Accountability buddy

Replies

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @beshamama
    Thanks!
    Also I really like your idea of buying something for yourself. I lost 7.4 pounds this month so I think I deserve to buy something too!

I hope everyone had a good weekend :)
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    edited March 2021
    Weekend was pretty good over here. It was my Bday weekend so I didn’t meet my food goals, but I wasn’t too far off. 😏 (Birthday calories don’t count, right?! 😜)

I got 2 good workouts in so I’m considering it a win!! Starting back strong again tomorrow.

@beshamama I had a hard time getting started on my bike trainer. I don’t do good staying still... 30 min feels like 3 hrs!! I don’t do well on a treadmill either. Over time though, I’ve come to enjoy it.
    My hubby rides 150 miles a week on his road bike and the trainer!! 😳 I don’t know how he does it.
  • jessphill2020
    jessphill2020 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m a 35 year old female, 160 lbs. I’m new to this app and I was wondering if anyone is available to add as friends. I need accountability buddies. This isn’t my first time trying to lose weight using an app, but I think the longest I’ve stuck with it was one month. I usually gain all the weight back and then some. I want to lose 20 lbs so I can be at a healthy BMI before trying for a family. If anyone is available I would appreciate it so much! 🙏💪
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Happy Monday all!!!

@ladychr0nic we have 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. Love them to absolute pieces, and doftraining is one of my passions!!! :)

@beshamama that's really hard, in-laws can be a nightmare!!! My ex husbands parents were quite overbearing, but luckily my now husbands parents are a dream!!! I hope you cope okay with having them closer:)

@lrw327 birthday calories certainly don't count! :) happy Birthday!!! :)

@jessphill2020 welcome!! We post our goals and progress in this group as often as is right for us.... feel free to join us here! Where about in the world are you???? Xxx

Okay, so me..... I really need to give myself a kick up the bum. I weighed this morning and I'm back up to 152lb. I had got down to 141lb. I looked at my stats from when I was this weight last year and worked out that I should be able to get back down to that weight by 21st June. I've chosen that date as It is when all restrictions in the UK are meant to be lifted, so I should be able to see people properly by then....but also as its Midsummer's Day and that feels like a nice target to aim for :)
    I was really hoping to be able to maintain without tracking every calorie...which was working when I was spending ALL my money on the gym...but now I'm not doing that and I need to self motivate I have slipped. So, accountability buddies.... check my diary for Me occasionally occasionally yell if I'm not tracking? Or...if all I am tracking is chocolate!!! ;) also...if no exercise calories are showing as that means I'm being lazy too!!!! Please help me!! Xx
  • jessphill2020
    @kiay131982 thank you! I’m from Southern California. I’m looking forward to checking-in with you guys. I’m still navigating the app.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    kiay131982 wrote: »
    Happy Monday all!!!

@ladychr0nic we have 2 Portuguese Water Dogs. Love them to absolute pieces, and doftraining is one of my passions!!! :)

@beshamama that's really hard, in-laws can be a nightmare!!! My ex husbands parents were quite overbearing, but luckily my now husbands parents are a dream!!! I hope you cope okay with having them closer:)

@lrw327 birthday calories certainly don't count! :) happy Birthday!!! :)

@jessphill2020 welcome!! We post our goals and progress in this group as often as is right for us.... feel free to join us here! Where about in the world are you???? Xxx

Okay, so me..... I really need to give myself a kick up the bum. I weighed this morning and I'm back up to 152lb. I had got down to 141lb. I looked at my stats from when I was this weight last year and worked out that I should be able to get back down to that weight by 21st June. I've chosen that date as It is when all restrictions in the UK are meant to be lifted, so I should be able to see people properly by then....but also as its Midsummer's Day and that feels like a nice target to aim for :)
    I was really hoping to be able to maintain without tracking every calorie...which was working when I was spending ALL my money on the gym...but now I'm not doing that and I need to self motivate I have slipped. So, accountability buddies.... check my diary for Me occasionally occasionally yell if I'm not tracking? Or...if all I am tracking is chocolate!!! ;) also...if no exercise calories are showing as that means I'm being lazy too!!!! Please help me!! Xx

21st June sounds good to me. I will check your diary in the evenings! 😊
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    @jessphill2020 Welcome to the group. I have added you.

So weekend for me is just another normal day really but I did go over calories Friday so I'm extra tracking and watching my calories the next few days before weigh in on Thursday. If I haven't lost any weight on Thursday I will go back to weighing daily because daily I see a trend going downwards but once a week I might just be weighing in the wrong day and it may be higher. Have a good week everyone ❤️
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @jessphill2020
    Welcome to the group! I added you :)

@roz0810
    I started weighing in daily and it's an eye opener. It's crazy how much your weight fluctuates based on what your eating. I had pizza last night for dinner and in one day I was up 2 pounds!! I'll recheck it again tomorrow but still!!

