Friday 26 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

I’m getting my first Covid jab today 😊

@jeschepp. I had my jab at 10:00, felt very tired mid evening but didn’t sleep well. I was so thirsty. Woke up feeling as if I had a hangover. My arm is only slightly sore. Any side effects are minor compared to Covid and I’m just going to take today easy - still tired and thirsty.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 27 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 Weight shot up overnight, I think it’s fluid retention
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    ]

For Saturday Great day

-Work out for 90 minutes. No excuses: 87 minutes
    -1999 calories 1875 19 days down

For Sunday

-Work out for 90 minutes:
    -1999 calories:

• ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 27 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 Weight shot up overnight, I think it’s fluid retention

• ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 28 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

It’s been very quiet on here, I hope it’s because you are having busy and enjoyable weekends.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hi all, just checking in briefly while I have a bit of time on a lazy Sunday morning!

I'd say I've been busy and that is definitely true within working hours which have been quite packed and pressurised, however I've also had plenty of evenings and weekends where I have had lots of time in which I could have posted. So why haven't I?

I guess I just haven't felt like it. In weekday evenings, I tend to be quite drained from the working day - not just the workload but also by the ongoing emotional strain involved in working remotely and feeling quite isolated. It's just not the same communicating with colleagues remotely as face-to-face and it's quite exhausting, I find. Then in the weekends, I am more relaxed but often fall into a bit of a void of lethargy and depression at the vast amount of time stretching ahead of me with little of any meaning or enjoyment to fill it with (I'm probably catastrophising there but it's how it feels). I don't tend to feel like communicating when I'm in either of those moods.

Despite the above, I am doing ok though! From tomorrow, we're going to be allowed to travel beyond our local area and to meet up with other households again and I have plans to meet up with friends for the next three weekends! I think I will feel much better when I'm able to meet up with people in person, I am inherently a social being (as we all are) so I have no doubt it will increase my mood when see humans!!! And hopefully not too long before I can go back into the office on some days again - I'm hoping I can stay working from home part of the time as I do love having the extra time/ sleep/ money (my train ticket is extortionate) but I'm also just really craving some f2f interaction with colleagues.

Weight-wise, I'm currently at 12 stone 6 (174 lbs) which is 15 pounds above my goal weight but which is a few pounds down from what I weighed in January. I'm not finding weight loss particularly easy as (a) in these not particularly nice times food is one of the main comforts that exist (b) it's not particularly motivating losing weight that I've already lost multiple times. However, I have a little bit of a plan which is that there is a half marathon in my town in September and if I lose just 2 lb a month between now and then I will be only just above my goal weight for the half marathon - and I'll be about the same weight as I was when I did my half marathon a couple of years ago where I was at a very nice comfortable running weight. Assuming I go back to the office in June (which seems most likely), I'll also be c. 5lb lighter when I start interacting with humans again so I can wear the nice office clothes that I bought a while ago and have literally never worn!

I'm glad to see that everyone is healthy and well, or as well as possible given these difficult times we are all in. Also glad to see that many people have had their first and even second jabs! I had my first jab two weeks ago, although I'm only 34 I have asthma so was bumped up the list. I'm very grateful for that, feel very lucky, and it makes me feel much more comfortable about taking up the opportunities that will be opening up soon (like going to the pub, which will be possible in 2 weeks! :-) )

Will try to keep checking in, hopefully a bit more regularly - I'm going to be honest and say I probably won't be posting goals every day but I will try to check in more often than I have been doing! I might do what Bex and others have done in the past and not worry about posting goals but just participate in the general chat/ reply to others.

Love to all x
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    Lovely to hear from you @bookmeister86

JFT Saturday 27th

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes, even though I had a small pizza!
    Back exercises no
    Walk and/or garden (still cold and windy) did both, 40 min walk and moved a lot of stones in garden
    Limit online time (going to write it like that rather than a ban as I like to read at lunchtime) yes

JFT Sunday 28th, I will keep making the effort, I will not give up. Even though I might feel like it, I've been well under maintenance all week but the scales have not shifted, so disheartening. It's got to work eventually, right?

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Sunday Mar 28
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@ZizzyBumble - I personally was just too enraptured with my Grandchildren yesterday.

@bookmeister86 - it’s so nice to see you.
    I worked throughout this whole mess in LTC so very stressful work days but this describes my weekends perfectly.
    Then in the weekends, I am more relaxed but often fall into a bit of a void of lethargy and depression at the vast amount of time stretching ahead of me with little of any meaning or enjoyment to fill it with (I'm probably catastrophising there but it's how it feels). I don't tend to feel like communicating when I'm in either of those moods.

I am off to get some groceries and then have to do some online training for work.

Have a great day
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    So I didn't think of an exchange goal for exercise yet. Today was the last day of an apple watch challenge I did with my sisters. I ended up going on a suuuuuper long walk (5 miles!) to hopefully win the challenge. Suffice to say I am beat. The upside was that I built up a buffer enough to get Culvers for dinner :) I do want to keep my goal of finding an alternate goal for rest days. Long term I think exercising about 4 days a week on average will be sustainable. So I'm keeping that goal for now. G'night all!

JFT Sunday:
    80 oz water βœ…
    stay in the green βœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ❌
    30 minutes exercise βœ…
    screens off 8:30 βœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT βœ…

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
    Think of goals to swap out for exercise rest days
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited March 2021
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€
    πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀 MARCH 🐀πŸ₯πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›
    πŸ€πŸ›πŸŒ·πŸ¦†πŸ₯🐀🐸πŸ₯πŸ€πŸ¦†πŸŒ·πŸ›πŸ€

πŸ”ΉWord - Balance
    πŸ”ΉI am in tune with my dreams
    πŸ”ΉI know what is right for me
    πŸ”ΉI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

πŸ”ΉI live in congruence with my authentic self
    πŸ”ΉI am mindful
    πŸ”ΉI am creative every day
    πŸ”ΉI foster positivity
    πŸ”ΉI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148βœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    March Daily Goals: Week: 4
    Mon: βœ… Tue: βœ… Wed: βœ… Thu: βœ… Fri: βœ… Sat: βœ… Sun: βœ…
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: βœ… 7/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: βœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 ⏬
    3. Increase Muscle%: βœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green βœ… 7/7
    5. Steps > 8000 βœ… 7/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyβœ… 7/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily βœ… 7/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Mon 29 March:
    • Meditation πŸŽ‰
    • Weigh/post weight πŸŽ‰
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry: fold/put away
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: read Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email πŸŽ‰
    • Daily goals updateπŸŽ‰

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§
    March:
    πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§πŸ’§

NLNS (7 March β€”->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 21

Good Morning, peeps. I’ve been behind for a few days, so apologies if I have missed anything.

Feeling introspective.

life marches forward
    impervious to all thoughts
    seize the moment now

do or do not act
    savour inactivity
    or assume control

exercise your rights
    be the captain of your ship
    plot and steer your course

We have all had a rough year. We cannot stop life happening to us but we can control how we choose to react to it. I’m grateful to be able to be here with all you inspirational people.

Terri πŸ¦„
  • littleblackskirt
    Monday again, the start of another week.

JFT Monday 29th March

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Walk (only if weather improves, still wet and windy)
    Some business admin
    Phone another roofer
    Gratitude
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited March 2021
    Drat! Ran out of edit time πŸ˜‚

@ZizzyBumble - That sounds like par for the course - jabwise. It's more or less what happened when I had 1st one.

@bookmeister86 - It's so good to see you posting again. You are not alone in how you feel. After what we have been through over the last year, it's a wonder we haven't all turned into raving loonies. Just remember that:
    • We are stronger than we think.
    • We adapt to whatever situation we find ourselves in.
    • It's perfectly normal to be feeling sick and tired of the whole bloody thing!!!

@littleblackskirt -

JFT Sunday 28th, I will keep making the effort, I will not give up. Even though I might feel like it, I've been well under maintenance all week but the scales have not shifted, so disheartening. It's got to work eventually, right?
    Good on ya!!! Don't let the scales rule your emotions. You have done a great job to get to maintenance, but this is when the real,hard work begins.

I've been at maintenance for over a year now. I have kept at it all through the Glitter of Covid. I have now set myself a maintenance range which allows me to overindulge if I want to do so. On the few occasions that I have done that, the weight only stays up for a few days, then pops back down again. I can live with that. πŸ˜‚

jjtk9vg1kr1h.jpg
    5o1c1a51tfw1.jpg

• littleblackskirt
    @TerriRichardson112 thank you for your encouragement.
    I think I didn't write my post clearly enough...I've been eating well under my maintenance calories every day, so expected to lose a little weight. Sadly I'm not at maintenance weight yet, I lost just over a stone last year but still need to lose another 21lbs.

I seem to be able to hold my weight steady, it's just not low enough :)

I shall keep trying and will not turn into a raving loony :)
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Sunday Great day. Monday morning weigh in is down 2.2# for the week

-Work out for 90 minutes: 103 minutes. 5 hours 11 minutes for the week including 2260#, 300 crunches, 60 push ups and 120 lunges. 8.15 miles of exercise walks. Off track mid week but got it together
    -1999 calories: 1838. 1908 average for the week. 20 days down

[For Monday, hit my 21 day <2000 calorie a day commitment

-Work out for 90 minutes. Busy day, make it happen.
    -1999 calories:

• TerriRichardson112
    @littleblackskirt - keeping your weight steady and being under calories for the week are good achievements too πŸ˜‚ and eventually will pay off.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Sunday 28 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

It’s been very quiet on here, I hope it’s because you are having busy and enjoyable weekends.

@snowflake1968. I’m pleased you had a good time with your grandchildren.

I’m guessing the β€œdislike” on the original post could have been a slip of the finger, but if I upset someone, please accept my apologies.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Monday 29 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ 😊

Today I need to tackle the laundry!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    JFT - Sunday Mar 28
    1.5L of water - 1.25 (I could have finished it, but then would have been up and down all night)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Monday Mar 29
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@jeschepp - I think there are a lot of challenges on MFP. I personally haven't joined any of them, but have heard about others that have. I hope you win!

@TerriRichardson112 - I like your introspective poem. It should be on a motivational poster.

@littleblackskirt - I noticed in 2018 when I was losing that there were lots of weeks that I didn't lose anything on the scale, but when I did my measurements it showed. The scale can be a nasty creature.

@ZizzyBumble - that dislike button is in the worse spot if anyone is on their phone scrolling through. I know I have caught myself hitting it inadvertently a few times. Luckily I caught them and changed it, but how many did I miss?

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    Had my second shot saturday ... and yesterday,and last nite, I felt awful. Terrible headache, ache all over, chills. I guess that tells me the shot is working. Funny.. I had zero reactions to the first. Hubby had reactions to the first shot, but feels nothing for the second!

My goals today will be simple again... another busy day. Hoping soon we can retire, but this week is just one of those weeks. I did get out friday and plant some canna bulbs.. just hope I'm not too early, but it was almost 80 on friday.

I've been listening to podcasts. I do well with food, only to sabatoge it and cave. The scale goes up, and it seems all I am doing is going in circles. Up 2, down 2, up, down. very frustrating... but not giving up.

Goals, JFT, Mon
    1. no nite time snacking
    2. 8+ water
    3. go out for a walk