with nite time snacking.

Mar 5: 193 -- stayed the same, but had 2 days of eating icecream and peeps
    Mar 12: 192.6. Started challenge of the rest of the month NO nite time eating at all.
    Mar 19: 190.4 -- 5 out of 7 days NO nite time eating. Goal next week ... 6 our of 7 day no nite time eating, 8+ glasses water @ day.
    March 26: 188.6--- 6 out of 7 days I did good .. no nite time eating. Last nite... food was in control of me. I was so tired, and instead of lying down... I grazed the entire nite. So much that I had trouble sleeping. So while right now my weight is down, I expect it to go up. So next weeks goal is 7 out of 7 days.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFt, Thursday
    1. no nite time snacking. Do whatever I can to distract myself for 10 minutes. Brush teeth, take a walk, go downstairs, get on social media or on here. I have to be careful today, because I am tired. And when I am tired I tend to want to eat more. >:)
    2. concentrate on 8+ cups water >:)
    3. listen to podcasts if time >:)

[/quote]

JFT, Friday, Mar 256
    1. NO nite time snacking. Remember what I need to do ... wait 10 minutes; brush teeth; take a walk; go downstairs.. away from food; lay down or go in the patio room.. away from food. Goal is 7 days in a row to do this.
    2. concentrate on water
    3. listen to podcasts

Last nite food was in control of me. I was so tired ... my mind went right to food. I had bought a bag of jelly beans to put on top of a angel food cake for easter. Well.. opened up that bag of jelly beans... and that led to a nite of eating. So much I was almost sick ... and as a result, could not get to sleep. Whenever I do this I tell myself how awful I feel.... but somehow in the moment, just don't even think about it.

So its a new week... I officially start my weeks on friday. So hoping to have at least 6 good nite... hopefully 7. My weight was down... but I know because of last nite it will go up... but hoping only temporary, and I'll get it back down.

• mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I did another 10k steps today :) I checked my app and apparently I've done it 3 days in a row now! So it was like a mini NSV :)

I gotta clean up the house tonight downstairs, got an engineer coming out to do a gas check on the boiler. So finally I can ask him how to turn the damn water down so it's not scalding my hands.

I really cba cleaning it. I was considering putting the dirty pots in a cupboard until he'd gone😂😂😂.. And I'm still considering it! There's just too much otherwise and it's already 9.15pm, but I could atleast wipe the sides and sofa and hoover and mop the floors so it's clean

Anyway night all, can't wait for Friday night where I can just sleeeeeeeeeeeep.

Your really rocking it this week for steps @Bex!!
  • mytime6630

I’m getting my first Covid jab today 😊

YAH!!! We get our second shot on saturday .. so excited! How ever thought we would all be so excited to get a shot!
  • mytime6630
    roz0810 wrote: »

Thursday 25th March

Walk 30 minutes :)
    Stay within calories goal :)
    Drink 2L of water :)

Same goals for me for the rest of the week

Great start!!!
  • mytime6630
    Found out yesterday that Sierra got the Presidential Scholarship from RMU which is 4 years full tuition. Her athletic scholarship will cover room and board so that's a full ride to the university for all 4 years!!! I'm one proud momma.

I reset my starting weight so life would be less depressing. Seeing you've gained 48 pounds in the last year was not motivating. It was more like why bother. So I set the weight from the beginning of 2021. More pertinent that way and less humbling.