@kiay131982
    June sounds like a great goal. The UK is lifting COVID restrictions? Lucky! We finally got the go ahead to see up to 10 people as long as we're outside. Still not allowed to see anyone indoors. I'm from BC, Canada. I work in the hospital and COVID has just become part of the daily routine now, we see so much of it. I remember at the beginning everyone was freaking out but now things have changed.

This is a new week, and I'm feeling really motivated. These message threads I think are the key! All you ladies are awesome. I lost 7.4 pounds in March, and I'm pretty happy about it!

Happy Monday!
  • KKrushing
    KKrushing Posts: 2 Member
    I'm interested in joining this group for some accountability as well if possible!! Is it just as easy as connecting through the Friends portion of this website? Happy to add any interested in sharing the journey!!
  • lrw327
    lrw327 Posts: 73 Member
    @KKrushing Added you as friend and noticed I'm just up the road from you in New Braunfels!!
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Good afternoon! One of my goals is finding people who are on the same mission as me. I have been searching through some of the threads and you all seem to fit that category so I am jumping in! I am 41 and have been on a roller coaster of a weight loss journey ever since having my first child about 19 years ago. The last few years I have been spiraling out of control. I am looking for motivation and accountability. I am starting out with small steps, just tracking my food to stay within my calorie goal (macros will come later) and getting up and moving for at least 30 minutes a day. If I do more, that is fine, but I don't want to overwhelm myself and give up like I have in the past. While I have at least 60 pounds to lose, mostly I just want to feel comfortable and healthy. Feel free to add me, as I want to celebrate your accomplishments too!
  • KKrushing
    KKrushing Posts: 2 Member
    @lrw327 That's awesome!!
  • jessphill2020
    Good afternoon! One of my goals is finding people who are on the same mission as me. I have been searching through some of the threads and you all seem to fit that category so I am jumping in! I am 41 and have been on a roller coaster of a weight loss journey ever since having my first child about 19 years ago. The last few years I have been spiraling out of control. I am looking for motivation and accountability. I am starting out with small steps, just tracking my food to stay within my calorie goal (macros will come later) and getting up and moving for at least 30 minutes a day. If I do more, that is fine, but I don't want to overwhelm myself and give up like I have in the past. While I have at least 60 pounds to lose, mostly I just want to feel comfortable and healthy. Feel free to add me, as I want to celebrate your accomplishments too!

I was the same way. There are so many discussions and groups. And when I saw this one, it seemed to fit what I was looking for. I’ve been spiraling, too. It’s easy for me to not notice weight gain until I jump on the scale! My pants fit a little tighter but I usually buy stretchy jeans so when it’s not uncomfortable I don’t notice I put on 10 more lbs. Let’s celebrate our accomplishments together!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited March 2021
    It was so uplifting to see all the activity on this ‘Accountability buddy’ thread. Welcome @KKrushing, @jessphill2020, and @drollings2019!!

@ladychr0nic - I’d like to join in gushing over the adorable dog and puppy pictures 🥰 ... They have such a soothing affect on me. Thanks for sharing your positive puppy energy with us!

@beshamama - Speaking of puppies, you’ve got a built in way to excuse yourself from in-laws who make unkind comments ... “I think the dogs need a walk. I’m sure you’ll enjoy some special time with your son and the girls” 😚 ... and you can say whatever you’re feeling to the dogs without any worry of the ill effects. They’re such good listeners!

I can definitely understand the need to create some boundaries as a buffer - based on your past experiences - so you can keep your relationships intact without risking too much hurt. Due to the closer proximity, maybe your husband can initiate some regular routine with them and minimize your interaction time as a whole group. That way, it’ll be easier to manage the fewer times you see them and you can have some prepared responses ready in case they cross the line to unkind territory. I’m sure you’ll handle it well and it’s good that your close-knit family is also nearby for support.

@lrw327 - Happy Birthday! Congratulations for managing to stay on track while celebrating! One day is certainly not going to set a trend -and we have to make this new lifestyle work for us ‘in real life’ - so it sounds as though you achieved the perfect balance. 🎉💕🎉

@kiay131982 - Mid-summer does have a nice feel to it. My goal is to lose 2-3 pounds so that I fall within my maintenance target range (125-131) by my birthday in July. I know that seems like a long time but the last few pounds take a long time so I don’t want to set myself up for disappointment.

@jessphill2020 - I started on MFP, weighing about 165 pounds, and the most rewarding feeling came for me when I moved into the healthy BMI range. It felt as though I hovered at 150 forever but the downward trend continues, albeit slowly. In the end, I think it helps sustain the result but we’ll see ... that’s my story and I’m sticking to it for now!

