WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Lisa my mom had a red bud in their yard. Gorgeous tree. I see them occasionally here. It is a bit too cold for them same with magnolias.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited April 2021
    ALLIE,”I broke down and ordered discovery + ,im trying to be frugal .but with being in the house alot ,there is a ton of content..so with tax 5.31 a month isnt horrible..you can get it without adds but thats 2 bucks more.”“

ALLIE, Can I pick your brain about getting the DISCOVERY NETWORK? My Sis has it,but she has the “Smart” TV. I know nothing about that. A friend is using ROKU to hook up DISCOVERY. Guess I just know nothing about the way to go. We have a regular TV . Did you have it installed or get it on line? Thanks so much for any info you can share.I agree,we all need some entertainment during the pandemic.

Pat C OHIO
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    Lisa, your man/child pic is PRICELESS!👍💖
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,926 Member
    mammogram this morning at 9:30, got my results emailed to me already- no lumps, just some "scattered fibroglandular density"- looked it up, not to worry about.
    Dentist Tuesday and then done with all medical appt. (except one for my eye I have to make).

Going to do an egg hunt with the daycare girl in a little bit- She isn't feeling great- allergies are kicking her butt.
    Need to figure out what I am cooking for dinner on Sunday- thinking fish(the one thing all three of us like.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,428 Member
    Today was sushi, a homemade red onion/diced tomato/ cucumber salad with Paul Newman's Own Italian dressing, a cup of coffee with a Frantz chocolate cream pie (in a package). It was all delightful.💖💖
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Tracey- she is 32
    Pat C- you can watch it most anywhere you can stream,tablet,phone ,laptop yes if you have a regular TV mighy not work.. but so far im enjoying it alot...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,185 Member
    edited April 2021
    Heavenly monkfish kebabs with brown rice salad. I made up a little sauce. :D

Tracey - He is 75. He gets frustrated that he can't do everything he used to. Since he bashed his head in the fall last July he has struggled, especially at night. This evening I suggested a wheel zimmer frame for the cruise, just to help him with balance at night to get to the toilet. I don't think he was impressed. He is very fit in general. At night he feels dizzy when he gets up and sometimes is wheezy. He has to get up four or five times a night. He does masses of exercise in the daytime.

I managed to keep my temper this afternoon when he was sitting in the living room watching football. Normally he goes into his study. I disappeared upstairs feeling very aggrieved, but I'm glad I kept quiet as he was watching his old team win.

We are going over to the grandchildren on Sunday for an hour or two in the afternoon in the garden. It will be chilly! I asked my son if he could provide tea and biscuits to keep us warm. He said, "only if you are good".
    :p:D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited April 2021
    Heather what do you think about the guess the place in the background game on hugodecrypt ? (for others, this is a french news video by a young guy (around 25 years old) that became an easy way to get the gist of the news during the 1st crazy lockdown, without having to spend more than 10 minutes).
    i found the background places annoying at first (too busy), but then i got into it. i think i guess at least generally at least half of the time even if i don't know the place (which is of course most of the time).

Heather, i'm sorry about your DH not wanting to go on cruise or travel home alone. If he did have to go home alone, perhaps you could plan to have him accompanied by professional person and or family. (like with kids or the physically or mentally disabled).

i can sympathize with you both.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 17min 30sec, 92ahr, 117mhr, 118elev, 3.56ap, 8.16mi= 757c
    Strava app = 988c
    Zwift bike trainer- 55min 11sec, 143ahr, 163mhr, 394elev, 16.3amph, 15.02mi = 506c
    Strava app = 307c

Total cal 1263
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Tucked in watching TV and relaxing.. darn it had to turn the heat back on ,i keep it on 62 and with the new unit,works great
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Allie - 32 is still young, I hope they are successful.

Heather - I was curious about Johnny’s age. My Dad had low blood pressure and it was quite noticeable when he stood up after laying or sleeping for long hours.

Karen - when I was 12 I helped my grandmother and her sister clean out their childhood home and outbuildings. That’s when I fell in love with old things. I now have a few pieces of furniture, some dishes, a curling iron that you heat by putting in the chimney of an oil lamp. I would decorate with all antiques if I could.

I’ve since cleaned that Grandmother’s house and my parent’s house. I have a lot more old things because of that.

I did a bit more education today 3.5 hours, it’s not a fun way to spend my days off.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,494 Member
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member

Did a DVD for the rebounder today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Defining Sculpt DVD

M – add me to the list of people who love your outfit

Heather – it’s so hard to see a person we love age. My heart goes out to you

Cut the grass and managed to get in over 5,000 steps. This morning fried fish for us to have next week, then to be sure it was cooked all the way thru baked it. After cutting the grass, put together a lasagna for Jess and Vince to have tomorrow. I will probably try a little bit.

Tracey – I would like Jess to do her residency in NC, but most of all, I want her to do it where she wants to do it. Sure, I’d love her to be in NC, but then again, the residency is only for a year. Who knows where she’ll be after that?

Played mahjongg online this morning. I really like it online. I don’t have to drive somewhere and that means more time to play! Then cleaned the windows inside in the living room, dining room, our bedroom and our bathroom. Next, downstairs. I told Vince that I would like to wash the curtains and need to really clean the windows in the sunroom, but I suspect that’ll mean that I’ll have to move my desk. Not sure how he has it all wired up, so I’m sort of leaving that up to him.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,926 Member
    Started my day walking (from the parking garage at Kaiser to my dr. appt and back) and ended my day walking with my friend for an hour. Just checked and I am over 13,000 steps already. Didn't think I would have that much.
    I would love to walk each day/evening but need to find someone to walk with- not into walking alone

Easter will be just the three of us, four if son's girlfriend comes over. I won't be cooking a lot- ham for husband, fish for son, (along with mac and cheese and deviled eggs for son), asparagus and then brownies for dessert.

Debbie
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😴🌜💛