Wow -- and you should be avery proud momma! Congrats to Sierra.
    I so agree. .. reseting your starting weight is motivating. You can do this ... You've done it before, and I know you can do it again! Its just one day at a time... and the best is that each day we can start over.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Recap 3/25 R work at home day & get to see hubby before he leaves for work <3
    1) Walked 3.6 mi & saw pileated woodpecker in flight / in woods :mrgreen: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly :) 11/14 & 12.8k
    3) Make shepherd's pie (WW version) for supper / net cals zero / 14c water >:) pissed over dept email from manager (she & aSSt. manager are so incompetent!!!) mid-afternoon & snacked in evening -280 & 12c
    4) GA-IT FY21 prep / clear some email backlog / online EE training / update tracking log & PRO s/s = 2/4
    5) At least 3 chores :smiley:
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work) = 1.5/6

JFT 3/26 F
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon
    3) Not sure of supper / net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT FY20 f/u / emails! / Facebook Live 12:00 / submit PRO & PAR s/s / update Project Status s/s / pack for office on M
    5) More chores
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm Sat.

Woke up intending to walk dog before work but 28 degrees with wind chill of 20 and damp. Decided to wait until temps reach 40s this afternoon. Can't take rest day b/c tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and I've already taken one rest day this week.

@jeschepp I aim to work out at least 5 days a week, minimum of four. That gives me 1-2 rest days per week if I want, and I always take at least one rest day. I keep my workout schedule flexible for weather, lazy, schedule, etc. issues/excuses. That works for me.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Happy weekend all! Going to log my weight for my diet bet challenge tomorrow and then my goal is to take the day OFF. It's supposed to be rainy and I have no pressing tasks so my goal is to loaf. I may feel guilty but it's so rare that I have the ability to fully take a day for me, I might as well take it! So my goal will be self-care.

JFT Friday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Saturday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
    Think of goals to swap out for exercise rest days

@zizzybumble how are you feeling?
    @bex953172 I have definitely hidden dirty pots before!
    @clicketykeys I hope you have SOME down time :)
    @pridesabtch Congrats to your daughter!
    @beachwalker99 Have a blast with your sister!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛🍀
    🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤 MARCH 🐤🐥🦆🌷🐛
    🍀🐛🌷🦆🐥🐤🐸🐥🐤🦆🌷🐛🍀

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 4
    Mon: ✅ Tue: ✅ Wed: ✅ Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 5/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 5/7
    5. Steps > 8000 ✅ 5/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 5/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 5/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Sat 27 March:
    • Meditation 🎉
    • Weigh/post weight 🎉
    • wrist exercises
    • Laundry - coloureds
    • Local shops for fresh produce
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: d/l next book
    • Keep up to date with email 🎉
    • Daily goals update🎉

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:💧💧💧💧💧
    March:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧💧💧
    💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS (7 March —->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 19

Terri 🦄

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    Found out yesterday that Sierra got the Presidential Scholarship from RMU which is 4 years full tuition. Her athletic scholarship will cover room and board so that's a full ride to the university for all 4 years!!! I'm one proud momma.
    That's brilliant. Such a load of your mind.

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member

JFT Friday 26th

Log everything almost, I didn't go back online to log evening drink
    Stay in the green bit over
    Back exercises no
    Walk 35 minutes
    No evening snacking one
    Stay offline most of the day yes

The walk backfired on me. The weather had been too bad all day but I noticed the wind had gone down in the evening, so I went out purely to make sure I'd be in the green. At the furthest point from home it started to rain, really heavy with thunder, so I squelched home with wet feet and trousers sticking to me. So instead of being in the green I had drinking chocolate and a biscuit once I'd dried off, oops. On the plus side, I think I walked faster lol.

JFT Saturday 27th

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk and/or garden (still cold and windy)
    Limit online time (going to write it like that rather than a ban as I like to read at lunchtime)

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Friday

-Work out for 40 minutes: Nope. I'm a slug
    -1999 calories: Very difficult 1978. 18 days down

For Saturday

-Work out for 90 minutes. No excuses:
    -1999 calories
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    Happy Saturday everyone!

Last night in bed I checked my watch and I had done 9,928 steps, so I got up and walked them last 72 steps lol!
    Another 10k steps!

Hoping to get outside today to get some steps in too, maybe take the kids to the park. If not I'll exercise tonight.

Im racking my brains to try remember what I ate yesterday to log it but I just can't remember lol