LiLee's 2021 Journey!

LiLee2018
LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
New year... new thread!
Well, I'm a little late, but better late than never!
For any newbies looking for OMAD advice, this is NOT your thread lol. I am NOT OMAD any longer. I tried it for a short time, but it's just not the right fit for me and that's OK! I didn't want to admit that to myself before, but OMAD just isn't right for my journey.
But I'm still posting here b/c this place is awesome b/c of all the awesome people in it!

I broke down everything that's been happening since Christmas when I posted last on my old thread if anyone wants to check that out.
Quick refresher.
I started doing low carb CICO (calories in calories out). I ate whatever I wanted, but still tried avoiding needlessly sugary things or super carby high calorie foods like rice and pasta. It worked for a while and then the stress hit me and my motivation to keep counting calories just flew out the window. That motivation was still there, hanging on for dear life though.
My middle child's birthday rolled around earlier this month (March 9th) and I knew I had to get back to doing something after.
Couldn't keep up how I was going or else I'd be ballooned back up in to the 200s again in no time.

So here I am now, back to keto eating WITH calorie counting. I'm not really strict keto though. I'm mostly just worried about keeping my calories to around 1400 every day. With my food choices, it should be keto, but if it's not, that's ok too.
Like before, I made sure I wasn't going over 20-25g carbs a day. Now.. if I go over by a bunch just b/c I wanted lots of onions or tomatoes or something. MEH. No one got fat eating onions & tomatoes.
Also... Fridays have been kind of FFA days. Well.. sometimes.... if alcohol is involved lol. Fridays are my no tracking days. Still usually eat how I normally do, I just don't measure/weigh anything out. BUT if alcohol is involved or if I just want some damn fried chicken, I'll have it and get back to keto the next day. For now, this is more sustainable for me to stick with.

I didn't weigh myself until I was a week in to keto.

2021 SW: 181.6 (3/12)
Last week's W: 176.8 (3/25)

Not sure I'll be down this week. TToTM is right around the corner. FX for at least a not so bad weigh-in on Friday :)

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I am glad you opted to stay. We are cheering you on. You are doing good!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    So happy that you are staying ❤️ Before you know it, you will be in your 160s. Keep up the good work👍
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall!
    I really hope I can get to the 160's and beyond!
    I don't want to set a numerical goal for a certain time... even though it's REALLY tempting. I'll just say that by the end of the year, I hope to be WAY less than where I'm at now lol.
    Go in to 2022 needing a whole new wardrobe :smiley:

Just gotta keep telling myself though. Stick with it. Stick with it. Stick with it and just keep going!
    Exercise is still the boss I haven't figured out how to defeat yet though. I do like jumping rope and I REALLY need to start doing more weight lifting to build more muscle, but damn I do enjoy being lazy. It's just so nice when I can just veg out. lol

Also, think hormones are making me hungry right now. Yesterday and feels like today too. All I want to do is eat eat eat. If I go over in my calories some, I'm not too worried about it. Don't think I'll have a good weigh-in on Friday though, but well.. we'll see I guess!
  • jadepearl
    I hear ya about wanting to eat, and eat and eat some more :wink: I always feel like so when AF is around the corner or I am stressed up. I am opposite of you though, I need to see the numbers to push myself to try harder. I loss control when covid-19 came and we could only leave the house for 4 reasons, etc, etc, etc. I kept telling myself to get a new scale but whenever I do go out, I always forgot to buy a scale...hahaha! Oh well, what's done is done. Now I need to get back down to my LW of 52kg. Skipping rope is also a form of exercise and if you love it, just do that. I learnt that lesson...I never liked HIIT and that when all hell broke loose. So, now I am back to what I love - zumba <3 Keep up the good work! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Yassssss I'm so glad you're hereeeee with a whole new thread 😍😍😍 we GOTCHA 😈🤣😘

It's good to have a diary and support if nothing else and we love you being here 😍

Awesome progress so far and keep us updated on the Nom Nom Nom and the kitties too 😁
  • LiLee2018
    I'll have to start taking more kitty photos for you guys :) After getting fixed, they've chonked up a bit lol.

It's just getting back in to the routine of exercising that's so difficult for me. It's SO SO SO Easy for me to fall off the wagon. Any little blip and I stop and I just don't want to start back up and can't find that something in me to start it again. I know I need to do it and it's so easy to JUST DO IT, but I still find it so difficult and I don't fully know why.
    I'll figure it out eventually... or actually get in to a routine/habit that can't be so easily stopped.

Hunger yesterday was still pretty high, but not as bad as the day before. I had a HUGE salad for dinner. Filled up a big gallon size tupperware bowl (b/c we're fancy like that) and I ate it all! LOL

Thought my weight for sure was going to be in the 179 range this morning, but was pleasantly surprised to see 176.6.
    That's a 0.2lbs loss from last Thursday. It's not much but hell, I'll TAKE IT! Considering where I'm at in my cycle and that I'd normally be up a few pounds right now? How bloated I've been feeling and how much I ate the night before? Hell yes I will take that 0.2lb loss! lol

I did have some fried chicken for breakfast today though. One of those "The kids haven't eaten it and I don't want it to go to waste!" moments lol. A thigh, leg and a wing, so I guess not too bad? Well, if that was the ONLY thing I had eaten, it wouldn't be too bad, but I also just had some of the kimchi stew I made. Which isn't bad either since it's bone broth, kimchi, tofu... but that's been a lot of salt today so far.
    Dinner is supposed to be short ribs though. Yikes. I may have to save my portion for tomorrow and just have a big salad again tonight lol

Anyway... kids have been stressing me out today! They're all at an age where it's either "YAY we're playing!" or "That's MIIIIIIIiiiIIIiiiIIiiiIiiiNE!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! MoooooMMMMYYYYYYY soandso won't leave me alone!!!"
    And they have spring break next week. Lordy.... my poor sanity! lol
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hang in there! I'm sure it's super hard to have any kind of routine when you're at the whim of a whole family. Are the kids back in school physically? If yes then drop them off and immediately do your exercise routine...that can be your auto response and it'll become a habit.
    Nice job on the weight loss! So relieving when we think we gained and boom instant happiness when we actually see a loss >:) Hoping for a great new week for you <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    Dude I love a feeling bloated but still see a loss day!!! That means you've got even more to come off 😈😈😈 nice work!!!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing great!!!! Super glad to have you back and that you have found something that is working for you!!!
  • LiLee2018
    So Easter was well... a total fail food-wise, but back to it again today. Didn't track, and I did eat some of the rice noodle dish my mom made for me. Some of the noodles, but mostly just picked all the mushrooms and egg out of it lol. SO not exactly a low carb day but not too bad either.
    AF also finally arrived. Late. Wondering if it's b/c the steroid meds I was given made me spot some? I dunno but just glad it's finally here and want it over and done with.
    Feeling ok though. Tired, bloated, and achy but OK! lol

I'll have to be extra good with my food choices this week. Not sure what my hunger is gonna be doing but we'll see I guess.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Ugh AF blows I'm sorry love ♥️

I love embracing the off days....theyre gonna happen, that's real life so it's silly to only start doing that when you're in maintenance anyway 😘😘😘 form the habits now that you can live with forever, right? ♥️

Good work babe, keep it up ♥️♥️♥️
  • katjustkat
    Man...they sure set us up with all those holidays! I can't believe all the candy in the grocery stores every single dingle holiday. Nothing but aisles full of candy & chocolate...only the color of the wrappers change. It's pretty crazy amazing.
    So you're doing low carb too? Gosh it's the only thing that keeps me from needing more and more food. I def cannot talk myself out of something when I get that glucose frenzy in me. With low carb I'm in 100% control and never even tempted.
    Hope you have a great week, maybe try to stay busy out of the house <3
  • LiLee2018
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Man...they sure set us up with all those holidays! I can't believe all the candy in the grocery stores every single dingle holiday. Nothing but aisles full of candy & chocolate...only the color of the wrappers change. It's pretty crazy amazing.
    So you're doing low carb too? Gosh it's the only thing that keeps me from needing more and more food. I def cannot talk myself out of something when I get that glucose frenzy in me. With low carb I'm in 100% control and never even tempted.
    Hope you have a great week, maybe try to stay busy out of the house <3

Thankfully I can usually resist all that candy and stuff. My willpower was just taking a break on Sunday ;) lol
    Yep I'm low carb/keto. Mostly keto, but I'm not being super strict with it all the time which I think is going to be a lot more sustainable for a lifestyle change. I'm sticking to it most of the time, but if I want say... some fruit (strawberry season right now), or some bread or want to finish off my kids' fried chicken, or I visit my mom and she force feeds me b/c that's how she shows she cares lol, then I'll eat it. Calorie counting and eating whatever definitely worked for me too, BUT I did notice that I was having some inflammation problems.
    Sugar and me just do not mix well lol.

