walking app

Has anyone used the phone app Walkmeter? I have just put this on my phone as I have tried MapMyWalk, Strava and a couple of others and found that they do not record the route I have walked. I have tried Walkmeter tonight and so far it seems to have worked correctly. Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it or any other one that is better.

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    I use MapmyWalk and it does record the route that I walked. I even get a diagram of it with the name of the streets. I walk in my large gated community so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, and I also have Google Maps in the phone. MapmyWalk also records distance walked, average pace, steps, calories, duration, and elevation gain. All of it under "Summary," and if I click "Workout Analysis" I can see my pace at different minutes interval. Very interesting if you like to those details.

If you have any problem with the app, try to remove it from your phone and download it again. Maybe it will work better. I know that you can connect MapmyWalk with MFP too if you have their app. I only use the web version.

Good luck!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    I use adidas's gps running app (used to be called runtastic). I can gps map any form of motion. I use it for cycling, jogging and walking. Absolutely love it. It is quite accurate and I am addicted to storing the maps and it is quite motivational to see the trails and look back on previous outings.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I use Strava and it accurately records my walking or hiking route. Odd that it doesn't for you. I use the free version, too, not "premium".
  • Thoin
    Thoin Posts: 942 Member
    Has anyone used the phone app Walkmeter? I have just put this on my phone as I have tried MapMyWalk, Strava and a couple of others and found that they do not record the route I have walked. I have tried Walkmeter tonight and so far it seems to have worked correctly. Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it or any other one that is better.

Sometimes it can be a setting on the phone (for example locations is turned off) that prevents this or the app being buggy. I use to have a simple pedometer and it was just as good as any app I used, except it didn't show me where I walked of course.
  • cadillaccowboy
    cadillaccowboy Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you for your kind replies. Anyway I have tried this Walkmeter one for three days and done nine walks using it and it has worked perfectly so I am happy with it and have deleted MapMyWalk, Strava and will continue with this one as it does what I need to see, time and distance and mapping.