Something that Made You Feel Good Today

Replies

• gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @conniewilkins56 are you doing another month without weighing daily? I saw you lost a big amount at the end of February. I bet that was an awesome feeling.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    gewel321 wrote: »
    @conniewilkins56 are you doing another month without weighing daily? I saw you lost a big amount at the end of February. I bet that was an awesome feeling.

I am getting weighed Mar. 1 and then trying to wait until April 1..... the ten lbs I lost put me at my lowest weight but not by much!...I had two binges; the end of Jan. and in Feb. for a couple of days...I really want to get to Onderland sometime this year and I need a two week break in there somewhere without binging!...
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Today I got paint on a pair of sweatpants that I only just bought back in December. I was miffed at myself until I realized -- in 6+ months when it will be sweatpants weather again, these will probably be too big anyway!
  • conniewilkins56
    I went shopping and finally bought some new clothes....I have gone from size 28 pants to a size 16!....is this even possible?....swim suit from 3x to a 1x....undies from 14 to a 9/10 and tops from 3x to 1x....bra from 50CC to a 46C....when I tried one pair of shorts on, my foolish husband said they looked “ a little snug “!....needless to say, he is in the doghouse this evening!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Finishing work at lunchtime &being on annual leave for 11 days! Hopefully, weekof gardening, rest and family time!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,579 Member
    I went shopping and finally bought some new clothes....I have gone from size 28 pants to a size 16!....is this even possible?....swim suit from 3x to a 1x....undies from 14 to a 9/10 and tops from 3x to 1x....bra from 50CC to a 46C....when I tried one pair of shorts on, my foolish husband said they looked “ a little snug “!....needless to say, he is in the doghouse this evening!

WOW. Congratulations, Connie. What an accomplishment.

Any kibble for him? Or just hose water?
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    I can’t believe I’m proud of myself for doing a little 20min workout today (and I couldn’t even do 100% of the exercises ) but I totally am because I’m forcing myself to start moving again even though it’s hard with all this extra weight. Hey...it’s a start right!? Lol
  • conniewilkins56
    joone_9 wrote: »
    I can’t believe I’m proud of myself for doing a little 20min workout today (and I couldn’t even do 100% of the exercises ) but I totally am because I’m forcing myself to start moving again even though it’s hard with all this extra weight. Hey...it’s a start right!? Lol

Great job!....remember that you lose weight in the kitchen and tone up in the gym!...you CAN lose weight without exercise but extra burned calories are great, too...Richard Simmons, Dancing to the Oldies kicks my butt!....he is an evil little man lol....I think the more weight you lose, you just want to move around more...it’s harder to sit still...on a normal average day I used to get less than 2000 steps a day and now I hit almost 5000 from being able to do more!...keep up the good work
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Thanks @conniewilkins56. As I’m forced to eat out everyday (I’m temporarily in a city I don’t live in receiving medical treatments) I feel like I really need to move more because I can’t be so strict with the clean eating- plus I need to stop being so lazy while I still have the energy to move. I’m trying my best to stick to healthy options as I agree it’s all about the food but there’s limited options and I’m guesstimating ALOT re amount of calories (when did restaurants stop listing cal amounts on their menus or websites?!🤔). I’m hoping the extra movement will allow me to keep losing (or at minimum be at maintenance).
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Okay this lame, but this started off as my toughest day since I started in January... And my fiance, and all my MFP friends really made a positive impact. This community really does make a difference in peoples lives. So yeah, all you guys for the win!
  • conniewilkins56
    joone_9 wrote: »
    Thanks @conniewilkins56. As I’m forced to eat out everyday (I’m temporarily in a city I don’t live in receiving medical treatments) I feel like I really need to move more because I can’t be so strict with the clean eating- plus I need to stop being so lazy while I still have the energy to move. I’m trying my best to stick to healthy options as I agree it’s all about the food but there’s limited options and I’m guesstimating ALOT re amount of calories (when did restaurants stop listing cal amounts on their menus or websites?!🤔). I’m hoping the extra movement will allow me to keep losing (or at minimum be at maintenance).

I had forgotten you were getting medical treatments....so good for you getting out and moving around....it is hard to make good choices sometimes when eating out...the longer I do this “ diet thing “, the easier it is for me to make special requests in restaurants!...I love the chicken fajitas at Chili’s and I ask them not to put the “ sizzle “ on them and I ask for corn tortillas....sometimes little things can make all the difference!...I do not eat “ clean “... I like junk food and snacks so I really have to balance my menu to allow for a big dinner and my snacks!...keep up the good work...we are stronger than we think....dieting is hard and being overweight is hard, choose your hard!
  • conniewilkins56
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Okay this lame, but this started off as my toughest day since I started in January... And my fiance, and all my MFP friends really made a positive impact. This community really does make a difference in peoples lives. So yeah, all you guys for the win!

Nothing lame about your comment...we LOVE your enthusiasm and determination!...we need some new blood in this group!...the end of May I will have been doing this 2 years...the journey has not always been smooth....I have hit road blocks, speed bumps, and made detours...I have hit dead ends more than once and gotten lost....BUT here I am, still on the road to a slimmer and healthier me!...this isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon and I am here until I reach the goal line!...without my MFP friends and this Larger Loser group, I would never have made it...we all have struggles and set backs, easy days and harder ones....but it can be done....you are doing it!....don’t be too hard on yourself.....
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @conniewilkins56
    Exactly! Just going back through the old posts you'll see all my whines lol We've been there. The key is to keep trying; let yourself feel the frustration but don't let it own you or sap your energy to get back up and get going again. The only way to guarantee failure is to quit trying!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Yeah, I don't mind whining occasionally... Emotions are the spice of life! :) *thanks guys*
  • Janatki

You’re not alone @Poobah1972 ...Tough day here too yesterday! I do so agree about MFP support - been great for me too!
    It can be so tough can’t it? For me it was a teeny tiny disagreement with the scales that had, inexplicably, set me off for the day. I know... with everything that is going on, I’m bothered about a 1lb gain? ....on waking this morning, with help & a kick up my own backside, I may have got myself back in gear again .....till the next time🥴
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,241 Member
    I went for an hour long walk on some nearby nature trails. This included having to cross a stream on some rocks, which didn't go as planned, but I still had an amazing time. It felt so good to get back out in nature and just move.

Also, I ate a big warm pretzel. That may sound odd, but for me it is huge. On previous attempts at this, I was too aggressive with my weight loss goals and I ended up with some really bad food anxiety. This time around, I am in a healthier mindset. So when my friend showed up at my house with a pretzel (calling herself the pretzel fairy), I ate it and enjoyed it and my time with my friend. Note: It did fit into my calories, but I didn't even worry about it at the time. Being healthy mentally and emotionally is just as important as being healthy physically.
  • Janatki
    Freedom ...well sort of ...Shielding is over!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,526 Member
    edited April 2021
    here I am, still on the road to a slimmer and healthier me!...this isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon and I am here until I reach the goal line!...without my MFP friends and this Larger Loser group, I would never have made it...we all have struggles and set backs, easy days and harder ones....but it can be done....you are doing it!....don’t be too hard on yourself.....

Well, Connie, I sure hope you're planning on staying on AFTER you reach the goal line! Or are you talking the 5 year post weight loss first maintenance goal line?!?!?! :wink:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,526 Member
    A large Tim Hortons coffee with no cream this morning. I was down to half a cream, but man or man that caffeine injection has me over the moon. Don't get to close, cause I'm in the hugging mood! :smiley:

Dude! You Rock! But was it dark or original?!?!