ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Monday 29 March

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ 😊

Today I need to tackle the laundry. 😡 I made a start!
    !

Too late now to post goals for Tuesday but they'd be the same as always and I met them. I was fixated on finishing the front of the sweater that I’m knitting and it’s finished 😊 Just 1 sleeve to go and then sew it up and do the neck .....
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    For Tuesday:

-Work out for 90 minutes: 40 minutes
    -1999 calories. Staying under a 2,000 average for the month is still in play: 1711. 22 days without an off the rails day.

For Wednesday:

-1999 calories

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Grade 25 late assignments.
    2. Read for half an hour.
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Grade 3 sets of current assignments.
    4. Lunch: Pork chops?
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Grade 25 late assignments. Set 2 of lifts.
    7. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pizza. Book group.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so I'm going to focus on stretching and lifting. Walked today, ran Monday. Hope to run Thursday.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 938 Member
    Monday again, the start of another week.

JFT Monday 29th March

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green no
    Back exercises no
    Walk (only if weather improves, still wet and windy) short walk in the evening
    Some business admin yes
    Phone another roofer yes
    Gratitude I'm grateful I got hold of a roofer, I've tried several. I'll be even more grateful if he comes and does a good job!

I didn't post yesterday, just didn't feel like weighing my food and logging. It turned out to be a better day, still cold but the rain has stopped at last. I was able to do some outside jobs.

JFT Wednesday 31st March

Eat sensibly, under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Outside jobs
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,294 Member

JFT Tuesday

- Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Morning meetings 😄
    - Lab in the afternoon😄
    - Let V drive to & from swim😄
    - Watch some basketball😄
    - Eat light for dinner😄
    - No evening snacking!!😄!

Yesterday was lack luster, but good. Got blood work run today and my triglycerides are way high, so my overall cholesterol is high, but my individual cholesterol numbers are good. I didn’t fast so that contributes but still not great. Glucose was also high. Thyroid was ok. Vitamin D was non existent. Guess it’s time to make some serious changes...

Let my youngest drive us to and from she needed land run also then she had an orthodontist appointment. Her driving is getting better, but the rain threw her off a bit. It’s nice spending time with her. She is struggling with anxiety right now. It has manifested in severe ticks, it’s hard to watch.

JFT Wednesday
    - blood work ✅
    - Drive time ✅
    - Orthodontist ✅
    - Take a meeting while I wait for V.
    - Get some activity, ignore knee pain...
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a great day y’all!

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Recap 3/30 T
    1) Walked dog 3.48 mi before work & heard turkeys & cranes :smiley: happy me & happy dog
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks :mrgreen: 14/14 boom! 15.3K
    3) Leftovers for supper / net cals zero / 12c water :) -73 & 13c
    4) Pick up Breadsmith order / buy dog food (sale) = 2/2
    5) Prep lunch, snacks, water bottle & overnight oats / refill bird feeders & bath / declutter 15 min. / at least 1 other chore = 4/4
    6) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 5:40 alarm (walk dog before work) :/ reset alarm = 3/6

JFT 3/31 W
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water
    3) GA-IT FY21 prep / ask AA to update report grid / submit month end PAR s/s / emails / pack for work at home
    4) Grocery shop on way home / prep overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / something on to-do list
    5) Meditation / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work)

Just couldn't drag my *kitten* out of bed for dog walk this morning pre-sunrise with temp below 30. Glad I keep my workout days flexible. This will be my 2nd rest day this week. Rest of the week should be no problem fitting in dog walks.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    JFT - Tuesday Mar 30
    1.5L of water - :)
    Log all food - :)

JFT - Wednesday Mar 31
    1.5L of water
    Log all food

@pridesabtch - Anxiety is such a terrible disease, I hope she is able to get it under control. I have been putting off my blood work for a while now because I'm sure I'll be having the same reports as you.

@ZizzyBumble - Sometimes a project is better for us.

@cschmitz110515 - I have noticed our weather patterns are very similar, hopefully the rest of the week is good.

Well I should get to work.
    Have a great day everyone
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    JFT

Curves
    Finish Car Newsletter
    Straighten Area around my Desk
    Drink 64oz of Water
    No Processed Sugar (24th Day...Yay!!!)

Love this Site...Have a grrreat day everyone!
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Ahhh... More news, my thyroid is way out of whack again. Maybe if I get that back to normal (0.43 - 3.550) instead of 9.154 this weight loss thing and motivation will be a little easier. The higher the number means my thyroid is under active. It was fine last year but seems to have dropped off a cliff this year...

Maybe my lack of motivation and insane tiredness was more than just depression after all...

@pridesabtch Sooo sorry your thyroid is out of whack. My husband also has thyroid challenges * plus* liver issues. (sigh)...He gets tired really easily...but is a trooper. I know you find your way back to normal...sending good thoughts!! Deb
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,327 Member
    Hey fellow JFTers! I'm on here before noon! Wow. Impressive. (NOT!) I seem to lose track of time and days now that I'm not working. It's crazy how different my life is from being so busy I can't think straight to looking for things to do! This week I've not done much because I've been glued to the TV watching the Derek Chauvin trial. I don't want to waste my day in front of a TV, but I can't seem to tear myself away either.

What's everyone doing for Easter this year? Anything? Anyone gathering with family or anything? I'm so torn. I want to have everyone over because I miss my kids and grandkids so much! But my husband is worried because I have not had my 2nd vax yet. So, the jury is still out... The only thing planned so far is to take my mother to church that morning.

