Down 22 pounds in 2 months. Here's the routine. Feedback welcome

13»

Replies

• fitstrongfitlove
    fitstrongfitlove Posts: 58 Member
    I find these posts encouraging. My unsuccessful attempts were due to not enough accountability. I like your attitude of this is what I am doing and sticking with it.

I do not think fasting is for me, but I will admit that it gets the body into a rhythm that is necessary for weight loss. It's hard for me to loose weight if everyday, I am reinventing the wheel.

I also like that you are exercising but not eating your exercise calories. That is my goal, keep my activity level high (500+ calories a day) and then maintaining my caloric intake to 1300-1500 calories a day. I just started so hopefully, in two months, I can apply your success and make my own success post!

Thanks for posting this! It is very encouraging
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    Blakey1982 wrote: »
    Man. That's fast weight loss.

I think the combination of several factors are working in my favour

1. Complete accountability for every calorie I am eating.
    2. The elimination of late night snacking and the 12-18 hour fast. Which is really not that risky, having dinner at 6pm and then eating breakfast at 7am the next day is 13 hours, pretty standard.
    3. The alcohol deduction. I was having alcohol 3-4 days a week. I believe this made my body hold weight longer and my late snacking and cravings the next day were terrible. That's the catch with alcohol, you may only drink three days but with hangovers and cravings 6 days in a week could be impeded.

I am feeling optimism about this new way of life. I think that is important too, not identifying this process as a diet. This is a new lifestyle and I am feeling like a younger, better version of myself.

I'm kinda in same boat. Lost 20+ since jan 28.
    Every single thing I put in mouth is logged. Walking 4-5 times a week for about 20 mi/week.
    Adding in some strength work now and jogging.
    I dont drink, but carbs are my vice. Not eating 1/2 a large bag of peanut Speggtacular M&Ms should help....but I still really want them. They only come out this time of year!

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for your message. I have a few thoughts.

Great you don't drink. Alcohol really is an Achilles heel for many, including myself. What a feeling to not have alcohol in the equation.

I think enjoying carbs in a moderation is ok. I personally rarely hit MFP daily recommended amount of carbs, some days are close to zero. I do enjoy pizza and chips on occasion and the 16-18 hour fast after a meal of that magnitude helps immensely.

Load up on the M and M's and have them a few times a week. Eat what you love my friend.Track your calories for what you eat and perhaps make a goal of only having 600-800 M and M calories a week. I bet you will still lose weight if you eating a moderate amount of this or any food and continuing with a daily or near daily calorie deficit.

20 lbs in 2 months is amazing. Keep up the good work.
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    Janatki wrote: »
    Fabulous ... love the attitude of this being a healthier lifestyle choice for you! Continued good luck to you x

Thank you very much! All the best for your lifestyle goals.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Congrats.

For me that program wouldn't work. I eat at night to carb up for my workouts in the morning. So I do snack at night up to 10:30-11pm. And I don't cut anything out of my diet (except alcohol, but that's been since I was 28). I eat pizza, ice cream, burgers fries, etc. but count the calories. I too also workout 7 days a week, but most of my workouts are only 30-45 max. And I do take at least 13,000 steps a day.
    I started in March of last year at 218lbs. By September I was 180lbs. Have hovered around there the last few months, but have now started to kick off the last 10-15lbs.
    My calorie intake is at minimal 2200 calories a day to lose a pound a week. I have always adhered to CICO and teach all my clients the same thing. I don't believe in cutting anything out, but to be aware and discipline on how much you eat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!