What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• deminimis
    deminimis Posts: 47 Member
    Elliptical. That's all I've been doing. Coming up on nearly a month without serious strength training due to a shoulder problem. Saw a Dr last week and now know it's impingement (the likely result of my shoulder separation from back in '09). Happy it's not a tear. Doing band exercises to deal with the shoulder impingement issue. At least I have a plan now.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    deminimis wrote: »
    Elliptical. That's all I've been doing. Coming up on nearly a month without serious strength training due to a shoulder problem. Saw a Dr last week and now know it's impingement (the likely result of my shoulder separation from back in '09). Happy it's not a tear. Doing band exercises to deal with the shoulder impingement issue. At least I have a plan now.

Good deal: Progress! I had PT for impingement some time back (hadn't been able to do some exercises, such as DB pullovers, because even a very light weight would completely involuntarily drop out of my hand!). It was pretty effective. I modified some strength exercises going forward, but long run it wasn't a continuing problem in other ways. (I admit, I'm a lackadaisical strength trainer, unlike you. But I was able to resume most exercises, after PT, at the time.)

I hope you get an excellent outcome!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I went for a little walk in some coastal dunes, just 7km in total. Then realized that there's a garmin challenge to get 300k steps in March and I was ... still far from it. Increased my steps for today to 17200, and then decided this is all rubbish as I'm not going to walk 20k step circles for the rest of March. I'm a bit miffed anyway as it'll be stormy for the next two days and I really want to go out on runs. Which I can't in wind for reasons. Oh well.. it'll get better again.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2021
    I did a slightly longer walk than normal - 24 miles, at 52,000 steps. It took a while - just over 8 hours, so I slowed down a bit from normal.

• AnnPT77
    The usual bore-fest (for the audience; made me happy).

25' yoga/stretch.
    5.16mi trudge (at 3.4mph, can't really call it a walk . . . babying the knees, mostly).
    34' stationary bike, mostly easy pace, a little push at the end. (58% Z2, 14% Z3, 10% Z4 at the end before CD.)

HR graph from the bike, pretty hilarious, to me. Can you tell where I got bored, just wanted to be done? Where CD started? 😆

c43w5xvpd0bu.png
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    2ui89kylmeq2.jpeg
    Full body conditioning. 4 rounds, 45 seconds each w/ a 15 second “active rest” in between (which I mostly didn’t do because I needed the 15 seconds to try to catch my breath). No breaks. It was great. And horrible.
  • ZNnerissa
    ZNnerissa Posts: 26 Member
    Shoulders and Abs today. Dumbbell Military Press, Front Raise, Side Raise, Rear flies, Vsits, lying leg raise, russian twists and plank. May do some cardio later this afternoon.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg Press
    Step ups
    Machine chest press
    Seated rows
    Dumbbell shoulder press

... And the gyms have closed here again as of Monday, so last workout at the gym for a while.
  • KelBlundell
    KelBlundell Posts: 47 Member
    Cycling - 45 minutes
    Weights - 30 min 3 sets of 8 reps plus pushups/lunges etc
    Pilates 30 min

Pretty mundane day
  • AnnPT77
    Same-y, same-y.

25' yoga/stretch.
    5361m machine rowing, as 2k, 2k, 500, increasing pace today, but short of max effort throughout. 2:33.2 @ 20, 2:27.6 @ 20, 2:16.3 @ 24 (on the 500m). Hit 70% HRreserve then Z4 midway through the 2nd 2k, peaked around 85% on the 500, most of which was Z4.

Tomorrow is my regular rest day, planning to do just the yoga/stretch.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited March 2021
    I over- slept, causing me to miss yoga at 10 a.m.

I hangboarded. This went pretty well, although my hang off the 12mm ledge wasn't for very long - around 5 seconds average.

I then did some finger curls, working up to 60kgs. I followed this with upper body lifts, doing:
    - 3 sets of 7, bodyweight dips on rings
    - 3 10-second l-sits
    - Military press, working up to 2 sets of 2, 40 kgs
    - Bench, working up to 3 sets of 3, 60 kgs.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    35 minutes on the rower, then another 35 on the LateralX today.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Modified my normal weekend a bit to soften impact on a sore heel.
    Normal 1:05:00 bike session on Friday, but skipped the 20 min transition run.
    Saturday 1:35:00 bike ride, again skipped the 25min transition run.
    Yesterday morning was 75 minute easy trail run done as a run/walk. In the afternoon, I did a longer swim workout that included a timed "one mile" swim (64 lengths) as part of the 2600yd session.
    Rest day today - yoga, foam rolling and lacrosse ball rolling.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Upper body session today. My goal is to build muscle, and I am following the PHUL program, adding in a couple of extra sets as I was not feeling very sore previously. I am still concerned that I am not stimulating enough for muscle growth, so I will add in a leg day.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    edited March 2021
    Warm-up...
    Yoga (15m)

Workout...
    Handstand Wall Hold - 6x20s (2m)
    Pull-ups - 3-6-9-3-6-6r (33r)
    Ring Dips - 6x3r (18)
    Jumprope - 6x1m (6m)
    Hollow Body Leg Lifts - 6x10r (60r)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited March 2021
    30 minutes/20 SR (stroke rate) average on the rower, then another 22 minutes on the AD Pro (Assault Bike) -- it's an odd number but wanted to be done by 1 PM. Started out a bit too hard on the rower -- got up to 80% max on HR. One of those things that doesn't feel like it's bad that day until tomorrow when I have a hard day. It will likely show up then. Have a 1K timed test tomorrow. Should be interesting.

At my best, I wasn't very good at these (around a 3:39 is my best). I'll just try to get close to 4:00 tomorrow.
  • garfinkel5
    garfinkel5 Posts: 6 Member
    75 minutes rowing on the riverat 5:30 am. High wind, elevated river flow, challenging conditions. 623 calories, bliss
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Rowing 10 secs on (hard) 20 secs off x 20
  • AnnPT77
    About 30' yoga, stretching, and a bit of foam rolling.
    5.5mi walk at 3.6mph, slow: Knees, especially the left, just hanging out on the edge between OK and not-OK.
    About 34' stationary bike, pretty easy pace.
    garfinkel5 wrote: »
    75 minutes rowing on the riverat 5:30 am. High wind, elevated river flow, challenging conditions. 623 calories, bliss

@garfinkel5, I have serious river envy. Ours has thawed, but is still really cold. I'm a little conservative about water temps, generally. On top of that, in early Fall (2020) we did a rescue of a flipped single from my double, rower couldn't get back in, so we ended up towing him (draped over the stern of the double) and his shell (alongside).

It went fine, but if the water had been cold, I'm not sure it would've been fine. Then, the Iowa crew club incident this week. 😬 One dead, one missing long enough that almost certainly dead 😢, no safety launch, which is how our tiny club rows, too. I usually shepherd some singles, half-a**ed safety boating from the double. I'm not there yet, at current water temps.

Hoping to feel good about being on the water soon, good odds I'll sneak out in a double (better: quad) before encouraging any of the newer rowers in singles. Warmer water is coming.

Enjoy your rows, glad you have conditions you find OK to be out!