Living the Lifestyle: Thursday, 04/01/2021

misterhub
misterhub Posts: 6,170 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday - whathapnd (Emmie)
Wednesday - newmantjn (Todd)
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday - Al_Howard

Today's Topic: Foolish Diet Approaches

What are the most foolish diets you've personally encountered? If you are willing to admit it, what is the most foolish diet you've applied to your own efforts?

Replies

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,933 Member
    Diet cookie and probably grapefruit diet.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,233 Member
    The Cabbage Soup Diet. I did it a couple times in my 20s, and it delivered the promised results. But I remember nearly passing out once while on it. My starting weight on that diet is a weight I can't imagine attaining now.

Although I'm thankful the diet gave me a good starting point for learning how to make a good batch of veggie soup.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,764 Member
    My own homemade “only green food after 6 PM”. That one had a short shelf life.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,873 Member
    Atkins and South Beach. No where near enough veggies.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 721 Member
    There are plenty of foolish, crazy diets out there. One of the craziest I've run into is the Blood Type Diet. I worked for about 10 years as a Blood Banker. During the heyday of this craze we would get a number of blood donors who wanted to find their blood type in order to follow this diet.

I've only followed two diet plans, Weight Watchers and American Heart Association, although AHA isn't a plan like weight watchers. Tracking food intake has been the most important contributer to successful weight loss and maintenance. When I don't track I'm not successful.

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    Atkins.

But foolish? I think I bought a bottle of pills once at a “health food” store. Maybe even took 1 or 2. Then I think I bothered to do some reading. I already had HBP. Those pills were not for me. Highly foolish.
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    I did one that was set up for a week. I only remember eating cottage cheese, tuna and hot dogs, and I'm sure it was much more about the tiny portion of food then the food choices.