The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Im sorry @RubyRed427. My heart goes out to you and your family. ❤
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,485 Member
    @RubyRed427 My deepest condolences to you and the family. There are no words for this horror that has happened. We all are sending our love and support to you. <3
  • SunnyDays930
    @RubyRed427 You were absolutely destined to meet this earth angel. I wish you peace on what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation which now much be quite a different experience with what has gone on in your family. Sending hugs. <3
  • SunnyDays930
    @RubyRed427 I'm so glad you had a wonderful and sober vacation! I have been in that woman's shoes as well. It is mortifying.
  • SunnyDays930
    My sister who is a much better writer than I , wrote this.
    https://inthesecretservice.com/2021/03/28/the-spider-who-saved-a-president/
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    My sister who is a much better writer than I , wrote this.
    https://inthesecretservice.com/2021/03/28/the-spider-who-saved-a-president/

Jen , I just read your sister's essay and had goosebumps throughout the read. What a tragic childhood in a way but it prepared him to save a President. I know he was such a good man and father to you. I know you loved him so much; he must have adored you too. Thank you for sharing!
  • RubyRed427
    @mtngrl3 Woo Hoo ! So happy for you, that's a major milestone coming up. 🙌

My face is noticeably better looking when I am AF. My eyes look so different too, bright & alive. So being sober has lots of benefits! I also noticed my anxiety reduce. Didn't disappear, but definitely reduced.

Doing my food shop this evening, I found myself experiencing a small craving to buy 'something' from the alcohol Isle. Probably as Easter is coming up, there is a buzz everywhere and something to celebrate is coming up. So I bought some 0% beer.

It is good there is the option of 0% for those kind of scenarios.
    24 days AF 🙂

25 days by now! You have great resilience and determination!!!
  • RubyRed427
    edited April 2021
    Every Easter I post this same memory. One Easter Sunday, I drank so much wine throughout the day that when nearly all the guests left (Thank God most left), I had my head in the toilet and spent the night on the bathroom floor! What a shame that day turned out. But it at least gives me yet another reminder of how I cannot moderate no matter my good intentions. I think this will be my third sober Easter. Thank heavens.

For any one who is trying to become sober for a period of time, keep trying and never ever give up. Even a few days of sobriety helps and is a step in the right direction. It has taken many of us on this thread a few years to really come to the realization that alcohol does not help our problems but makes them worse.

It has taken me about four years to string together many months of sobriety. Currently I am nearing 7 months in a row. But I won't take it for granted for one second. I am so grateful.

• RubyRed427
    I know I shared my family tragedy with you last week; it is an ongoing nightmare for my relatives. A nightmare that will never end. Anyway, the whole origin of this child's death involves addiction (mostly to meth). Addiction can destroy lives, change families forever, and even take innocent lives. I am not even trying to be extreme here, but let's face it, drugs and alcohol if used to excess is utterly dangerous. There is so much more the the story than most know. But still the end result is a child is dead.

There has been such hateful posts online and death threats on the relatives of the child who was killed that a police man is stationed at the grandmother's house and sister's house; they didn't dream that this child would be killed; they loved that little boy with all their hearts.