Welcome @debilang ! So happy to have you join us! This group is so awesome...more than just accountability. It doesn't take long to feel like you are among friends. Congratulations on the 24th day of no processed sugar! I wish I could even get ONE day under my belt! You are my new hero. LOL! :mrgreen:

@ZizzyBumble I hope you share a picture of your sweater when finished! I'm just learning to knit and I would love to see what is possible beyond scarves... :flowerforyou:

@pridesabtch I'm sorry your daughter is struggling with anxiety! I had issues with panic disorder for over 20 years when I went through a divorce. It can be just horrible! I will add her to my prayers. I have to go get a lipid panel done also. I've been putting it off (like @Snowflake1968). I am afraid to see the numbers because I don't want to go on more medication! My goal is to get off of some of them, not add more! 🙄😬

Well, better get busy...I'm burnin' daylight!

Today's Gratitude:
    Grass is turning green.
    My faith is strong and I feel content.
    I'm grateful for my family.

Just for Wednesday (3/31/21)
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • 64+ oz water
    • Journal food and close food diary at the end of the day. Goal is <75g carbs and <29 g added sugar
    • Short walk with Maddie? (I cannot WAIT to get my first knee injection on Monday!)
    • Household: Laundry / Sweep / Mop / Dust
    • NoBS: Module 2, Podcast, Challenge Videos
    • Declutterfest: Today's 15-min. spent on desk area
    • Spend time in my happy space. Work on Tim's lap quilt or work on the jelly roll rug
    • Electronics off one hour before bed. Evening routine. Gratitude Journal. Daily Readings. Read more of new mystery novel until lights out.
    • Set alarm to get up earlier tomorrow

WOTY 2021: Intentional
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited March 2021
    We had our 2nd shot saturday.. and from about 3 on sunday, I have been SO tired .. just no energy at all, and a super bad headache. Today I am starting to not have the headache. . but really tired. I've heard the 2nd shot affects everyone different .. hubby doesn't feel anything at all!
    So as a result ... I'm not walking, and eating awful. Last nite our daughter brought us all out a Dairy queen buster bar. Only 470 calories LOL! But .. it tasted so good, and I ate it, and enjoyed it.
    My weight goes up and down.. but at least it is doing that.

You guys were talking about being depressed, and not wanting to post goals. I think all of us are going through that. Its easter, and its just the 2 of us again. Our daughter will come out, but hubby wants to wait till we have full immunity before she comes in the house. Thank goodness it will be 75 on easter ... so I will just bake a ham, and we will enjoy the time together outside.
    I was hoping we could go see our son, but hoping maybe in may or june that might happen.

But you know, when you are down, its hard to focus on weight management, eating properly etc. But ... we are still here. We are still trying, and to me, that alone is a win win.

So my goals today are really simple again. While I do so many more things than my list says, these are the 2, or 3, that I need the most help with.

JFT, Wed, 3.31
    1. no nite time eating. Drink water. Brush my teeth. Change my routine ... go downstairs with hubby, go outside, take a nap. I should not be hungry.
    2. concentrate on 8+ water
    3. listen to podcast or motivational talk

I was reading how important water is in helping to cut our cravings. They said that when we are dehydrated.. we tend to crave sweets and carbs more.. because those things contain water.. and our body is telling us we need water.

So I will grab a glass of water when I crave anything!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2021
    Ahhh... More news, my thyroid is way out of whack again. Maybe if I get that back to normal (0.43 - 3.550) instead of 9.154 this weight loss thing and motivation will be a little easier. The higher the number means my thyroid is under active. It was fine last year but seems to have dropped off a cliff this year...

Maybe my lack of motivation and insane tiredness was more than just depression after all...

Getting your thyroid corrected would be huge. This contributes so much to not only not being able to lose weight, but depression, tiredness, etc. My husband is on thyroid medication because he had part of his thryoid removed. It is easily corrected with medication ... so I hope you are able to get some. It will make you feel SO much better! Hugs.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member

Underactive thyroid contributes to depression ALOT. That sluggish, low mood that are symptoms of hypo are also how you can feel when depressed xx
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,057 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Last nite our daughter brought us all out a Dairy queen buster bar. Only 470 calories LOL! But .. it tasted so good, and I ate it, and enjoyed it.
    My weight goes up and down.. but at least it is doing that.

Haha the "only" bit cracked me up 😂😂
  • mytime6630
    Hey fellow JFTers! I'm on here before noon! Wow. Impressive. (NOT!) I seem to lose track of time and days now that I'm not working. It's crazy how different my life is from being so busy I can't think straight to looking for things to do! This week I've not done much because I've been glued to the TV watching the Derek Chauvin trial. I don't want to waste my day in front of a TV, but I can't seem to tear myself away either.

[*] Spend time in my happy space. Work on Tim's lap quilt or work on the jelly roll rug

WOTY 2021: Intentional

This is what I need to do more of .. time in our happy space!!

I can't stand watching the trial .. it just upsets me too much. And I tell this to my daughter all the time .. don't do things that depress you or make you sad. Too much of this could be very depressing ...it is hard to believe any one could do that to another person.

So I like you saying .. more time in your happy space! Getting out and enjoying the nice weather .. anything that makes you feel happy and good!
  • mytime6630
    debilang wrote: »
    JFT

No Processed Sugar (24th Day...Yay!!!)

Love this Site...Have a grrreat day everyone!

Great job -- 24 days of no sugar!!
  • mytime6630
    WellingTX wrote: »
    -1999 calories. Staying under a 2,000 average for the month is still in play: 1711. 22 days without an off the rails day.

Awesome!!!!!!
  • mytime6630

Too late now to post goals for Tuesday but they'd be the same as always and I met them. I was fixated on finishing the front of the sweater that I’m knitting and it’s finished 😊 Just 1 sleeve to go and then sew it up and do the neck .....

Oh -- please post a picture when finished! I always wanted to learn to knit.. but I am all thumbs!