JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    @PackerFanInGB Who is Derek Chauvin and what did he do? Xx
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 941 Member
    @Bex953172 He is the police officer who killed George Floyd by kneeling on his neck in the US. I'm sure you'll have heard about it, about Black Lives Matter and "taking the knee".
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Wednesday 31 March

I failed to post this morning, I meant to do so with my mid morning drink but got distracted and forgot. Iโ€™ve been catching up with the household chores that Iโ€™d been neglecting in favour of knitting! My sweater should be finished this weekend and I will post photos! @mytime66 my grandmother taught me to knit; both she and my mum were also good at sewing but Iโ€™ve never learned how to sew beyond the obligatory pieces at school and I canโ€™t remember enjoying it. @PackerFanInGB I started of with cotton dish clothes and canโ€™t remember doing a scarf. As far as I can recall, I learned to cast on, knit, purl,, increase, decrease and cast off and was then able to follow patterns. Now thereโ€™s lots of YouTube videos to help you. When you tackle your first sweater or similar, donโ€™t start off with a fine yarn, try something thicker that grows quickly so you can see progress!

Log ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Stay in the green ๐Ÿ˜Š
    5 fruit and veg ๐Ÿ‘ฟ 4
    Water ๐Ÿ˜ก Not sure, I didnโ€™t log
    Fitbit exercise goals ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š trend โฌ‡๏ธ
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member

๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿธ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ€
    ๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค MARCH ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›
    ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ›๐ŸŒท๐Ÿฆ†๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅ๐Ÿค๐Ÿฆ†๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ€

๐Ÿ”นWord - Balance
    ๐Ÿ”นI am in tune with my dreams
    ๐Ÿ”นI know what is right for me
    ๐Ÿ”นI will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

๐Ÿ”นI live in congruence with my authentic self
    ๐Ÿ”นI am mindful
    ๐Ÿ”นI am creative every day
    ๐Ÿ”นI foster positivity
    ๐Ÿ”นI am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148โœ…
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • Total weight loss: 83 โซ
    Daily Goals:
    Mon: โœ… Tue: โœ… Wed: โœ… Thu: Fri: Sat: Sun:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: โœ… 3/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: โœ… 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1 โฌ
    3. Increase Muscle%: โœ… 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 โซ
    4. Calories in the green โœ… 3/7
    5. Steps > 8000 โœ… 3/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins dailyโœ… 3/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily โœ… 3/7
    ๐ŸŒทPositive intentions for Thu 1 April:
    • Meditation
    • Weigh/post weight
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: read Slow trains to Venice
    • Keep up to date with email
    • Daily goals update

Feb/March DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb:๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง
    March:
    ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง
    ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ง

NLNS (7 March โ€”->)
    LNS: 1
    Me: 24

Terri ๐Ÿฆ„
  • Bex953172
    @Bex953172 He is the police officer who killed George Floyd by kneeling on his neck in the US. I'm sure you'll have heard about it, about Black Lives Matter and "taking the knee".

Ohhhh no way, yeah I've heard. I never knew that was the officers name
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Tea! Grade 25 late assignments.
    2. Read for half an hour. Call the doctor and get a refill on prescription.
    3. Set 1 of lifts. Grade 3 sets of current assignments.
    4. Brunch with family.
    5. Stretch. Fanfic. S&F script work.
    6. Afternoon: Grade 25 late assignments. Run at park.
    7. Evening: Livestream. Dinner: Pork chops?
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 189.8

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning โ€“ March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. I'm so tired of grading. Theoretically this is supposed to be a break. I'm tired of it. Tired of it. Tired of it.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    ๐Ÿ‡ ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐ŸŒทThursday 1 April ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ‡

Itโ€™s a beautiful start to the day, very welcome after a prolonged period of rain and I feel energised. I hope you all have a good day.

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š Trend โฌ‡๏ธ. ๐Ÿพ Iโ€™ve reached my maintenance goal weight. ๐Ÿพ Iโ€™ll probably drop a bit further to give myself wriggle room for indulgences and the trend needs to catch up with the actual weight.
  • Bex953172

Itโ€™s a beautiful start to the day, very welcome after a prolonged period of rain and I feel energised. I hope you all have a good day.

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh ๐Ÿ˜Š Trend โฌ‡๏ธ. ๐Ÿพ Iโ€™ve reached my maintenance goal weight. ๐Ÿพ Iโ€™ll probably drop a bit further to give myself wriggle room for indulgences and the trend needs to catch up with the actual weight.

Congratulations!
    That's amazing!
  • Bex953172
    I weighed myself this morning, I don't weigh myself that often anymore because I have to use the battery from my kitchen scales because my body scale one died.
    Could just buy a pack of new batteries but I always forget when I'm out lol!

So I weigh 161lb. And I was proper giving myself a telling off because I thought I'd put on loads. When I logged on here and recorded it, my last recorded weight was 157 LOL! I've only put 4lb on and thought I'd put on like 10.

