Tues - 12,523
    Wed - 14,633
    Thu - 13,907
    Fr I- 12,327
    Sat - 15,127

A good week for walks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm can I please change my weigh in days to Sunday?

You got it!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 5,317
    Mon- 9,950
    Tues- 10,878
    Wed- 7,964
    Thurs- 9,285
    Fri- 9,538
    Sat- 3,974
  • ljdanny
    I just typed a big long post and it disappeared, ugh. Hi, and welcome new team members. I'm Tracy from new Hampshire. I'll be 49 (yikes) on Sunday. I have 2 boys 26 and 23 and 2 granddaughters 17 and 13 months. I have lost weight years ago and gained most of it back now I just gain and lose the same couple pounds. I am going to try start getting back up at 400 am tomorrow, we will see how that goes. My lunchbox is all packed. Hoping this time around goes well.

@CassieGetsFit2013 start small with meal prepping. I just do a day or 2 at a time. I find if I do too many days I become overwhelmed or dont want to eat that food towards the end of the week. If you like reese's peanut cups you can make protein balls, they are healthy and delicious.

@pizzafruit I am the same way.

@podperson1 my granddaughter is 17 months she loves to dance so she does burn some energy there along with her running, lol. I dont think I would be able to do a video with her, I do head down to the basement though when i have the energy to get it done. I just have to be more consistent.
  • cldvermont
    cldvermont Posts: 9 Member
    Hi All! Chelsea from Vermont here. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all as we go on this journey together. I work in public health and have a 2 year old special needs son who keeps me busy. I’m making my health a priority this year and am working out at the gym to try to manage my stress from work, however, I’m still struggling with emotional and stress eating. I’m working on it, though.

Username: cldvermont
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    SW (and current weight): 182.2
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited March 2021
    Just_Kisha wrote: »
    Aloha. I am not sure how to @ people yet to respond but I am reading your posts.

:smiley:

@Just_Kisha

If you're talking about how we link to people's names, you just type "@" and then their username. (e.g. Tagging me is @minstrelofsarcasm)

If you're talking about quoting entire posts and responding that way, click on "Quote" at the bottom of their posts. That will copy their post into the text box at the bottom of the page, inside of code blocks. You can write your response either before the first code block, or after the last code block. If you write anywhere inside of the code blocks, it will appear in the quoted text, just like the smiley face I added above.

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

Shiny new thread :)

So, I'm Shelli, I live in Edinburgh, Scotland with my best friend/flatmate and my kitties. I've struggled with my weight most of my life, have yo-yo-ed up and down and tried pretty much every fad diet out there. I'm the poster child for unhealthy living - have a junk food addiction and hate exercise lol! I hit my highest weight of around 210lbs at the end of 2019 and joined MFP in Feb 2020. I got down to the mid-170s last summer but have crept back up again and now in the 180s so really wanting to start going back in the right direction.

I've been pretty good this week. Calories have been mostly on track, exercise could def be better. Went for a decent walk yesterday but the weather here has been tempermental so some days I've just stayed in. I do zoom zumba a couple of times a week and my instructor has just started doing outdoor lessons in line with new lockdown easings, so am going to try and go along to one - they had the first ones on Sunday and apparently it was fun but they were nearly blown away with the winds :D

Hope everyone has a good start to the week x
  • moamb
    moamb Posts: 9 Member
    moamb
    weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 144.6
    CW: 141.6
    (highest weight 153)
  • moamb
    moamb Posts: 9 Member
    @pizzafruit--I read your post and can relate. Have you ever read The Beck Diet Solution? I just started it, so I can't speak to it's long-term effectiveness, but it's not a diet--it's about using cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to change how you think about eating (and yourself). I'm only two weeks in (the book outlines a 6 week program), but it has really resonated with me. Maybe others in the group have experience with it. So far, for me, it's been a really different approach. As someone who has been on an off diets for over 35 years, I'm cautiously optimistic. I got the book used on Amazon.
  • Just_Kisha
    Just_Kisha Posts: 189 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing your story.

@vvlucky Thank you for sharing your story. I wish you all the best on your journey.
  • ljdanny
    I managed to get up at 4am and did 2 ifit walking videos. My husband said he was a little worried and didnt think I was gunna do it, also said he thinks I got up out of spite. I told him if I dont do it in the morning it just doesn't seem to get done. My lunchbox is all packed for tomorrow, it helps that I had to pack my granddaughters lunch. I am going over a little in calories but it goes into my exercise calories that I dont log. I do have to get a little better about that. I have logged my food the last 2 days so big plus there. I am having a little rest before my granddaughter gets here. I haven't seen her for a few days, I miss her running around, she wasnt at school today so I didn't get to go bug her classroom. I'm sure her teacher was happy, lol.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    @lennoncpa - best Sunny picture yet. He looks like he is ready to go for a walk with you.
This discussion has been closed.