• katjustkat
    Great! Sounds like you figured yourself out :) I'm doing the same as you...keeping it 'defined' as low carb just so that I can feel positive and not mentally beat myself up for eating other healthy food. Like tonight...I'm making chili with beans and I'm gonna feel ok about it. I want to eventually push up the carbs till I hit that line of them not affecting my 'willpower'. I had been doing keto up till now incorporating omad...but it was protein, veggies and dairy. Coulda def gone over the 20 carb limit because of the veggies but not by much. Great, hope your week goes nicely :)
  • LiLee2018
    I'm stress eating yall. I plan on having a salad for dinner, but this is not a low carb day. Hormones mixed with stress.
    I just can't stand the bickering my kids are doing right now. Drives me up the wall when they start with one another. Thankfully we're lucky enough that they all have their own rooms so I can just separate them to their own spaces, but still... I can feel the stress just... there.
    I had myself some air fried chicken bites (little less processed chicken nuggets from Sam's that tastes like Chick-Fil-A chicken strips) and some french fries w/ sugar free sauces (G Hughes yum yum and some other one I can't remember the name of).
    Will have to keep dinner on the lighter side to help even the calories out.
    It's what I was eating when I was just counting calories before. Anyway... this is part of my sustainability.
    Like @katjustkat said.... I'm not going to beat myself up for going off plan. Now I will try to even things out like I said and try a bit better next time to not eat my stress away lol, but it's already happened. Moving along.
    I do really need to start exercising though. I'm going to start jumping rope again. I enjoyed it before and I would really like to get good at it. Good enough to do those little kick jump things and just make it more fun. I'm like way way way far away from doing that. I can barely get in 50 or so continuous jumps before tripping or needing to stop b/c I'm out of shape lol, but gotta start somewhere! I just gotta keep doing it and sticking with it so I can get better.
  • mistymeadows2005
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS beating yourself up AFTER the fact does NO good - however remembering that you wish you could undo it might help stop NEXT time. Everyone is different but personally, I know that if I give myself a "stress" excuse I'd be falling off the wagon every week and A: I'd never lose anything and B: it's not MENTALLY healthy to deal with stress by eating ANYWAY so a good habit to try to kick along the way <3

You've got this!!! Sustainability is KEY!!!
  • katjustkat
    Jumping rope sounds great! Maybe get the kids each a rope too so they can tucker themselves out. I had my kids join a swim team when they were young. They're 5 years apart so it was a sport they could do at the same time...just different lanes. I kept them too tired to fight ;) Also I would talk to them and tell them how I felt when they fought and how it stressed me out and made me sad. Kids listen, you might get through to them. <3<3<3
  • jadepearl
    Please don't beat yourself up. For me, I have bad days too especially when AF comes around. I just tell myself to do better tomorrow. Keep up the good work and continue your journey👍 You can do this❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks yall.
    Unfortunately, the last half of last week wasn't good food-wise. While I was still positive and motivated, I did let the stress build up and I did use food as my comfort. I don't think I overate a terrible amount, but what I was eating wasn't good and now I'm bloated up a bit b/c of it (180.2 this morning).
    I gotta stop myself next time.
    It's going to happen again, but I need to catch myself before it gets too bad and try to relieve the stress some other way.
    Not sure why stress eating is even a thing anyway since I know it's just going to set me back which is going to stress me out even more. Stupid brain! lol
    Next time... if I get stressed out... I need to do something productive instead of destructive for myself. Maybe I should stress clean and get this house cleaned up b/c lordy does it need it! lol ;)
    @katjustkat Thank you for reminding me! I've been meaning to get my kids jump ropes of their own and just never remember to do it. Ordered them some as soon as I read your post :) I really want to get my kids in to swimming.. or at least get them swim lessons. Not even sure if our YMCAs are opened up now. I'll have to look in to it.

Anyway... starting this week off with a bang though. Jumped rope after getting back home from taking kids to school. Not as much as I was doing before, but I want to take it slow so I don't burn myself out trying to do too much too fast.
    558 jumps in 12min 58sec. Still lots of tripping up and needing to stop to rest but I got it done :)
    I then came in and did a few arm things.
    Bicep curls 4 sets 15 reps with 5lb dumbells
    Inclined dumbell chest press 3 sets 15 reps with 5lbs.

I'll be adding in more arm stuff next time. I just didn't want to do too much on my first day back at it since I haven't done it in so long.

And yeah. Not really the update I wanted to type out, but it is what it is. I just gotta do better for myself next time. Catch myself before I let things get too out of hand and figure out other ways to deal with life's stresses.
  • jadepearl
    Great job with starting this week with a bang👍 Keep up the good work 👏❤️ Is it school holidays yet over there?