WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Madlyncarr: Welcome! You can do this. Let MFP set you calorie goals. Measure portions, and stop by often to give and get support. :star:

Michele: Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Heather: Enjoy your singing. :heart:

Yesterday was vaccination #2. I woke up without a headache this morning! WIN!!!

A dear friend is retiring from the school district where I taught for many years. We’re having a retirement celebration at a restaurant where I have never been. I HOPE I don’t get lost. It has been a very long time since I went anywhere near there. I hope I don’t get lost!

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Hey Ladies, welcome to April!! Thank you Barbie, as always, 💖👍👊 for starting us out on the right foot.
    Not too swollen from all the salt in the ramen meal. Today is mammogram. Oh joy...

💖 Rebecca
    No goals as of yet, but I will come up with some.
    Whidbey
    Washington

I have my mammogram tomorrow-will be glad when that is over- they aren't as bad as the first one- now it is just in ,squish squish squish squish and done. back home in less than an hour usually(depending on parking) Got my PAP done, results back and good for 3 more years.
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Again, thank you for all your warm words and prayers for my DGD

Barbie Thank you for starting the month off right. Your dedication is amazing

Katla and Sue I hope that you can ride whenever and wherever you want very soon. Winston Churchill once said that "no hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle". Very true.

To everyone who is celebrating with or without family or friends, by computer, or in person, a very happy Easter or Passover to you. As the president said, for too many, a seat around the holiday table will be empty this year. Let us remember the lives well lived and know that the time will come when we can properly rejoice, together, as family, friends, a nation, and the world.
  • Just_Gran
    Just_Gran Posts: 2 Member
    Hi from Kim in Brisbane
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Tracey--I agree, I feel I know people on here better than, anyone else and consider you great friends. Thanks for being my friend.

Thanks, Barbie for getting us started on the new month.

Karen--Thanks for sharing the hat lady. Loved seeing all the different ones.

Katiebug--Sorry to hear things did not go as well this time. Sending prayers and hugs for a better month, April.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Karen Heather Flea Kelly Wow. I love the hats. I have some lovely hats that I still wear in Europe where I purchased them and where I used to live. I wish that we wore them in the US more often. The only time I wear them in the States is in the spring or summer to keep the sun off my face, but rarely the very pretty ones, just plain tan woven straw. Maybe we all should start a trend. Pretty hats winter and summer.

I have been going to a dress shop in the city for many years (or did before last March) that has beautiful professional, party, formal, and holiday clothes, jewelry, accessories and hats. No casual clothes at all. One day, two ladies were having a disagreement as to who would get to buy a certain outfit because they did not want to wear the same thing at church. The owner whipped out her customer book and told them that someone else in their church had already purchased the outfit. Both were disappointed! She keeps careful customer purchase records and always asks where the outfit will be worn, whether as everyday office apparel, courtroom appearance, business function, or formal wedding.

I can hardly wait to get back into dresses again at which point I plan to burn all my leggings and tunics and long sweaters, or pass them off to worthy young ladies for use as costumes. I hope that when we all return to our previous place of work, that we will dress up rather than adopt athletic wear :s as appropriate business apparel.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    :)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Hey Ladies, welcome to April!! Thank you Barbie, as always, 💖👍👊 for starting us out on the right foot.
    Not too swollen from all the salt in the ramen meal. Today is mammogram. Oh joy...

💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I have my mammogram tomorrow-will be glad when that is over- they aren't as bad as the first one- now it is just in ,squish squish squish squish and done. back home in less than an hour usually(depending on parking) Got my PAP done, results back and good for 3 more years.

I always tell the technician, I really don't like the combination of wearing the upper gown, and moving, and her manipulation, so I just tell them straight up, " I am just gonna leave the gown off, and you can move me every which way".
    I had a pap back in 2018 so I am not sure if I need one. The doctor did say something about my last pap when I'm 60, in two years.
    This was a 3D imaging machine, so she told me to just relax and breathe. Took me a couple of moments to do what she instructed, so used to holding my breath in past procedures.
    Well have a positive boob squish tomorrow!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    How great Lisa, that he's sending you cute photos. I hope his 8 month contract goes well.👍💖. My eldest sent me pics of him on an empty military plane, when him and 7 others flew on a military plane to San Diego last Dec. Then he sent a video of his private room at his hotel. He's such a man/child.💖
    Rebecca
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    Hi. Thanks for the new thread, Barbie!

