Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

COVID19 - To Vaccinate or To Not Vaccinate

Replies

• pfeiferlindsey
    pfeiferlindsey Posts: 163 Member
    lokihen wrote: »
    Is this whole thread really 20 pages of indulging hobbitses333 and their bullsh8t? Don't you have anything better to do with your time, hobbitses?

A few interesting ideas were discussed until they came back and started back up with vaccine = poison. Personally, I think that should earn them a time-out from the forum.

100% agree.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    edited March 2021
    I just want my free donut. Someone never proves anything they say. This is a *kitten* show really. I can't believe MFP is allowing it to continue. Isn't it wrong to tell bulltwaddle about the virus online?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    lokihen wrote: »
    33gail33 wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    The story of one of the cases of death after the Astra vaccine is this: A military family man, 43 yrs old, in apparent good health, was vaccinated in the morning. He took his son to soccer practice as usual, and even played a bit with the boy. Late afternoon started to feel a little off, headache, etc., so took a Tylenol type tablet (as told to if there are light symptoms). During the night his wife said he suddenly felt awful and she called an ambulance. He died quickly.

Now, the story was told the day after by the widow on national TV. She said she was not against the vaccine, seemed very level-headed, but wanted to know what killed her husband. Now we still don't have the autopsy report--it was said it would take 2 weeks and now it's about that. The vaccinations were halted to stop panic. They needed more information to go forward. After a few days of study of the other cases, it was decided to proceed. I think they did the right thing, at least in Italy. It's a hard call.

And yes, I will get the vaccine when I'm up (my BIL is a doctor and after all he's seen, you don't want to take your chances with COVID). I will take any of the vaccines, AstraZeneca included.

People die unexpectedly, and when you have the whole world getting vaccinated at the same time, you're bound to have some of those unexpected deaths happen soon after but unrelated to the shot.

So there's good reason to think it was almost certainly unrelated, but you also want to err in the side of caution. But you also don't want to slow vaccination rates when dealing with a global pandemic. I do not envy the people who need to make these decisions!

Yep! Correlation or coincidence does not equal causation. Even when accounting for the *rare* or more dangerous types of clots, the incidence is still less than in the general population.

--Just because the correlation MIGHT NOT imply causation doesn't mean that it CAN'T imply causation. All that argument does is cast DOUBT upon the theory; not invalidate it. It doesn't actually disprove the theory. try doing some actual research beyond the remote control.

I find it very hard to believe that you do not know ANYONE that has gotten COVID. How did that go for them?

I have seen this coming for 30 years...You are free to beLIEve and do as you feel best for your own health,I deserve that same freedom and i will not let the government system that allows poison into our food chain and environment tell me what is healthy for me. I have had some good friends and coworkers "get it".. one had a headache, the other stuffy nose, and mild cough for a day while feeling tired..the other tested positive and... NOTHING except being jailed in their own home for 14 days while feeling absolutely fine. A friend of a friend's grandmother died from it apparently but we know the pcr test she was forced to take that made her nose bleed for hours when she arrived at the hospital to die all alone in a strange place is also faulty so we cannot rely on even that statistic.

I was a palliative and special unit care nurse and I know the precautions you are believing in do absolutely nothing for the prevention of the spread of disease. You need universal precautions with at least two barriers. You know about those?
    Wash up, glove up, fresh mask up, gown up, pass the barrier.
    Wash up again, glove up, and gown up again, to enter patients barrier.
    Do what you need to, remove second layer of gloves leave patients barrier, remove second gown and place in special handle biohazard bag, wash up leave the room.
    Immediately remove the first layer of gown mask and gloves put into specially handled biohazard bags and wash up again. Not put sanitizer on and go anywhere with impunity touching everything while pushing a used pollution and bacteria collection farm up against your face repeatedly that has been sitting in your pocket and once saturated is soaking up every single thing you pass by and holding it all against your face.. that is a bunch of BS.

If the people you try to blame here are the ones who dont go to get tested or are not being traced back as vectors of transmission and whose parents still got hugs and visits and didnt get sick or die. Tell me exactly how are they the problem? I suggest its the people constantly thinking about covid, getting tested, running around misusing medical devices with a touch every three seconds during a conversation and actively killing their immune system with over sanitizing.

Without your obedience to what they say on tv and rampant misuse of masks, you would have no clue we were in the deadliest pandemic that after one year 99.9996% of the world has STILL not died from. Good luck with that. You are believing in the statements of known corrupt liars. I learned to stop trusting them long ago. Give'r!
    The story of one of the cases of death after the Astra vaccine is this: A military family man, 43 yrs old, in apparent good health, was vaccinated in the morning. He took his son to soccer practice as usual, and even played a bit with the boy. Late afternoon started to feel a little off, headache, etc., so took a Tylenol type tablet (as told to if there are light symptoms). During the night his wife said he suddenly felt awful and she called an ambulance. He died quickly.

Now, the story was told the day after by the widow on national TV. She said she was not against the vaccine, seemed very level-headed, but wanted to know what killed her husband. Now we still don't have the autopsy report--it was said it would take 2 weeks and now it's about that. The vaccinations were halted to stop panic. They needed more information to go forward. After a few days of study of the other cases, it was decided to proceed. I think they did the right thing, at least in Italy. It's a hard call.

And yes, I will get the vaccine when I'm up (my BIL is a doctor and after all he's seen, you don't want to take your chances with COVID). I will take any of the vaccines, AstraZeneca included.

People die unexpectedly, and when you have the whole world getting vaccinated at the same time, you're bound to have some of those unexpected deaths happen soon after but unrelated to the shot.

So there's good reason to think it was almost certainly unrelated, but you also want to err in the side of caution. But you also don't want to slow vaccination rates when dealing with a global pandemic. I do not envy the people who need to make these decisions!

Yep! Correlation or coincidence does not equal causation. Even when accounting for the *rare* or more dangerous types of clots, the incidence is still less than in the general population.

--Just because the correlation MIGHT NOT imply causation doesn't mean that it CAN'T imply causation. All that argument does is cast DOUBT upon the theory; not invalidate it. It doesn't actually disprove the theory. try doing some actual research beyond the remote control.

I find it very hard to believe that you do not know ANYONE that has gotten COVID. How did that go for them?

I have seen this coming for 30 years...You are free to beLIEve and do as you feel best for your own health,I deserve that same freedom and i will not let the government system that allows poison into our food chain and environment tell me what is healthy for me. I have had some good friends and coworkers "get it".. one had a headache, the other stuffy nose, and mild cough for a day while feeling tired..the other tested positive and... NOTHING except being jailed in their own home for 14 days while feeling absolutely fine. A friend of a friend's grandmother died from it apparently but we know the pcr test she was forced to take that made her nose bleed for hours when she arrived at the hospital to die all alone in a strange place is also faulty so we cannot rely on even that statistic.

I was a palliative and special unit care nurse and I know the precautions you are believing in do absolutely nothing for the prevention of the spread of disease. You need universal precautions with at least two barriers. You know about those?
    Do what you need to, remove second layer of gloves leave patients barrier, remove second gown and place in special handle biohazard bag, wash up leave the room.
    Immediately remove the first layer of gown mask and gloves put into specially handled biohazard bags and wash up again. Not put sanitizer on and go anywhere with impunity touching everything while pushing a used pollution and bacteria collection farm up against your face repeatedly that has been sitting in your pocket and once saturated is soaking up every single thing you pass by and holding it all against your face.. that is a bunch of BS.

If the people you try to blame here are the ones who dont go to get tested or are not being traced back as vectors of transmission and whose parents still got hugs and visits and didnt get sick or die. Tell me exactly how are they the problem? I suggest its the people constantly thinking about covid, getting tested, running around misusing medical devices with a touch every three seconds during a conversation and actively killing their immune system with over sanitizing.

Without your obedience to what they say on tv and rampant misuse of masks, you would have no clue we were in the deadliest pandemic that after one year 99.9996% of the world has STILL not died from. Good luck with that. You are believing in the statements of known corrupt liars. I learned to stop trusting them long ago. Give'r!

Omg you are a nurse? That is *kitten* terrifying.

And she saw this coming as a 15 year old.

So, poster is 30 years old then?

and she says "I left health care back a few decades ago "

not getting how that would even be possible

At any rate at least we know she is not currently in any health or nursing position - which is good to know.

and just as well she isnt in Australia - one can lose one's nursing registration for posting medical misinformation on social media.

PS: do I win? I have really worked in nursing , most of it in primary care, for decades - the maths does add up in my case - going from starting as a student at age 17 to now at age 57

Actually her profile says she was 45 yrs old in 2018.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

Very interesting. This is an exercise in trying to understand who is against the vaccine for COVID and why.
This discussion has been closed.