Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    @sarah12277 I understand completely - my husband says me and a buffet are like Godzilla and downtown Tokyo, lol. If I know I'll be eating buffet, I simply have a couple of pieces of fruit for the rest of the day, because I can't help myself. Good luck, and pay close attention to how full you're feeling. Pace yourself nice and slowly to let your satiety cues kick in.

@goal06082021 Really sorry you're in so much pain! While I've not had fasciitis, I broke my foot a year and a half ago, so I know how painful they are. From what I've read in the past, giving yourself time off to let it calm down is the best way forward. I hope the tennis ball works!
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @sarah12277
    Buffets are brutal!! I would just eat super light during the day and exercise so you can have more calories left over for dinner. At least that's what I do when I know I'm going to splurge a little bit. Also remember to enjoy yourself and don't punish yourself!

New week! I weighed in this morning after having pizza last night and I'm up 2 pounds!! I had just weighed in that morning, too. It's crazy how one day of high salt can change your day. I hadn't eaten much all day and didn't feel like cooking so we ordered pizza. I didn't go over by that much, I actually did pretty good. It was kind of a cheat meal for losing 2 pounds this week. I'll weigh in again tomorrow morning to see if I lose the water weight. I plan on being on track today!

I've had my dog for almost 3 months and oh man how he has changed my life. I am soooo much more active! I know walking probably isn't enough for exercise, but at least I get my heart rate up everyday. Going to go for another long walk today.

Have a good Monday!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @ladychr0nic
    Walking is great exercise... especially long walks with your dog. It gets your heart rate up, burns calories, you get fresh air and affection from your pup, and happy endorphins! You are doing great. Enjoy it!
  • ladychr0nic
    @Spotteddingo
    Thank you! I feel better now :) haha. I just see people post these high intensity work outs and I just feel inadequate. It's definitely nice getting fresh air, especially now that it's spring time.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Seconded, walking is perfectly cromulent exercise! Just, you know, don't be like me. Stretch and hydrate adequately. Be kind to your feets. Don't try to walk for an hour and a half all at once, LMAO.

The tennis ball has helped a lot, and my grandboss OK'd working from home the next couple of days so I don't have to worry about navigating stairs or trying to RICE/take pills/etc at work. The pain is also now localized just to the outer edge of my foot, instead of the whole sole as it was this morning. I feel much better tonight but I think I'll still take it easy; I want to do SOMETHING (so I can get my gold star for today, LOL), so maybe I'll do some upper-body-focused minigames on RingFit or a seated dumbbell workout.
  • ladychr0nic
    @Laughter_Girl
    Thats a huge NSV! So exciting! It feels so good when family notices, because they see you all the time so it's easier for it to go unnoticed. Thats awesome.

@BethCW2963
    I like that quote! Definitely what I needed to hear today.

@misplacedmama
    I like that saying too. I've never heard that before! What trainer do you follow?

I've had a salty past couple days so my weight is up. I'm hoping it's just water and with a couple healthier nights it'll level out. I stay within my calories but sometimes don't make the best choices. It's catching up to me. I'm not used to weighing in daily so it's definitely eye opening seeing the fluctuation. It helps keep me motivated tho!
    Fish tacos tonight for taco Tuesday. I found this yummy recipe and am excited to try it again. I'm really getting into cooking these days, and am having fun finding recipes online. I just recently renovated an old 70's house and have this new big kitchen to work with. I used to live in a 600 sq ft apartment which wasn't very motivating to cook in, so this new kitchen is helping!
    I'm also going for a big walk with my puppy and a friend today. Hopefully the weather holds out.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @BethCW2963 Love the quote, and hang in there. We don't gain a bunch of weight overnight and can't lose a bunch overnight either. It takes commitment, dedication, knowledge, discipline and determination. We've got this... even if some days are harder than others.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @misplacedmama Yes, there's always tomorrow.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @ladychr0nic It's Jordan Syatt on YouTube. Fair warning, he does curse. Another favorite trainer (or is the title now "coach"?) is Andrea Allen (deliciouslyfitnhealthy on Instagram). I love listening to her podcasts on Spotify ("Make It Simple").

Basically, I like experts that encourage growth mindset and discovering what's best for your own body and mentality. After years of trying and failing so many on-size-fits-all programs that were too restrictive and fed into my all-or-nothing mindset, I now gravitate toward trainers/coaches like these two. 😅
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen
    That is a great job!
  • goal06082021
    Yeah @VickyEltonGreen! Amazing progress this month!
  • ladychr0nic
    @misplacedmama
    Cool! I am now following that deliciouslyfitnhealthy. She looks like she has a cool page.

Nice progress ladies!! Wow March has been a great month!

I'm still a little up on the scale today. I'm wondering if my lowest weight was just a fluke or caught me at just the perfect time. I'm hoping to get back there.
    Do you guys eat your exercise calories? Ive been dipping into them especially when I have a super active day, and I'm wondering if that is holding back my progress.
  • goal06082021
    @ladychr0nic MFP's model assumes you will eat back your exercise calories, because the activity level is based on non-exercise activity and the budget it gives you has a deficit built in, and the deficit is all that is required for weight loss. The trick is estimating those exercise calories accurately, though - there's no real way to directly measure how many calories a person burns while exercising, it's all estimating and mathematical models based on your stats (height, weight, sex, and age). Many folks around here eat back 50-75% of the exercise calories they log and find that works for them. I would let go of the idea that it's "holding back your progress," though. It's not a race, the goal is not to yeet the fat off as fast as possible. If you want it to stay gone you gotta go slow.