I had a great horse back riding lesson. We put rings on a pole. Even if it was only at a walk, it was fun. I ride like a scared old lady nowadays.

My diet has been bad all of March. I've got to break this streak. Exercise is not going much better, and now pollen season is here. So I guess it's dumbbells and marching in place.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member

💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I always tell the technician, I really don't like the combination of wearing the upper gown, and moving, and her manipulation, so I just tell them straight up, " I am just gonna leave the gown off, and you can move me every which way".
    I had a pap back in 2018 so I am not sure if I need one. The doctor did say something about my last pap when I'm 60, in two years.
    This was a 3D imaging machine, so she told me to just relax and breathe. Took me a couple of moments to do what she instructed, so used to holding my breath in past procedures.
    💖Rebecca

here they don't offer a robe or anything- just tell you to take your shirt and bra off while they are setting the machine up. Then, get dressed while they process it- by the time I am dressed she tells me if they are clear/not blurry so the tech can read it- then I am done.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Thank you Barbie. Welcome to April....

Betsy in NW WA
  • Whidislander

💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

💖Rebecca

here they don't offer a robe or anything- just tell you to take your shirt and bra off while they are setting the machine up. Then, get dressed while they process it- by the time I am dressed she tells me if they are clear/not blurry so the tech can read it- then I am done.

Yours sounds more easy peasy than mine!
    😋👍
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Work today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the rebounder.

M – I see that I’m scheduled to work next week on Mon and Wed. I guess we shall see what Monday holds. If someone doesn’t talk to me, I’ll talk to the store manager, tell him that I realize this was a “work in progress” job. He said before that he wanted customers seeing us cleaning carts – is this still the expectation?

After work made yogurt, put a load of laundry in and then went to Aldi. I really should get to cleaning the windows since it’s cool right now. This way, at least that is done when it gets warmer and I can work outside. Now to motivate myself to doing it. Update: did the windows in the two back bedrooms and have the step stool in the living room to do those windows, probably tomorrow. Maybe I'll even get to others?

KJ – To be honest, I’m really not looking so much for a job. This works well for me, I actually sometimes walk there so it’s a close drive. 4 sometimes 4-1/2 hrs a day 2 or 3 days/week work for me. I’m not looking to make a car payment or anything like that. So what will be will be. I was talking to this one gal today and she said to me that they really don’t have a reason to fire me (except maybe if I was hired on a grant and that grant has run out). I would think they’d at least have me get things ready with the carts in the morning and then maybe do other work. I guess we shall see. Why they would keep some people is beyond me. The gal who was supposed to be there after me I understand always comes there late. Today there was this one guy who came to work who I swear looked like he had his pants down and the only reason you couldn’t see his butt crack was because he was wearing his shirt out of his pants. Oh well….. Maybe some of it also has to do with the bottom line. I don’t know what others are being paid.

Jess just called Vince and told him that Colby is really, really pushing her to do her residency in NC. I’m sure it’s because he’s thinking that he will be able to get a job in the research triangle area. I’m wondering if he’s feeling that now that Elon Musk is sending up all these satellites, he may be out of a job eventually. I just would think that being out in Iowa he’d have time to take some classes online and get a degree. As it is right now, his resume doesn’t even show that he has a Bachelor's. Of course, I really can’t say anything to him

Then she called to ask me for ideas of things to make for a party that she’s planning for Colby that are inexpensive and easy to make. I suggested a ham, a meatloaf, a pork roast, and a lasagna. I have a feeling she’ll go with the lasagna idea

pip – have a great time on your trip

Debbie – it’s interesting, when I had private insurance they wouldn’t pay for a 3D mammo. Now that I’m on Medicare, they do. Go figure!

Kim in Brisbane – welcome!

Bananas – the reason I took this job was because I’m more of a people person and having to be home all the time drove me insane. At least this got me out with people. So I really didn’t do any type of formal work before this.

Michele NC