20 pounds to lose challenge April 1-July 31

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828578/20-pounds-to-lose-challenge-april-1-july-31/p1?new=1

Here's the new thread for the next 16 weeks - 20 pounds to lose challenge. All are welcome!
  • klilev
    klilev Posts: 87 Member
    I would like to join! My goals are to:

Lose 20 lbs
    Follow my workput plan every day
    Track every day
    Run a 10k in June
    Hike a 14er before end of July
  • makinica
    makinica Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm in too. Let's try to make this weight journey a bit more fun. :)

SW: 75.1kg
    GW: 68 kg
    CW: 75.1kg

My goals:
    Track food daily
    Walk 10k steps
    Starting gym 3x week in 10 days (recovering from covid, blah)
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Thank you for the challenge @RubyRed427

My goals are:

-Drop 1-1.5lbs a week
    - Walk 30 minutes per day
    - Log ALL calories
    - Stay within calories daily
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    I probably shouldn't, but I am doing a crash diet to jump start my weight loss again. I am drinking 2 of the new Keto Slim fast shakes, 1 for breakfast and 1 for dinner and having a sensible lunch and a snack if needed. The difference between regular Slim Fast and Keto is the Keto one has no sugar plus it has something called MCT oil which is supposed to help you lose weight. Will this work? IDK. I must say I have had slim fast in the past and am hungry again in an hour. Not today. We will see; it is day 1. Some articles on line say this MCT oil can cause, ahem..."intestinal distress". Ugh. Haven't had that yet either. Obviously I am not staying on this long term but will give it two weeks. I'll weigh in on Sunday and report my findings.

Good for you @JenT304 ! You’ll never know what works for you unless you try. The key is to try something. Good luck!
  • shnerb00
    shnerb00 Posts: 269 Member
    lperkins5 wrote: »

This group has helped me take my own advise, and I’ll share that later...but for now, If you all don't mind, I'd like to do some research, pros and cons... the question is, which is the best day to weigh-in and why, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

I love Monday’s for the fresh start but Fridays for having something to work toward all week. I find the weekdays the easiest to stay on track so I’m most likely to see progress at the end of the work week. Haven’t decided yet which day I’ll pick for this group ... leaning toward Friday.