However, it's still in the wrong direction. It's given me a bit of determination to get that down again. It might even be high because I had a few snacks last night and not enough water so I'll weigh more frequently too.

I know I've not made much progress this year so far fitness wise, but I've had to take it reaaaaal slow to get to this point. Before all I did was come here to chat. And very slowly I've sorted my head out enough to function. I started logging on every day, most days I post goals and some of those days I achieve them! Out of nowhere I've started hitting 10k steps and I've actually enjoyed getting them and finding ways to reach that every day if I can. And I've even exercised a few times!

So I'm ready to smash April (hopefully!)

So JFT April 1st!

- 8 waters
    - Be in the GREEN
    - Weigh all my food!
    - Try get 10k steps or exercise.
  • littleblackskirt

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Reaching your maintenance goal weight is a huge accomplishment!

I feel that we should have a celebration party (well, virtual party lol) whenever someone on the thread reaches their goal weight. I'll raise a glass later :)

(I don't know where you all get the good emojis, I use a laptop and there are only a few faces to choose from)
  • littleblackskirt
    JFT Wednesday 31st March

Eat sensibly, under maintenance I think so, see, that's why I should log, then I would know!
    Back exercises no
    Walk 40 minutes
    Outside jobs yes
    Gratitude grateful for a sunny day, and a visit from grandson and happy dogs

JFT Thursday 1st April

Eat sensibly, under maintenance
    Back exercises
    Walk
    Outside jobs
    Food shop
    Laundry
    Gratitude

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

@Snowflake1968 the frogs made me laugh :)
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

For Wednesday:

-1999 calories 1804, 22 days without going off the rails. Averaged 1964 for March, 2061 Year to date

Down 6.8# for March, 8.2# for the past two months.

Worked out for 31 hours 30 minutes in March including 15,460# of weights, 1720 crunches, 408 push ups and 816 lunges. 51.09 miles of exercise walks in March

For the year I've worked out for 105 hours, 30 minutes. Ahead of my 60 minute a day commitment. I've walked 159.82 miles year to date, behind pace on my commitment to reach 750 for the year.

For Thursday

-1999 calories, start the new month off ahead of the curve
    -Work out for 90 minutes, start the new month off ahead of the curve

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    There must be something in the air, I had a really off day on Tuesday. I was very moody and sensitive, didn't necessarily have any major stressors but just was really struggling. I'll be visiting my grandparents in a few weeks and they ended up inviting my uncles over for an outdoor meal when I'll be there. It will be fine and safe. Everyone will be vaccinated and we'll be outside and distanced. But when I shared with my mom and sisters that it made me nervous (this was also before I knew it would be outside and everyone would be vaccinated) and I wish there had been a conversation first, they jumped on me for not being respectful of my grandparents and understanding how important family is to them. I felt completely dismissed and unheard. Which is the typical family pattern. My mom and sisters are a unit and I am the black sheep. The kicker is that they've also been visiting each other, but stating they're worried about visiting me because I'm in an apartment. Which I have absolutely respected. But seems to be a bit of a double standard, no? So I called a good friend who I knew would support me and be validating (and call me out if I needed to be!) and I felt so much better. All I needed was to feel heard. Anyway, the diet went out the window and exercise went out the window and I ended up missing my check ins here. It feels good to be back on track :)

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water โœ…
    stay in the green โœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups โœ…
    30 minutes exercise โŒ
    screens off 8:30 โœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT โŒ

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
    Think of goals to swap out for exercise rest days

@Bex953173 Thanks for the validation! Glad Iโ€™m not alone!
    @terririchardson 112 way to rock the water challenge!
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2021
    There must be something in the air, I had a really off day on Tuesday. I was very moody and sensitive, didn't necessarily have any major stressors but just was really struggling. I'll be visiting my grandparents in a few weeks and they ended up inviting my uncles over for an outdoor meal when I'll be there. It will be fine and safe. Everyone will be vaccinated and we'll be outside and distanced. But when I shared with my mom and sisters that it made me nervous (this was also before I knew it would be outside and everyone would be vaccinated) and I wish there had been a conversation first, they jumped on me for not being respectful of my grandparents and understanding how important family is to them. I felt completely dismissed and unheard. Which is the typical family pattern. My mom and sisters are a unit and I am the black sheep. The kicker is that they've also been visiting each other, but stating they're worried about visiting me because I'm in an apartment. Which I have absolutely respected. But seems to be a bit of a double standard, no? So I called a good friend who I knew would support me and be validating (and call me out if I needed to be!) and I felt so much better. All I needed was to feel heard. Anyway, the diet went out the window and exercise went out the window and I ended up missing my check ins here. It feels good to be back on track :)

JFT Wednesday:
    80 oz water โœ…
    stay in the green โœ…
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups โœ…
    30 minutes exercise โŒ
    screens off 8:30 โœ…
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT โŒ

JFT Thursday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT
    Think of goals to swap out for exercise rest days

@Bex953173 Thanks for the validation! Glad Iโ€™m not alone!
    @terririchardson 112 way to rock the water challenge!

