Weight No More - April 2021 Team Chat

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
49o31slvki76.png

Here is your Team chat room for April 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @KUMEcyclingteam
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. At the end of the month we celebrate everyone who lost every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:

Username
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captains here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You need support to maintain, and you can help your teammates join you. You continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    I always read with excitement the posts because of the different perspectives and the strong support. Often times when I read, I end up wondering why I'm not successful. Why is that? How come they can do this and I can't? What do they have that I don't? What is the secret to their success? In my trials and tribulations I've discovered that this weight loss thing becomes complicated when I allow it to. The "need" to eat is always more mental than it is physical. How can I possibly feel hungry when all I do is eat? My eating is all impulse; I don't remember the last time I felt true physical hunger. My school of thought is based on what I feel I deserve, boredom, and of course stress. I know the secret to my success starts with me. I have to make a true effort and be willing to do the necessary work. I can't dismiss the stress but I can learn to deal with it in a more productive way. Boredom will always be around if I just sit around. The secret is making the commitment and following through. I have a long way to go and as long as I recognize that success comes in many forms, I'll get there.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    @pizzafruit this sounds like me. I know exactly how you feel. It’s hard to break that habit of eating when not hungry, but we have to do it if we want to improve. I’m 50. It’s time to stop messing around!
  • vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    Username vvlucky
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight):203
    CW (Current Weight):195

Hi team,
    I'm really looking forward to this challenge. My COVID belly is prominent - due to stress eating and drinking. I'm 60 and my metabolism isn't what it used to be.... So, being more responsible about what I ingest is goal #1. Goal #2 is to actually start exercising again. I look forward to supporting you as well as learning from your successes and challenges.
    Warm regards,
    Denise

• vvlucky
    vvlucky Posts: 51 Member
    So I think I am actually going to start tomorrow - it's time!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    b2b1gvt7b6xj.png

It's time to set up your April Habit Tracker for our new month starting tomorrow! Just click the link and follow the simple instructions. APRIL HABIT TRACKER

“Habit is a cable; we weave a thread each day, and at last, we cannot break it.” ―Horace Mann
  • gottagetthisdown
    gottagetthisdown Posts: 122 Member
    Username: gottagetthisdown
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 175.6
    CW (Current Weight):173

Sorry I missed weigh in yesterday, I completely forgot.
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    I’ve been away for a few months and see new members that have joined since I’ve been gone. I’ll be sending you all friend requests.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @pizzafruit thanks for your honesty and boy can I relate to everything you wrote in your post!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,304 Member
    Good morning WNM! Welcome to all the new ladies & gents! Happy April!

I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain.
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. My husband says when he met me (a couple years later), if I turned sideways I'd disappear and he always stayed close when there was wind, in case it tried to carry me off. This is a huge exaggeration on his part. But I was super thin. In retrospect, I’m sure I had an eating disorder, but not one of the named ones. I’d say it was more about control and less about food or weight, but that is true for all of them...Meeting my husband truly saved me.

Anyway, growing up, my mother obsessed about her weight. She was always ‘on a diet.’ When I think about it, at her heaviest, she was maybe an 80’s size 12 and more commonly ~10. But she was positive she was huge. She's much larger now. All this had tremendous impact on my thinking on weight...

Her obsessing made me a bit body conscious and when I did start gaining weight, I would temper my thinking...mom was always obsessed about weight...don't do that, a couple pounds isn't huge...I've got none of the reasonable reasons for gaining...no kiddos, just the husband. I got out of school (no more climbing those KU hills all the time), started working more sedentary jobs, started eating more, snacking, until about 4 years ago August, when I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.

I lost 70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit and then come back. What came back was most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 70 pounds (the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost.

My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). In August, I acquired some vertigo problems (or, maybe they just got worse...)...the point behind saying this is a lot of exercise people promote is bad, and sometimes dangerous, for me. I think it is sinus related and many of those problems have now resolved, after switching ENT’s.

My severe vertigo had been under control but a couple weeks ago it kicked my kitten. AGAIN. I think things are improving...Maybe it was triggered by vaccine 1. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was because I got lazy with evening nasal sprays and morning irrigation...maybe it wasn't. I can control the medication compliance but not my reaction to the vaccine. I get my second round next Friday. I guess if the vertigo goes crazy 32-36 hours after the second shot, I'll know. This has been interfering with any meaningful exercise but as it has improved, I've gotten more walking in.