@roz0810 & @ladychr0nic - I also weigh myself just about every day, in the morning when I first get up, just to get a general sense of the day. I chart my progress based on the weekly ‘weigh in day’ number and don’t add a new number into the app measurement until I see the lower result over three data points, either that same week or over several weeks. I fluctuate up and down about 2-4 pounds throughout the week but there’s incremental loss over time. Like @kiay131982, I’m hoping to maintain a healthy BMI in the middle of the normal range (125-131) for my height of 5’4” (~162.5cm) without having to track every calorie. I’ll need to build up some practice at the maintenance level first though .... So, I think it will take until the end of 2021 to feel comfortable without relying on MFP for logging. We’ll see how it goes ...

@KKrushing - You might want to bookmark this particular thread by selecting the star ⭐️ symbol at the top of the page so it’s easy to find again. Many of the posts have the same name. I jumped into the conversation on this thread about a year ago and it’s helped me reflect, learn and improve my habits tremendously. My sons are similar ages (19 and 20), @drollings2019. Now that they’re grown, I’ve found more time to concentrate on my health. Making small changes - that turn into habits with some repetition, practice, tweaks ... and more practice 😅 - has worked well in the long run. Slowly, but surely, we’ll get there together!

I went a little over calories this weekend, but did lots of decluttering, so I feel as though it was time well-spent. If I had shopped and planned better, I may have stayed within my calorie range but, ultimately, I think I advanced in both areas. Maybe some of those ‘light cleaning’ calories will lead to a loss on the scale? ... Best wishes to all of you in the coming week! Go get those goals! 🤩 ⭐️ 🤩
  • Intimidator
    Intimidator Posts: 20 Member
    I am looking for an accountable partner... Working from home is very difficult when it comes to eating healthier and exercising... I could use some encouraging words and tips... Thank you
  • jessphill2020
    I am looking for an accountable partner... Working from home is very difficult when it comes to eating healthier and exercising... I could use some encouraging words and tips... Thank you

It’s hard to get moving and eat healthy when you work from home. I work in an office and I find it difficult getting steps in. I sit for long periods of time. I try to walk in place during breaks. Anything to get my heart beat up during long hours of sitting. Good luck!!
  • drollings2019
    edited March 2021

I understand how hard it is to be healthy and work from home. I thought it was going to be easy, but it wasn't at all! I just tried to take a break in the morning and the afternoon where I just walked outside for a few minutes. I wish I had been more consistent with it! And I set my office up as far away from the kitchen as possible! Good luck!
  • kiay131982
    kiay131982 Posts: 217 Member
    Morning all!

@ladychr0nic in the UK at the moment, as of yesterday we are allowed to meet 6 people outdoors. But they think (hope) by June all restrictions will be lifted. So that's where I am aiming for. If I'm honest, I know I can do it quicker than that, but I don't want to set myself up for a failure :)

Welcome @KKrushing @drollings2019 and @jessphill2020 ! Feel free to add me as a friend... but mostly we use this group to support and chat :)

@Intimidator I have worked from home for 5 years now...and I love it!! I can get up and walk around frequently. I am on the phone alot...so I tend to stand up and walk on the phone. As for food.... planning is your friend. Know what food you can eat for the day, include some snacks you can mindlessly pick up ( carrot sticks are great). If you need to set it all out for yourself like you would a lunchbox for work...then do that. Then use your usual commute time to work out :) you've got this!!!

@PatriceFitnessPal you are the same height as me...but since I had kids each one has put a bit of weight on me that I have never been able to shift! When I was seriously ill will gastro stuff for a year and the docs thought I had IBD and literally NOTHING was staying in... the lowest weight I got to was 137. And as soon as I was able to eat it went straight back up. I would love to hit 131!!! Long term goals!! :) how is the decluttering going??

I stepped up my workout intensity yesterday, 100 Box step ups, 50 burpees and then a 5k run. Strength class this morning. I am.fully strapping myself to this wagon....I WILL NOT FALL OFF!!

:)
  • drollings2019
    kiay131982 wrote: »

I stepped up my workout intensity yesterday, 100 Box step ups, 50 burpees and then a 5k run. Strength class this morning. I am.fully strapping myself to this wagon....I WILL NOT FALL OFF!!

I was happy I got my 3 miles of walking in :) , but this is inspiration!! Great Job!!
  • BenCHarrison1981
    BenCHarrison1981 Posts: 18 Member
    Fell off the rails again, after losing loads of weight 2-3 years ago (5.5 Stone), I've now put about 1.8 stone on during the lockdowns, really sick of it and need to sort my *kitten* out, I'm looking for some accountability and motivation buddies please to help me through this willing to give it back with any other kind of support needed! Would

Anybody be interested? I'm 39 Male from UK, Hobbies including MTB, SKateboarding, Jump Rope, Gym, Weight Training, Reading and Music.