I can't remember what I validated now haha

As for them saying you're disrespectful, if anything I would of argued back that family is important to you to, enough where you wouldn't want to accidentally cause harm to them via the virus.
    I know you're all be vacinnated but I think it's still a valid worry seeing as it's been over a year this has been going on.

You were not in the wrong and you should've been heard.
    As for the black sheep, same here lol!
    In a way I prefer it, because I know I'm just doing my own thing and living my own life rather than being wrapped up in all my family's "expectations" when they're never happy with anything I do anyway.
    I do love my family but I don't particularly trust them.
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2021

lav4wfl2mg3r.jpeg

I just scrolled back to see what it was i validated for @jeschepp (I remember now the squats etc.)

And I forgot to quote your pic the other day. I love it haha
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited April 2021
    @ZizzyBumble CoNgRaTs on reaching your maintenance goal! Huge achievement!

@WellingTX Wonderful job meeting your March goals. I'm at about the same distance for the year (154.5 miles) and I'm in the You vs. 2021 Challenge on MapMyWalk. Last year I was able to complete the distance of 1020K by October. Totally doable.

@jeschepp Glad you got some support from your friend!

Recap 3/31 W
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks :) 13/14 & 9.7k
    2) Net cals zero / 12c water >:) Did fine until evening when dealt with afternoon work frustrations (stupid ASSt. manager) & evening computer updates that took hours by snacking on Easter chocolate & crisps. Didn't bother to log since I knew net cals were RED. Ok, that day is over.
    3) GA-IT FY21 prep / ask AA to update report grid / submit month end PAR s/s / emails / pack for work at home = 5/5
    4) Grocery shop on way home / prep overnight oats / declutter 15 min. / something on to-do list = 4/4
    5) Meditation forgot / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren too tired / 7:00 alarm (walk dog before work) too cold :( 1/6

JFT 4/1 R
    1) Move hourly
    2) Walk dog in afternoon
    3) Net cals zero / 12c water
    4) GA-IT FY21 prep / 2:00 webinar (pace) / submit PRO, PAR & KRONOS s/s / update Project Status s/s / keep up w/ emails / pack for M in office
    5) To-do list / 7:00 Maundy Thursday service
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / no alarm (PTO Good Friday)

Some April Fool's Day joke: when I woke up, temp was 22 with wind chill of 11. Just not in the mood for dog walk like this. Since winds should die down and today is a short-ish work day at home, plan is to walk after my webinar & hubby leaves for work. Tomorrow is PTO/holiday for Good Friday, so plan to work/clean around the house, now that I can see cobwebs & dust I couldn't before LOL. Will also walk dog and attend Tenebrae church service.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21 ~ 2.28.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and completed 97.44 miles total / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21 ~ completed distance on 3.21.21 / 30/45 Build to Bellin virtual challenge 30 min. activity for total of 1,350 min. in 45 days 3.1.21 - 4.15.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,301 Member

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals

So happy for you! Great job!
  • pridesabtch
    I weighed myself this morning, I don't weigh myself that often anymore because I have to use the battery from my kitchen scales because my body scale one died.
    Could just buy a pack of new batteries but I always forget when I'm out lol!

So I weigh 161lb. And I was proper giving myself a telling off because I thought I'd put on loads. When I logged on here and recorded it, my last recorded weight was 157 LOL! I've only put 4lb on and thought I'd put on like 10.

However, it's still in the wrong direction. It's given me a bit of determination to get that down again. It might even be high because I had a few snacks last night and not enough water so I'll weigh more frequently too.

I know I've not made much progress this year so far fitness wise, but I've had to take it reaaaaal slow to get to this point. Before all I did was come here to chat. And very slowly I've sorted my head out enough to function. I started logging on every day, most days I post goals and some of those days I achieve them! Out of nowhere I've started hitting 10k steps and I've actually enjoyed getting them and finding ways to reach that every day if I can. And I've even exercised a few times!

So I'm ready to smash April (hopefully!)

So JFT April 1st!

- 8 waters
    - Be in the GREEN
    - Weigh all my food!
    - Try get 10k steps or exercise.

Very proud of you! You are doing great!
  • pridesabtch
    So yesterday V and I got blood work. We got her results today she is deficient in Vitamin D and B12. Vitamin D is an easy over the counter thing, but the B12 is injections; daily for a week, weekly for a month then monthly. Ughhh. Poor thing, but this is sure to make her feel better as they are both things that will improve her energy levels. I go Monday to learn how to give her injections.

Iโ€™m personally really down, but hoping the thyroid boost will help. Iโ€™ve been on the verge of tears all day, I just canโ€™t pull it together.

JFT Thursday
    - Work from home
    - Log food
    - Let V drive to swim
    - Shower
    - Family dinner at SIL

Yโ€™all have a great day!