MFP not sinking no matter what I do. Any advice?

1235»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    SweetW1ll wrote: »
    I'm having this same issue? Could this have something to do with daylight savings that just recently happened? I see in the official post about sync to make sure timezones are the same between fitbit & MFP. I just checked the settings for both & I have both as Eastern Time (US & Canada) but b/c it's currently DST FitBit says GMT-4 & MFP says GMT-5

That did cause me issues before. And whatever Fitbit server I was on showed the right time, but in the data MFP received it was the wrong timezone lacking DST.
    So time appeared corrected, but because of the actual mismatch data would not sync with with MFP.

Fitbit finally I guess did an audit of all their servers, or maybe my trouble ticket finally was worked on though unreplied to, and they fixed it.
  • jhudson892
    jhudson892 Posts: 63 Member
    Mine hasn't been able to sync since Saturday either. I will go with MFP being wonky, like that explanation. Been through this a ton of times before
  • Wolfy999
    Wolfy999 Posts: 12 Member
    As usual I can sync about once a day and that's it. Not much of a tool for weight loss like this!
  • SomeLouisvilleGuy
    SomeLouisvilleGuy Posts: 4 Member
    Having the same issue. If I disconnect FB and reconnect it syncs again, but not again.
  • Mary1352
    Mary1352 Posts: 1 Member
    Same issue for me with Versa Lite. I can't even disconnect Fitbit anymore, I click the button but nothing changes.
    So now Fitbit app doesn't see the food logs, and MFP can't see my steps.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    No dying for over a week now. Disconnecting does nothing.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Synching has been inconsistent for a few weeks now. Works fine for a few days, then won’t synch for a day, repeat.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056777832-2021-Messaging-Regarding-the-Status-of-our-Fitbit-Integration

As our members who use their MyFitnessPal account linked to Fitbit have been aware, we have had some sync interruptions in January and February of this year, and years past. Our team is working to make large scale plans to investigate and address the root of what is causing our Fitbit integration to get overwhelmed. This will be a long-term investigation that will continue throughout 2021.
  • mew6651
    mew6651 Posts: 1 Member
    I believe I saw a message from MFP that for the month of April they will be working on this ongoing FitBit problem "after hours".
  • tdhandy51
    tdhandy51 Posts: 27 Member
    There seems to be some sort of server issue causing this failure to sync with Fitbit. On occasion they will sync, almost like they are supposed to, but on other days they won't sync at all unless there is a forced connection of some kind. It is definitely on the server end though.
  • nickchristian3910
    nickchristian3910 Posts: 33 Member
    Even after the twenty-four hours, they talk about it does not seem to sync correctly. I do similar steps on two days running. The first day the sync is good. The next day no sync but it does it overnight. Yet the calories awarded is significantly different between the two days on virtually the same number of steps!
  • GlennMcMillan
    GlennMcMillan Posts: 36 Member
    I got so aggravated that I downloaded Pacer app, syncing by fitbit to it, and then syncing my Pacer app to MFP. So far so good.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,840 Member
    I stopped logging my food or anything on MFP, and am logging it on the Fitbit site/app instead. If MFP ever starts to sync with Fitbit again, I may come back.