WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    Debbie - so Sorry about your furbaby.

My favorite color is blue, all shades. I wear a lot of blue but also like jewel tones.

Put horses out in the front pasture for the first time this spring. I don't think their jaws have stopped moving all afternoon. We will bring them in in a bit and maybe put them out tomorrow for a while. The grass has a high sugar content this early and we don't want them to have too much all at once.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Favorite Color(s) - I wear a LOT of red. My closet is predominately red, white and black. My house is mostly tans/beiges/sage greens with pops of red and other bright colors. I also love purple, it is still one of my favorite colors, but I don't wear it much. I also love yellow gold, as in jewelry :wink:. I don't look good in silver/platinum. It washes me out and makes me look ill.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Our Easter will be happily celebrated when we have both recovered from our second Phizer vaccinations. I am doing a bit better & DH is still dealing with the headache. His headache seems worse than mine.

I had a delightful lunch with two dear friends from my teaching days. I enjoyed seeing them both and had my very first raw sushi. We were seated outside of the restaurant and had the gift of pleasant weather. We were celebrating our friend’s retirement.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    edited April 2021
    thank you all for the sweet messages. Praying this is it for us- have had enough losses in way too short of a time period.
    blew it on eating today- it was that damn breakfast burrito- got it while waiting at the vet's(Carl's JR is right around the corner so we did a quick drive thru- husband worked all night and needed to eat something. He is diabetic and was feeling off. I didn't even barely think about the calories while I was eating it. Have not eaten that many calories in one meal in about two years, especially not breakfast which I usually just have tea.
    Had a ginger beer- haven't had one in a long time- checked the calories after- WOW, won't be doing that for a while, will cut it with seltzer and save the other half for another day- today I cut it with seltzer but ended up just drinking more- Had grocery store sushi half hour ago that husband had brought home yesterday- should have not eaten it- wasn't that great- now used up all my calories and still hungry
    Oh well- tomorrow is a new day

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Update on our kitty- staying over night at the emergency vet- some kind of infection/white blood count high, possible pneumonia . Estimated bill is $3400-3800! That is expensive for a formerly feral cat but can't let her suffer. She is one of my husband's favorites- he likes all 7 but is really attached to our deaf girl. She just looked so dad and pathetic when I woke up this morning. Not sure where she picked up what ever it is that she has, she is indoor only , unless you count the screened in catio.

Ouch! I hope she recovers and lives a long life. I've been there with my pupster. It was worth every penny to us. He has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but we had many more years together after the emergency pet ER/emergency surgery.

Hugs!

Tested positive for FIP- had to have her put to sleep- no cure and she was just suffering so much. We know we did what we could- paid for extra tests to see what was wrong- $2000 and still had to say good bye

So sorry!! :heartbreak:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 27sec, 111elev, 2.96ap, 80ahr, 115mhr, 6.35mi= 614c
    Strava app = 770c
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    latest update- Kitty tested positive for FIP- to cure, she was really suffering. We had to put her to sleep- $2000 for the treatment they tried, the testing and cremation. I stayed with her until she was gone- husband couldn't do it- he is really broken up over this- she was so close to him.
    apdj7b1fkr0x.png
    This is her with her twin brother-(he is the darker one) He is going to be lost without her

Debbie

So sorry for your loss
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :'(<3:'(Debbie, I am so sorry about your kitty.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Debbie- my condolences never easy losing a fur baby.. I am nervous for Homer he is 15 and will have a fatty growth taken off on the 14th..
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,940 Member
    Debbie, I'm so sorry about your kitty. We do love our fur babies so.

Rebecca, in a spoiler since it's kind of TMI.
    we've been to the ER and the Urologist. He had a catheter at first. Now he is doing something called intermittent self-catheterizing. He does what he can then caths to finish it up. He can stop cathing when the majority is coming out on its own. They also gave him Flomax (I think that's the right drug) to help. My guess (from reading Dr. Google) is that there's some prostate surgery in his future. Part of the joys of getting old.

