WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I had lunch with two very longtime and dear friends today. The friend who organized the lunch ordered for us, and it was wonderful to share a meal. We talked about old times, our now adult kids, and plans for future get togethers. Unfortunately, some of her choices didn’t sit well & I needed a restroom stop on the way home. Next time I’ll speak up. :ohwell:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Evening ladies
    Well got a nice surprise an edible arrangement, so i called because there was no name on the card.
    So i told you i was supposed to go to a brunch last weekend..which i didnt go to because of Covid.. the arrangement was from Duane..he is Toms first wifes,first husband if you got that.. they have taken me in as one of there own.guess marrying Tom brought me friends and family at the same time..i just wrote out a lovely thank you card,he told Sharon and Jen that if it was aloud he would have sat with me after my surgeries..the man is a gem..
    No naps today which is good,im guessing its the prednisone.. but thats ok..
    My DD just sent me a picture of all the meds she got in the mail.. they are trying IVF ,bless her im hoping for her sake it works..but having a 13 yr old and a newborn will be tough..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,288 Member
    Just a sore arm from the first Moderna shot, and even that isn't the galloping never-get-overs, much like the tetanus jab, just aches when I move. I expect it will be gone by the morning. Did feel exhausted all afternoon, but don't know if it was from the shot or not. Feeling better now, anyway.

Next appointment for second shot is 4/29... same bat time, same bat channel. :smiley:

Rebecca - man-child is a good name for my Johnny, yes. Utterly charming.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Allie - after all you do for everyone, you deserve someone like Duane. So happy for you. Hope everything works out for you DD. I know that heartbreak only too well.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 23min 10sec, 3.13ap, 84ahr, 128mhr, 7.70mi= 801c
    Strava app- 933c
    Other- moving trailer around- 104ahr, 142mhe= 93c

Total cal 894
  • Christory
    Christory Posts: 14 Member
    Here's to a new month.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    CSSJ09 wrote: »
    I can hardly wait to get back into dresses again at which point I plan to burn all my leggings and tunics and long sweaters, or pass them off to worthy young ladies for use as costumes. I hope that when we all return to our previous place of work, that we will dress up rather than adopt athletic wear :s as appropriate business apparel.

In Australia, when we work in offices, we dress up. I wear dresses or skirts most days and have done since we returned to working in our offices in July ... after the shutdown was over.

We do have casual Fridays, but even then it's not too casual. Lately I've been wearing casual skirts.

I have a couple hats - my favourite is a red cloche hat which I wear to events like when we go to plays or the symphony. My other is a black one.

e6ceefxsas7c.pngelul86ydyw3v.png

Machka in Oz
    Love the boa too!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Karen clearing and cleaning makes it easier to get at the things I need. They are front and center rather than having to move two or three things to get at what I need. I am also hoping it makes me much more careful about only buying what I need and when I need it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I can hardly wait to get back into dresses again at which point I plan to burn all my leggings and tunics and long sweaters, or pass them off to worthy young ladies for use as costumes. I hope that when we all return to our previous place of work, that we will dress up rather than adopt athletic wear :s as appropriate business apparel.

In Australia, when we work in offices, we dress up. I wear dresses or skirts most days and have done since we returned to working in our offices in July ... after the shutdown was over.

We do have casual Fridays, but even then it's not too casual. Lately I've been wearing casual skirts.

I have a couple hats - my favourite is a red cloche hat which I wear to events like when we go to plays or the symphony. My other is a black one.

e6ceefxsas7c.pngelul86ydyw3v.png

Machka in Oz
    Love the boa too!

Thanks! That was actually for a dress-up party at work ...

92qak5tb7byg.png
  • Machka9
    edited April 2021
    Action for Happiness's April Calendar is Active April!

05lw0thojz4w.png

On Thursday 1 April, I walked 4 km. :)

On Friday 2 April, my husband and I watched this video (not sure it will show up because it is a FB video) and talked about our amazing skeleton.

https://www.facebook.com/PilatesNerd/videos/216037802929581/

Machka in Oz
  • CSSJ09
    CSSJ09 Posts: 293 Member
    Machka The outfits are ever so stylish. Are those character shoes? Do you dance? What a fun place you must work.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka - You look great in those hats!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,960 Member
    It's my turn to be up all night. I was wondering if the caffeine in green tea would be enough to affect me. It's after two AM so the answer is yes.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    edited April 2021
    Machka The outfits are ever so stylish. Are those character shoes? Do you dance? What a fun place you must work.
    Machka - You look great in those hats!

Thank you!

No, I don't dance. I would like to learn one day but it is on the future list not the 2021 list.

I picked up the shoes at a place called Rivers. Rivers is a clothing and shoe shop: https://www.rivers.com.au/
    I've had a quick skim of the site and it doesn't look like they sell them anymore ... probably because they are the world's most uncomfortable shoes!!

