A Looooong Journey

applcorp
applcorp Posts: 24 Member
These are over ten years apart, but what's important for me here is the first pic is shortly after I got out of an abusive relationship. I was somewhere around 220 (I think - no scale, and the last time I had weighed myself was at 220).

The second picture was last weekend, March 20, 2021. I have gained about ten pounds back during the last year, but that was after losing 50 lbs in 2019.

So I'm back, ready to get at it and get healthier. And if you're wondering about the outfit, I'm a belly dancer, and I was trying out costuming for a show tonight - my first solo in over a year!

Anyway, I'm posting this for accountability. I'm single, and I have a bunch of wonderful and forgiving friends who believe I'm beautiful at any size - which is lovely, but my goal is health, and I want to keep going with this.

Thanks for indulging me!
yntzl2ilxop8.jpg
qmnc74desmw9.jpg

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Your costume is lovely! Break a leg, as they say in showbiz :)
  • NecessaryChange
    NecessaryChange Posts: 91 Member
    You look great! Keep at it, it's great to see you doing well after working your way back from a bad situation. Looking forward to your progress!
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Love it! You're looking great and I'm digging the natural hair!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Let us know how your solo goes.
  • applcorp
    Thanks, everyone, for the support. The show Saturday night was awesome, even though I can tell I've been away from stage for a while.... time to step up my work outs!
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Every little bit counts and you've done an amazing job even with all the adversity in your personal life. Kuddos to you!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Love your post and your costume. Keep up the awesome work. You can do it!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Your amazing applcorp! Have a fantastic Show!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    I'm a belly dancer too! Been doing it since the start of this year........I love it. Love your costume xxx
  • applcorp
    I'm a belly dancer too! Been doing it since the start of this year........I love it. Love your costume xxx

Thank you! I'm a Tribal Fusion dancer, with a little cabaret on the side. Belly dance was how I started getting healthier at the beginning, and now I want to be healthier so I can be a better dancer! It's done so much more for me, beyond being physically healthy - my studio is my second home now, and my troupe is like family.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!