So...mostly, I walk. I do a bit of yoga now and then (though it isn't recommended with the connective tissue thing...but feels good. Love up and down dog...but not while dizzy) and have pilates vids I do sometimes. I should do these more and strength training (can be good for connective tissue issues) but I'm not there yet. A few times a year, I go all out at gardening...I keep thinking I will do some YouTube LesMills BodyFlow videos…I like those a lot. But haven’t done it.

My 2021 Goal
    My 2020 goal was Wonderland…but that was before the asthma insanity of the end of November and three rounds of Prednisone. Did NOT Happen.
    I have a closet full of size 10's that I want to wear.
    Back to Wedding Weight (165) before the end of the year. Maybe lower...
    Daily goals:
    Walk at least 30 minutes a day or do an exercise video.
    Get back to doing core exercises every day. I need to
    80 oz of water or non-alcoholic liquid a day, mostly water. (I don't drink much in the way of alcohol generally, but just clarifying...long, ugly family history of substance abuse makes me very cautious)
    Cut down on sugar and junk food (reducing sugar is generally helping, I turn into the munch monster when I eat candy...see: cookie monster's blond sister...)

I have hopes that April will be a fabulous month! We can do this!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    edited March 2021
    lprak4k45rog.png

April Week 1 Challenge is UP! Please join in for some April showers of progress and commitment.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828588/april-showers-week-1-challenge#latest
  • BlueSkyNomad
    BlueSkyNomad Posts: 61 Member
    BlueSkyNomad
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    SW: 214.7
    PW: 210
    CW: 210
    LTD: 4.7

Steps:

9120 20 March
    9030 21 March
    5866 22 March
    6808 23 March
    6407 24 March
    7660 25 March
    6016 26 March
    8558 27 March
  • moamb
    moamb Posts: 9 Member
    Hi team. Happy to be joining you for the April challenge. I have a quick logistics question @minstrelofsarcasm or @melaniedscott. My weigh in day is Monday--do I wait until the first Monday of April (April 5th) or weigh tomorrow (March 29th). I was assuming the 5th, but I want to make sure. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    moamb wrote: »
    Hi team. Happy to be joining you for the April challenge. I have a quick logistics question @minstrelofsarcasm or @melaniedscott. My weigh in day is Monday--do I wait until the first Monday of April (April 5th) or weigh tomorrow (March 29th). I was assuming the 5th, but I want to make sure. Thanks!

@moamb - Glad you asked! Your first weigh-day is tomorrow, even if it isn't technically April yet.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

an0l7zcdj2a9.png

B) ROCK STARS!! :star:
    j4eg10coflcb.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Hi my name is Patsy, 68 years old, married 50+ years to my high school sweetheart, 2 grown kids and 2 grandkids - teenagers. I was always skinny as a child, weighed in at 120 when I was full term pregnant with my babies. After the first I lost all that I gained, kept 5 after the second. I started gaining weight in my late 30s when I was working full time at a desk job. and drinking too much soda. But the doctors all said not to worry - 2-3 pounds a year is not bad. Until I hit 170s!! My highest weight was 179 a few years ago. I managed to lose about 20 then was diagnosed a year ago with liver cancer. The chemo made me hungry but also kicked up my energy level so I managed not to gain weight even though I ate much more than usual. I switched to an immunotherapy drug last summer after 4 months of chemo that did not shrink the tumor. The Keytruda decreased my appetite to normal and I have lost a couple pounds (the doctors want me to maintain) and it is working as the tumor shrunk almost 80% in six months. Next scan is ten days away and I am looking for more great news.
    I joined this team in 2018 and have really learned a lot from everyone here. Let's all keep up the good work and lose all those extra pounds!
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Hey All...

Sorry, I’ve been terrible at doing my part... so let’s look at April as a fresh start please 🙏🏽

@minstrelofsarcasm can I please change my weigh in days to Sunday?

Weigh In Day: Friday’s (hoping to change to Sunday)

HW (Highest Weight): 155
    PW (Previous Weight): 149.2
    CW (Current Weight): 143.9
This discussion has been closed.