WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: Congratulations on completing the Tamar 50!!! :star:

Barbara: DH needs ready access to the bathroom. We have two full bathrooms upstairs and a half bath on the main floor. There is always one that is available even when we have houseguests. Our niece is getting married in a couple of months and I think her parents may stay with us for a day or two. They will be welcome. :flowerforyou:

Karen in VA: When I think of copper, I think first of copper pennies. I have a shiny copper bracelet tucked away in a jewelry box. It was my mom’s. It was supposedly useful to protect against arthritis. She had a gouty toe & the bracelet was not a help for her toe. Her hands were gout free. She had a piano that is now in my home, and she played by the hour. I think that the piano playing kept her hands flexible. :star:

Rebecca: I love your photo of Athena. :heart:

I peeked out the front window and saw fishing boats all over the place. It is salmon fishing season. I hope our friends are successful.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited April 2021
    Morning or afternoon wherever you may be,went down to Pharmacy to pick up prescriptions. Now waiting for Dan to get out..
    Tom called from the road wantingnto know if i could get Homer to.the vet for his fatty tumor operation. I said yes and im sure they will keep him all day so that he can pick him up..
    The grocery store is hopping but its the day before Easter so it figures..
    I texted Trudy at 11:45 this morning and i think woke her up,she didnt get to the hotel until 4 am Alaska time and it was just starting to get light.. I hope she has a wonderful time..
    My friend Leah who watched Alfie while Tom and Elena were in Florida stopped by with her 3 pups to drop off a tulip 🌷 for me,i thought that was so sweet
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I just had some deli turkey for a snack. I have 220 calories left for dinner and it's only 1:30. I suppose I better plan some exercise for later.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Its scary Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, that you can read what I'm not typing!!! 😂😂😂. As my Momma would say, "Pop a squat and sit for a spell, we'll sip wine, gossip and tell lies"! 💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Dr Katie: I'm sending good thoughts for your DH. Can your husband, or can you, call the doctor's advice nurse? (((hugs)))
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,388 Member
    Oh no Katiebug, 5 days without emptying a bladder is definitely a serious concern! I would be driving him to the ER! Hugs friend!
  • Katla49
    edited April 2021
    :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    Update on our kitty- staying over night at the emergency vet- some kind of infection/white blood count high, possible pneumonia . Estimated bill is $3400-3800! That is expensive for a formerly feral cat but can't let her suffer. She is one of my husband's favorites- he likes all 7 but is really attached to our deaf girl. She just looked so dad and pathetic when I woke up this morning. Not sure where she picked up what ever it is that she has, she is indoor only , unless you count the screened in catio.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Update on our kitty- staying over night at the emergency vet- some kind of infection/white blood count high, possible pneumonia . Estimated bill is $3400-3800! That is expensive for a formerly feral cat but can't let her suffer. She is one of my husband's favorites- he likes all 7 but is really attached to our deaf girl. She just looked so dad and pathetic when I woke up this morning. Not sure where she picked up what ever it is that she has, she is indoor only , unless you count the screened in catio.

Ouch! I hope she recovers and lives a long life. I've been there with my pupster. It was worth every penny to us. He has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but we had many more years together after the emergency pet ER/emergency surgery.

Hugs!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i must say other than getting Dan back and forth to work.. i have just stayed snuggked up,im cold so wrapped myself in a blanket,watched TV and napped.. im sure it wont help sleeping tonight but oh well..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did Firm hi def Sculpt DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Essential Pilates DVD then ride the recumbant bike some.

