Big day- Minus 100lbs in 10 months

Today l celebrate the loss of 100lbs on the weight loss journey l began on June 1 last year. If you include the 12 pounds l put on during my Christmas holiday then it is minus 112 pounds ( 8 stone)
Its the first time in my life l have been able to lose weight.
Sugar was and remains my enemy but now l understand its power over me.
I eat a healthier diet than l ever have. I am still struggling with excercise but keep trying
l CAN &.I WILL.
I am so grateful for the knowledge and support that has helped me. Logging meals on here has been fundamental. I have learned that you must never give up and a slip is better than a surrender.
Hopeful that l will continue and meet my goals.
Good luck everyone and believe its possible and that it is worth the price

Replies

• lolalovingbunyy
    lolalovingbunyy Posts: 38 Member
    You are amazing, and you got this! Great job :smile:
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Sugar was and is my enemy too, especially if I add flour to it! I am trying again, after a long slip, so thanks for the encouragement.
  • kcastagnoli
    kcastagnoli Posts: 49 Member
    Congratulations!!!!! I have problems with sugar, too. The struggle is real. But what you have accomplished is amazing! I'm in awe. Well done.
  • stormdancer4
    stormdancer4 Posts: 20 Member
    Fivepts wrote: »
    Sugar was and is my enemy too, especially if I add flour to it! I am trying again, after a long slip, so thanks for the encouragement.

Good luck and well done!!knowing is the first step- the most important one. In the past l would use a "slip" as an excuse to eat what l wanted!! I am trying to be more aware now.
    I love cake but it doesn't love me xx
  • stormdancer4

Thanks - support makes a massive difference 😃
  • stormdancer4
    mroper295 wrote: »
    I have learned that you must never give up and a slip is better than a surrender.
    I love this, very well stated!

Thank you 😃
  • stormdancer4
    mroper295 wrote: »
    I have learned that you must never give up and a slip is better than a surrender.
    I love this, very well stated!

Thanks. We all have bad days- and that's ok 😃
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Congrats! That’s awesome
  • stormdancer4

Thank you 🥰
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    "I have learned that you must never give up and a slip is better than a surrender."

I think this is a very powerful statement, @stormdancer4!! Fantastic job on your weight loss😊🧡
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Great post. Thanks for letting us share in your success and happiness. Well done!
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Brilliant @stormdancer4....Must feel epic! I particularly resonate with eating healthier than ever before and struggling with exercise. Only a bit in for me and have had “slip ups” already....posts like yours are spurring me on. Thanks & wishing you luck with your future goals 🤞

• ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Amazing! Way to go!
  • renaedar
    renaedar Posts: 626 Member
    I can really relate! Sugar has been my enemy but it does not define me. Keep up the fight!
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Congrats and great job. I love ur saying "a slip is better than a surrender", I will be following that saying when I feel like giving up. Thanks.
  • stormdancer4
    Thank you

• stormdancer4
    You are my "hero of the day". I am 4 lbs. away from losing 100 lbs. since 7/16/20. I know how you feel, and KNOW you will reach your final goal. Your words of wisdom in your post have resonated with my soul, I feel as though we are kindred spirits. Continued success on your journey. You have a friend/comrade in the quest for a healthy life style. <3

Well done you are so close to that incredible milestone and have a wonderful positive ethos
    Thank you 🥰

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    MFP Rockstar! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!