We haven't done anything like this in quite a while. Definitely not in 2020 or 2021 and I haven't been involved in any of the social club events since early 2018.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    jtkdhi6dccd5.png
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    BARBIE thanks for April link x

MACHKA love your hats you really suit them. I’ve never found a style that suits me. DH loves to see women wearing hats so shame 🎩🎩

Weight still dropping a bit at a time but that’s fine.

Stay safe

Kate UK ❤️
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Just trying to catch up,at least a bit. CSS adding my good wishes for your Grand daughters good health. Matchka,thank you for the adding picture instructions. Rebecca,you have a lovely family.BTW,I do the mammo the same way.....get er done!

It’s so nice how a new month brings us all a new start!

Cleaning & sorting......tossing & giving away has made a huge difference in our house. Once DH got with the program,he has been a bear about doing more each day. He loves sorting & tossing food from the freezer,but guess I trained him right........he covers a garage counter,then asks which is toss or keep.We have a bottom freezer in the kitchen & now thinking of getting rid of the big garage freezer.Living on the edge of a city,most of what we need is readily available. No need for saving food like we are pioneers living in the wilderness ☹️

Karen,DH had a few “wishes” about how nice if family members would want to keep some of his treasures,going back a couple generations. But there’s no interest & now he says” it’s a different world. SO TRUE!
    For myself,never really got attached to things......so easier for me.

Allie,you have such good ppl in your life. Glad you are sleeping better.

Lisa,they are never too old to stop worrying about.Love your son is thinking of you with the rubber ducky pics.

Very cold last nt,in the 20’s. Woke with achy bones.......my hips protest!

Need to get caffeine free tea bags. Never expected to need caffeine free,but they proved me wrong! Ahh,the “wonders” of old
    age & other such sayings.
    Happy holidays to all. Pat C Ohio
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited April 2021
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: yesterday: take BP, dogs to powerline, 1 hr grooming Tumble, Tumble to dog group. Today: BP, bank, WalMart.
    Bonus: today: two more firehall email followups, a little grant research and 2nd Pfizer.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, Fri: Joe’s followup, ongoing: fire district: bake cookies for firehall, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), 2nd week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, bank to turn in pennies,
    Active April:
    1: Commit to being more active this month, starting today. Steps and dog training today. Some kind of strength training tomorrow.

Was feeling angry/sad/disgusted because weight went up 2.9 lbs, narrowly missed step goal by pooping out last night, and yuck waist measurement bigger by a half an inch. Then I thought of our Better Bones and Balance coach who recently lost his wife to metastatic cancer. She was a bright little sparkler and would have been so happy to be here today, at whatever weight/waist. Thankful now.

Lisa I had no idea that gophers chewed bark, just that they left nasty earth piles where they burrow. How do y’all encourage them to move on? :love: your son’s “my rubber ducky was here” pics.
    Oh Kay, so sorry to hear about your DH’s troubles. Healing prayers.
    Rebecca sweetly sleeping “snookums” aww. Count on you to notice Machka’s boa… ;)
    Welcome @Just_Gran Kim from Brisbane and @Christory !
    Katla you are so much more gracious than I. I would never allow anyone else to order food for me. :noway: :sick: :noway:
    Allie, loved your “Tom’s first wife’s first huband” story. He IS a gem. And so are you!
    Karen and Machka those hats really lifted my spirits.
    Margaret what you said about being “more careful about only buying what I need and when I need it.” Words I needed to hear.
    Pat C your DH is right about past generations’ family treasures. Somehow a little sad, think the pendulum will wait till it’s too late to swing back.

Got our 2nd jabs. Joe asked if my arm was a little sore, his was. He never complains so it must really ache. His hurts where he got the shot, mine just aches a little but in that whole shoulder/shoulder blade/upper arm quadrant. Taking it to mean it’s working, hooray!

March Summary and April Plan
    Improved steps, dogs.
    Weight and waist increased.
    Want to really be present with Joe at least once a day.

March results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 84%/90%, steps=average: 5582 vs 4814 step days:61%/36%, vits= 100%/97% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 87%/82% CI<250<CO= 61%64% Tumble 5/10= 77%/71% Shadow 5/10= 71%/90% mfp=100%/100% AF= 52%/54% outside= 77%/64%, up hill=71%/61% cleaning 88%/41%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3= 13% /0%, dance=0%/0% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=78%/50%, rx=100%/80% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=3/1
    Mar 31 145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31: 141.3 Jan 1: 145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3 Back to exactly what I was Jan 1 2020.
    Waist: 43 up from Jan 1 42.5

April resolve- Need to improve sitting with Joe, strength options, dancing. Alternate 12-15 mins T’ai Chi and BB&B with wii balance games.
    Daily: sit next to Joe for at least a little while, weigh, more steps than Jan average, vits, log, CI<CO, CI <250 CO, 5 mins training or grooming Tumble or Shadow, check in mfp, get outside, walk up hill.
    Weekly cleaning 2x half hour, BB&B, TC or SWSY x 3, dance x 2, rX and review 21 plan.
    Monthly: board and council meetings, grant progress.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>5627 6291 vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=1 Shadow=1 mfp=1 outside= up hill=
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW