Exercise —> Extra Daily Calories

JMGraydee18
JMGraydee18 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
Can I “earn” extra daily calories, based on the calories I burn with activities. Is that a setting?
I’m already syncing via my Apple Watch. That’s working.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    That's the default way that MFP works -- you actually need premium to turn this OFF.

You can choose to log your activities manually or -- if you have a device that is capable of syncing -- you can receive calorie adjustments.

One thing to note is that depending on how accurate your calorie burn estimates are, you may have to adjust the percentage of calories you're eating back. While some people find they can eat back 100% of the exercise calorie burn estimates, some eat back more or less based on their real life results.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    Purposeful exercise - you go to the Exercise tab and enter it, then it automatically adjusts your calorie goal to account for that added calorie need.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,105 Member
    Considering your other thread (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828674/steps-calorie-adjustment#latest), you have a synced device. So you should be getting extra calories, but perhaps your sync isn't working properly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    "Activity?" such as doing laundry or vacumming or other daily tasks such as showers, driving, being at your job or caring for kids is supposed to be accounted for in the Activity on your Goals page. The various levels of Activity allocate different amounts of calories. You can go into Goals and play with it and see the differences, I think it's about a couple hundred per Activity Level for women.

Only purposeful exercise would be added to the Exercise tab.