• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise

Tracey – I was raised to be there for my family, too. I don’t know what happened to Denise. Jess at least calls us, but I haven’t heard from Denise in over 2 months. She doesn’t want us to come up for Memorial Day weekend. We’d like to spend an extra day with her. Would she take a day off from work to spend with us? I highly doubt it. I know why she doesn’t want us to come up Memorial Day weekend. She wants to go down the shore with Pete’s family. She told us that she has a commitment that weekend, she didn’t say what it was. So I told her we’d come up and babysit PJ. Still haven’t heard from her. I don’t know what I did wrong. It breaks my heart that she would prefer that we don’t see our grandchild. I’m having a real hard time changing my expectations.

What do I do if I can’t sleep? I watch some TV. Usually things on it at that hour of the morning are pretty boring.

Karen VA – I’m so sorry about your sister

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    nyefohj25yil.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    0vgtu8cku3ec.png

That's why I've retired and left work twice already. So incredibly glad I did. It was definitely the right choice.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 46sec, 3.03ap, 82ahr, 99mhr, 6.38mi= 623c
    Strava app = 773c
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) Sometime tomorrow you can expect to see the new thread for April.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Katla - My Mom was an only child, I think she was lonely a lot and really would have appreciated siblings when her parents passed. She was quite spoiled though and I think she enjoyed that. I once asked my Grandmother why they only had one. I was probably 13 and didn’t now how rude that was at the time. She told me she didn’t have patience for more.

Machka - I’m sure your chair has something to do with your hip and back pain. I think my mattress is contributing to my issues too.

Julie - I don’t know if there is an actual technical term for it, but she explained it to me using body motions. She sort of slouched down in a chair, sat more on her back than her butt. She said the most comfortable furniture, the kind you can sink into is the worse for our posture and in turn causes all sorts of issues.
    ulw3ygbzjl9k.png
    3nwx10etyt7x.png
    I think this is a good example, think of the one that is most comfortable and know it’s not the one you should have.

I don’t mind the ads when I’ve discussed something or looked it up, but I swear a few weeks ago I thought about something and it showed up as an ad. That freaked me out a bit.

Lisa - I just love your little sayings, “teach a pig to sing”. I can’t believe how fast this year is going either. I don’t ever want to wish my life away, but if it going faster makes us be able to visit each other again I’m all for it.

Annie - it’s difficult watching our parents health failing. My Mom refused to stop starting the wood stove, my brother took the matches out of the house. She was caught a week or so later lighting paper towel on the electric stove burner and carrying the lit paper towel about 14 feet to the wood stove. My brother ended up shutting the breaker to the electric stove off. It hurt him to do it, but it was for her safety.

When I wake up I toss and turn and try to get comfortable, take some deep slow breaths and then doze until it’s a reasonable time to get up. Reasonable to me is usually around 630.

A day for me, I would like to go for a drive to Jasper. There is something about being in the mountains or even country that brings me such peace and relaxation. I want to be there with Rodger though, it always brings us closer.

Allie “.. i told my DD when i get shake and baked please sprinkle part of me down there..”. 😂🍗😂

Heather - your beautifully hot day made our local news tonight. What a treat for your first taste of a bit of freedom.

Rebecca- I’m not ready to embrace my grey either, my hairdresser daughter tells me I’ll know when the time is right.

Michele - I have no words to express how it breaks my heart to read how Denise treats you. I wish that I had some great advice to offer. I hope she realizes someday how selfish and hurtful she is being to her parents.

A woman that used to work for me has been working for 2 years with one of her friends to bring Clare’s Law to Alberta. They were invited to be there when the government made the announcement that the law comes into effect on April 1st.
    Here is information about Clare’s Law. The quote by Diane is my friends, friend.

https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=77840278267A7-0D1C-1B6C-74D3F3B6C37717EC#jumplinks-1

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Tracey—Thank you! Alberta for telling us about Clare’s Law. Domestic violence is in many places. Too often there is no ready help. 😢
  • Katla49
    Options
    Grammar messed up. Sorry. 🙁
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Tracey—Thank you! Alberta for telling us about Clare’s Law. Domestic violence is in many places. Too often there is no ready help. 😢

I agree Katla, maybe this can save even 1 woman when she sees the first warning signs and get out. This is a subject that is very deep in my heart. Not for me personally, but for some women I deeply love.
  • Katla49
    Options
    We had our second CoVid vaccinations today. We took Pfizer Vaccine at Walgreens. Second dose seemed easier and I am happy to be vaccinated and done. <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - I’m sure your chair has something to do with your hip and back pain. I think my mattress is contributing to my issues too.

Julie - I don’t know if there is an actual technical term for it, but she explained it to me using body motions. She sort of slouched down in a chair, sat more on her back than her butt. She said the most comfortable furniture, the kind you can sink into is the worse for our posture and in turn causes all sorts of issues.
    ulw3ygbzjl9k.png
    3nwx10etyt7x.png
    I think this is a good example, think of the one that is most comfortable and know it’s not the one you should have.