Jess called this morning. She’s not coming. Fortunately, she called around 6. We would have had to leave for the airport at 8. Seems she not only has an exam Thur but now they told her that any exam that’s scheduled for Monday has to be taken by Wednesday and she has an exam on Monday. She would have been going back on Wednesday. The bad (well, not so bad really) part is that I bought this expensive meat assuming she would be here and now she won’t. But, oh well, we’ll just have it

Debbie – I have made the sourdough waffles from the discard and they were so light and fluffy. I’ve never been able to feed the starter one day and bake the next. Usually I have to feed it once or twice before I can bake bread.
    When I first got my starter from King Arthur, they included a booklet that says that to revive a starter (which is what you’ll be doing) . To 113g of starter, add 113g of water (I use bottled water), and 113g of flour (I use unbleached all purpose but King Arthur says you don’t have to use unbleached). Let it rise (I usually leave it overnight). You may have to do this 2 or 3 times. When it has doubled, feed it once more and then you are ready to bake with it. King Arthur’s baker’s hotline is VERY helpful.
    I hope your kitty does real well. We have a kitty who is now deaf. Sometimes it breaks my heart, but she’s happy

Drkatie – (((HUG)))

Tried to put a jigsaw puzzle I made for a friend into the frame. First the puzzle was a TINY bit bigger than the frame, maybe 1/16 of an inch. So we cut it down. Then the backing for the frame was too thick and with the puzzle in the frame, you just couldn't get the back on. So we returned the frame. Amazon has one that I want Vince to look at.

Michele NC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    Machka- Great article on color. It wasn't what I expected it to be. I always think about colors because DH and I always disagree on color. Usually it is disagreeing on shades but sometimes we disagree on actual color (I say blue, he says green). I always assumed that people see color differently because color is basically pigment and light. And depending on how much light is let into our eyes (because all eyes allow different amounts of light in) will skew how each person sees that color.

Not just, what is your favourite colour but what is your favourite colour scheme, palette or range of colours? Ugh! I am an equal opportunity color lover. lol If pressed, under extreme torture, I would probably blurt out "RED!" as my favorite color. I am very drawn to red things. But I don't wear it. I don't (never have had) a red car. No red shoes or purse. No red rooms in my home or decorative accents. Maybe that is one of the reasons I love Christmas? I have oodles of red things everywhere, at that time of year. As a teen and young woman, I wore a LOT of black, white, and pink. As an adult, most of my clothing options have been blues, purples, black, and white. My home wall colors went from a warm palette of yellows/terra cottas to blues and grays. Cars have always been Notre Dame Green or Gold (DH's choices). When I chose color to put into my hair a couple of years ago, I chose green, turquoise, and purple. When I take those "What color is your spirit/soul/aura?" type of quizzes, I ALWAYS get yellow. I guess right now, I am in a cool blues palette/stage of life.

Mammograms/doctor stuff- It would be nice if they gave you a nice fluffy robe to wear when you visit the doc for check ups or the "big squeeze". I am always cold in those flimsy little gowns. Speaking of which, due to lack of insurance I haven't had a check up or "squeeze" in a couple of years. I need to find a direct care or mobile clinic, I am thinking. Any of you ladies NOT have insurance? Do you use a direct care MD or go to a mobile/free clinic?

KJ
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    REbecca- That Easter pic of Athena, from last year, is absolutely darling! Her little lips puckered! Oooooooo! :*
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,896 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Ouch! I hope she recovers and lives a long life. I've been there with my pupster. It was worth every penny to us. He has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but we had many more years together after the emergency pet ER/emergency surgery.

Hugs!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country

Tested positive for FIP- had to have her put to sleep- no cure and she was just suffering so much. We know we did what we could- paid for extra tests to see what was wrong- $2000 and still had to say good bye
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    edited April 2021
    Debbie - I am so so sorry about your kitty. They are so much a part of the family.

Making the lasagna we were going to have for dinner but I forgot to put in the oven. Normally, I would have made it ahead of time but I know that Jess doesn't like something that's made ahead of time, she wants it "fresh" (like what you get at Olive Garden is "fresh") so I held off making it until she was here. I had it assembled and was going to tell her that I was letting the flavors meld.
    Only she's not here. Now to take it out of the oven to rest

Michele NC
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Debbie - I am SOOOOOO sorry!

Okie