It will be sad to go to the Easter service by myself. At least the sunrise service is still virtual, so we can watch it together at home in our sunroom, which faces east. Last year, when we weren't meeting at all, we went for a walk for our sunrise service, but it is too cold this year. I am too wimpy. I have to wait on the sun to come out. The grandkids are coming up to the farm to hide eggs. I'll go up there, but Dave will probably stay home from that, too.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    Debbie – so sorry about your kitty
    Colors – I wear most colors except yellows and yellow greens, they just are not complementary for my skin tone. My home is navy and merlot in the living room, a wine bottle theme kitchen, the guest room is burgundy and forest green with Elk, my room is blue with quilted gardens, the sewing room is white with red curtains. Hard wood floors with braided rugs. It is interesting I am drawn to purples, but there are just some splashes of purple in the house and a bit in my clothing, but not a ton. It shows up more in my garden.

I am finding that my 2 days a week care giving with my mom is exhausting and affects my business. So far I am keeping my head above water. I have discovered in visiting more that her home is not as clean as I would expect of her… I think it is a combo of age and vision. I am trying to figure out how I will continue to help… she is very independent and doesn’t want help. My brother lives there, but refuses to lift a finger and she would not ask. He also has very strong opinions about what is “girls” work and “boys” work and housework is not for him – there is no talking with him, so far he has not been violent since mom broke her wrist, but he has a history that is less than good.

I got my first Pfizer shot on Friday the nurse suggested to avoid any side affects to drink 2 to 3 times as much water as you usually do and to move your arm a lot, I did both of those and without touching the vaccination site (as it is tender to the touch) I have no side effects. 3 weeks and I’ll have my second shot.
    Smiles
    Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Update on our kitty- staying over night at the emergency vet- some kind of infection/white blood count high, possible pneumonia . Estimated bill is $3400-3800! That is expensive for a formerly feral cat but can't let her suffer. She is one of my husband's favorites- he likes all 7 but is really attached to our deaf girl. She just looked so dad and pathetic when I woke up this morning. Not sure where she picked up what ever it is that she has, she is indoor only , unless you count the screened in catio.

Ouch! I hope she recovers and lives a long life. I've been there with my pupster. It was worth every penny to us. He has since crossed the rainbow bridge, but we had many more years together after the emergency pet ER/emergency surgery.

Hugs!

Tested positive for FIP- had to have her put to sleep- no cure and she was just suffering so much. We know we did what we could- paid for extra tests to see what was wrong- $2000 and still had to say good bye

I'm so sorry. I lost a cat to FIP about 25 years ago, as well -- It is a horrible disease.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Debbie What beautiful, sweet kitties. So sorry about your girl kitty.

:'( .
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Sunday -- nice recovery ride. :)

p204pqri3750.png

6udmgvpfgmpj.png

Machka in Oz
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    DEBBIE so sorry about your kitty 💔

HEATHER enjoy your meet-up with family today. Hope Jonny is feeling better. I sympathise, it’s hard to see a partner ageing.

Tom is definitely slowing down and I wish he’d take a little more exercise. He can’t walk too far or too fast because of his breathing. I tell him just 10 mins a day would help. We have a downstairs loo as well as upstairs bathroom, he uses that and I’ve said go upstairs more often during the day. Walk slowly to local shop for newspaper instead of driving. He’ll do it for a while but doesn’t last. He has done the garden digging and planting etc kneeling which I can’t do. He thinks that’s enough. I invite him when I go for a walk but he declines. That’s why I’m so anxious to go to Spain because there he walked every day. Well here’s hoping.

Happy Easter everyone 🐇🐇🐣🐣

Kate UK ❤️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Barbie: ~ Thank you for setting up this group.

I have had a busy week. I thought I had posted here but I can't find it 😂 Either 👻👻👻 in the machine or more likely in my fingers 😂 I will skim read the missed posts.

Machka: ~ Enjoy your time off. I thoroughly agree with the 'stand up and move' idea. I impliment it daily.
    Heather: ~ love the idea of the bonnets. Also like preparing my veg at lunchtime, as we Skype with family late afternoon and we can quickly turn them on to cook if the call runs over time.

We have had a great week enjoying time outside in the spring sunshine. Seed planting and potting up are going to plan. Our spring planters are ful of colour, and my magnolia is covered in pink buds ready to burst when the Sun returns. (We are forecast to have several days of dull showery weather.

Back later to catch up.

☘️ Terri