Tracey in Edmonton

For me ... the brown recliner would be terribly uncomfortable whereas I would be much more comfortable in the black chair. The brown recliner gives me neck pain just looking at it.

I'm not keen on recliners, but if I went with one, it would probably be like this:
    erdoycdnlb2f.png

But what I'm looking for now is something along these lines but with lumbar support, and several adjustable features etc.
    d24hxi6t5y7r.png

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Tracey, thanks. once when i had a car, long ago it had slightly bucket seats, meaning, i think, the but lower than the knees. i found it really uncomfortable so put a little cushin on the seat to raise my but to be even to my knees. i wonder if that is involved. my place is the usual parisian small so no big big chairs here. i have this standard ikea one and i think it's comfy in a way that doesn't seem so bad, though i presume upright posture like in machka's is probably better.
    scqm4vals0ip.png

i also have this which is firm and then i can sort of have sprawl on it in a slouchy way.
    omfdkhv9w348.png

nice day: swimming in the warm sea (like in greece, where you can stay in the water for a long time and not feel cold), hang out by the sea, a bit, dose, read, stroll, and then go to a nice but not too fancy outdoor patio to eat some seafood and veggies with a loved one.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Sat in the sun in the garden yesterday, for the first time this year, lovely. Another nice day today forecast then downhill again for Easter. Even a sprinkling of snow forecast for Monday. Oh well that’s our weather ☀️☀️☔️☔️

Appointments for second jab made, next Wednesday.

I only have 2 brothers and never really longed for a sister. Love my bros dearly and I know they’re there for me if I need them and Visa versa.

Kate UK ❤️
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: yesterday: take BP, dogs to powerline, ‘nother load laundry. Today same plus gas, Freddie’s, Grocery Outlet and two firehall email followups.
    Bonus: Yesterday: marched in place listening to This American Life. Today hike with T.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, Wed: Tumble to dog group, Thurs: 2nd jab, bank to turn in pennies and pick up old USB drive from safe deposit box, Fri: Joe’s followup, ongoing: fire district: bake cookies for firehall, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments. Monday: bank,
    Mindful March:
    30: Mentally scan down your body and notice what it is feeling: Oww. Left knee, leg, hip, shoulder and lower back are aching. Price to pay for upping steps?
    31: Notice joy to be had in the simple things of life:

Super pooped so just skimmin’

Rebecca “…adopted you all as my heart sisters” ditto! You have your father’s smile.
    Tracey Think I’ll follow your physio’s advice and go back to sitting in a straight chair instead of my recliner. Maybe that will fix my recent lower back/hip issues. That black club chair really appeals. “Family is who we make it” doesn’t make me sad, it makes me grateful as I was an “only” and Mama and Papa have long since gone ahead.
    Margaret keeping your Fred in my prayers.
    Katla I was an only too, goods (own room) and bads (never anyone else’s turn to do chores, no one else to blame, no feedback loop from peers). Then I saw Mama in action with her sister, my Aunt Lil. They fought like cats from childhood, and even as adults. Too much drama for me! What you said about our mfp honorary sisters and friends.
    Machka I get up and wash dishes. That turns off the worry-to-do-list brain for me. Thanks for the https://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanpettijohn/2019/09/03/of-course-your-phone-is-listening-to-you/ link. Agree the social media system is flawed. Seems we opted to trade our private data for “free” apps. Tanstaafl. If I could do anything I wanted for a half day, I’d Tardis back to Nampa when Aqua Zumba was available and dance in the warm water for hours. Guess I’m feeling cold and achy 
    Lisa Corey has allergies? Must be killer in his line of work.
    Karen in VA (((hugs)))
    CJ holding your DGD, family and healthcare professionals in prayer.
    Kate my cold toes want those lavender socks!

Think I’ll run a beach towel through the drier to heat it up, then wrap up and go to bed. Closest I can think of to those hospital warmed blankets.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 25, weigh: 30, steps>5627=Mon:6195 Tues: 9169 yay! vits=30, log=30, CI<CO=26, CI<250<CO=18, Tumble=21 Shadow=23 mfp=30 outside=22 up hill=21
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=4 dance= clean 60 mins=7 packwalk=6, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 143.3 :rage:, 3/28 142.0 ok, 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=2 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=15 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Went out for my run at 8.10 this morning, before the expected heat and the crowds descending on the beach. Wonderful, beautiful, and any other words you can think of. B)
    Low tide, so people strolling at the water's edge. Two yoga classes in the open air. Swimming, paddleboarding. Little smiles from me to other not-very-good runners and their happy smiles back.
    I listened, as always, to Soul Music, but my Bluetooth headphones kept cutting out,so I changed to just holding my phone in my hand. :o
    I Will Survive, Harvest Moon, Lean On Me, and at home when I got back and did some extra exercise on the machines, Sunshine On Leith.
    They were just the ones that came up , but all were inspiring and touching.

Now to do some editing. I've got some minor health worries, so I will ask my doctor friends on our Zoom call this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    1y5bpbmvgd31.jpg

8.15 this morning.
    Heather UK xxxxxx