67 years old and finally seem to have found the secret to weight loss.

dbarfieldsr
dbarfieldsr Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2021 in Introduce Yourself
I've struggled with my weight for years. I have now lost 39.9 lbs in 6 months and am well on my way to my goal. I would love to share what I am doing. And no I am not selling anything.

Replies

• lindadavila1080
    lindadavila1080 Posts: 1 Member
    Please share.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Guarantee it has to do with calorie deficit. However you achieved it though would be nice to share.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Yes, please share the secret of your success! And well done on losing 40 pounds in 6 months.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    We can learn to moderate ourselves with all foods. Why not share it. This is your thread and you have a captive audience.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    yes, please tell us, anyone can learn from the other experience !
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    I am interested also @dbarfieldsr. My husband has been needing to lose weight...he is successful when he puts his mind to it...but yes, also interested in what you are eating to lose! Thx!!
  • dbarfieldsr
    edited March 2021
    All of us on this site are concerned with 1 of 2 things. 1 Health 2 Looks. Myself it was health. I had accepted the fact that I was born this way and that made it easy for me to go about my life. The truth was I was a slim child. I managed to get to almost 270 pounds. That's a lot on a 5'8" man. My knees ached and back hurt. I couldn't find clothes to fit. I looked like someone had just draped cloth on me. No pictures of me were allowed and when I swam it was with a shirt on. Any of this sound familiar? Annual physicals always noted "Morbid obesity". I became prediabetes. I managed to drop to 255 a couple of years ago and stayed there for a few years. I would lose and then gain it back. I became depressed. I want to help everyone I can, together we can reach our goals and stay there.
    Stay with me and we all can share our success. Some of you (most) are not new at this, failure is always in our minds. We can do this together. I have to leave for a bit but I will write down what I eat every day from now on.

I set my goal at 1500 calories a day. I do not stress if I got a bit over, the key words are a bit)
    Today:
    Breakfast: Jimmy Dean - Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bowl, 10 oz. Donald Duck Orange juice 378 total calories
    Lunch: Subway 6” Ham and Cheese on Wheat (plain you can add veggies and mustard but none of the other spreads), Diet Cola (with a little Cherry coke mixed in). Cheetos Crunchy Chips 525 total Calories
    This leaves me 577 calories for Dinner. I’ll post what I eat tonight later, a couple of slices of Cheese Pizza and a diet cola sounds good.
  • dbarfieldsr
    Also to answer one of the above comments. Yes it is calorie deficit, but I have learned that I can survive on a lot less food then I was eating. I just had to figured out what my needs were. This also has led me to the reality that I can keep it off once I hit my goal weight.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    WOW @dbarfieldsr ... Calories in and Calories out! That is what my husband professes...He does eat the Jimmy Dean Breakfast bowl...but not the Turkey one. lol...We LOVE Cheetos Crunchy chips..that is VERY Doable..but we eat the WHOLE big bag..so would have to get the small lunch bags. Just appreciate that you shared you lost weight on this. Life is definitely to be enjoyed...and yes moderation is key!! THANKS for sharing :):)
  • dbarfieldsr
    edited March 2021
    I buy the small party bags of chips and don't include them very often. They are like a little treat for me. One bag and when its empty its over. LOL.
    Also make sure to include vitamins in you daily planning.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Health is always stronger motivator !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Also to answer one of the above comments. Yes it is calorie deficit, but I have learned that I can survive on a lot less food then I was eating. I just had to figured out what my needs were. This also has led me to the reality that I can keep it off once I hit my goal weight.
    Well being overweight MEANS eating more than you really need to. If one ate at a maintenance level when they were at a normal weight, then there would be no weight gain.
    I eat WHATEVER I want. I eat 2 meals a day (lunch and dinner) and then snack on whatever I feel as long as I stay within the calories I'm allowed to.
    Working out alot and hard has allowed me to consume at least 2500 calories a day and not regain any weight.

If you go to countries outside of the US, many have all sorts of processed foods, fried foods, sugar added foods, etc. but don't have the obesity issues of the US. And it's for one main reason.....................they just don't eat as much as many Americans do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,254 Member
    Thanks great advice and help! I am in the stuck stage but I know eventually it will move!
  • dbarfieldsr
    edited March 2021
    Dinner tonight was different. My wife wanted Waffle House. I had hash browns with ham, onions and cheese with ketchup. Small order complete comes to a little over 400 calories.
    Also, prior to dinner we went to a baby shower and I ate a Chili's Southwest Egg Roll for an additional 270 calories. The total put me about 100 calories over my daily limit but well within where I wanted to be.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,254 Member
    Dinner pie and mash so I will tweak my other meals to accommodate it!