Calorie counting 501 - post photos of things that you just can't count

yirara
yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
edited April 2021 in Food and Nutrition
Right, this went slightly wrong. Got a lot more food delivered than I'd ordered and will be eating from this for I don't know how long. No bloody idea how to count calories, or how much to eat. Considering some of the rice is likely cooked in coconut milk I can't just count cooked rice either. This will be a very tough week for my OCD. But anyway: YUM!
g587dbc9febw.jpg

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    It looks delicious. :)

I have faith that you'll figure it out.

If not, Uber it on over to my place...

Oh, wait. You're in a completely different country. Oh well.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Did you say they gave you more than you ordered? Well, that was fortuitous for you. The guy who actually ordered it, not so much.
  • yirara
    It looks delicious. :)

I have faith that you'll figure it out.

If not, Uber it on over to my place...

Oh, wait. You're in a completely different country. Oh well.

Ha, it's a tiny little home delivery thingy where the owner cooks during the day and delivers in the evening. I'm not sure they're registered. But sometimes it's worth a little risk.

Oh yes, they delivered more than I ordered. I'd ordered beef rendang, chicken satay, gado gado and something with tempeh, and rice and desert. I was the last one on the delivery list, and got everything still in the bag, including 3 more bowls of rice :D
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Admittedly, I'm a bit confused with your sentence "No bloody idea how to count calories". If you don't usually count calories and log them, then you'll just continue not to count them. Not sure what the issue is.

If you meant you don't know how to count calories on this particular meal because you didn't cook it yourself, it's always going to be an estimate. Just find entries in the database that seem reasonable for each dish, weigh and log. Even if the estimate is a bit off, I'm sure it'll be more accurate than simply not logging it and pretending it never happened. ;)

(By the way, it all looks delicious!)
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    OCD tendencies do create a conflict at times when it comes to calorie counting!

My household is now myself, hubs, and 2 adult offspring (ages 19, 22). I make dinner on weekends, but the other 3 handle 4 weeknights & I bring home food once. They don't keep the detailed notes that I do when making food, and I don't really expect them to. So in some instances I estimate - and in others I have my own food. (Tomorrow for example son is making chili dogs - I've never been a fan - but I keep lowish cal chickens sausages in the freezer and will grill a couple for myself.)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This looks like a delicious problem to have!
  • yirara
    This looks like a delicious problem to have!

Doesn't it just! I'm still eating from it.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    0 calories.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Add each known ingredient a la carte.. some will be an estimate .. but better than nothing!

Rice
    Coconut rice
    Meat skewers
    Veggie spirals?
    Dipping sauce

• KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Right, this went slightly wrong. Got a lot more food delivered than I'd ordered and will be eating from this for I don't know how long. No bloody idea how to count calories, or how much to eat. Considering some of the rice is likely cooked in coconut milk I can't just count cooked rice either. This will be a very tough week for my OCD. But anyway: YUM

I want to face plant right into that picture!!