75HARD

Hey MFP, I’m starting 75HARD on Wednesday.

Just wondering if anyone else has done it and how it went?

Cheers,

L
Iain

Replies

• i_fraser11
    i_fraser11 Posts: 35 Member
    I do the reading part of it every day. Does that count?

Haha. Love it!😅
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I do the diet part. Because I eat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My life is hard enough as it is :#
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    sardelsa wrote: »
    My life is hard enough as it is :#

Right!

#parenting
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited March 2021
    No audiobooks? Nope. And the drinking of a gallon of water? Nope
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Yes, I started yesterday.
    You can add me as a friend if you want, for accountability.
  • dharbolt
    dharbolt Posts: 15 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Sorry :smiley: This challenge is a bit too random, and partially also unhealthy. Drinking a gallon of water is too much and might flush out important electrolytes. 2x sport per day? Most people won't manage without getting injured. And starting again if you had one M&M? That's just a bit silly. In my opinion of course.

This is not entirely true. I drink a gallon or more of water daily and have for years. if you work and sweat you need to do so... maybe not if you are sedentary all day, but everyone has different needs
  • happyness4me
    happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
    Is it 90 minutes of exercise every day or are there rest days built in?
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member

The way I read the program is 90 minutes per day, 7 days a week.
  • i_fraser11

Yes, one of your workouts has to be outside and can be a walk. So 45mins of walking and 45mins of bodyweight exercises or stretching/core or lifting.

You wouldn’t lift 7 days a week.

• happyness4me
    happyness4me Posts: 58 Member
    i_fraser11 wrote: »

Yes, one of your workouts has to be outside and can be a walk. So 45mins of walking and 45mins of bodyweight exercises or stretching/core or lifting.

You wouldn’t lift 7 days a week.

Hmm interesting, I can't do that with my schedule but I'm on my feet all day at work.
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    I did it. there were a few days I asked myself why.. but overall I gained some great habits. My outside workout was walking every day, that taught me not to make excuses about weather or planning and I listened to some great podcasts, and my dog was super happy. My second workout was weights, yoga, or YouTube videos. I was not there to get injured, that's for sure. The avoiding sugar and alcohol was very helpful, I had gotten in a bad habit of having a drink every night after dinner that I needed to break. Having a time limit on it (75 days) gave me a target to strive for and feel like it wouldn't last forever. I already read and drink water, some of my water went in my protein shake, and hot tea, coffee ,and green powder. so it didn't seem like too much after the first few days. I stuck to my diet which was IIFYM so that was flexible. I had a couple of sugar free treats that fit. strangely the worst part was taking the pics. I hate pictures of myself, but doing it every day made me get over it and focus on the positive as time went by. I needed a reset, because I felt I had lost my mojo and I liked the mentality of me vs myself in order to get my self respect back. So if you need a kick in the pants and some consistency I don't think it's a bad thing to do. it doesn't have to be CRAZY like everyone makes it out to be.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I read about it. The rules were random and there is no ability to customize for your own lifestyle and preferences, which I consider to be important for any weight management or fitness program.
  • i_fraser11
    I read about it. The rules were random and there is no ability to customize for your own lifestyle and preferences, which I consider to be important for any weight management or fitness program.

You don’t have to stick to it rigidly. I’m taking the concept and outline but making it my own.