FitBit sync

I have connected my Fitbit to MFP. My Fitbit receives data from MFP such as weight and logged food. However my steps aren’t syncing from Fitbit to MFP. Any idea how to fix this? The Fitbit has been updated and synced. Yesterday I had 16,800 steps and MFP shows 0 and today, 5400 and MFP shows 0 again. I have “count steps” turned on to device and I have my activity level set to sedentary so I should be seeing a decent sized adjustment.

Thanks.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Issues going on - nothing you can do personally yet.

Just to confirm since you do have accounts linked (food showing up in Fitbit) - you have Step Source set to Fitbit?
    Perhaps set to none, save, exit app, close it, log back in - set to correct setting.
  • Mine is not syncing either.
  • heybales
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056777832-2021-Messaging-Regarding-the-Status-of-our-Fitbit-Integration

As our members who use their MyFitnessPal account linked to Fitbit have been aware, we have had some sync interruptions in January and February of this year, and years past. Our team is working to make large scale plans to investigate and address the root of what is causing our Fitbit integration to get overwhelmed. This will be a long-term investigation that will continue throughout 2021.
  • banders8691
    banders8691 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2021
    My fb did a sync with mfp yesterday but not Saturday or today 😩. Please fix!
  • heybales
    My fb did a sync with mfp yesterday but not Saturday or today 😩. Please fix!

Did you read the post right above yours?
  • vwood0313
    vwood0313 Posts: 1 Member
    Same for me, fitbit problems. It would really help to reach my goal if i could sync the two.
  • Stubbieschallenge
    Stubbieschallenge Posts: 1 Member
    I'm also having the problem syncing Fitbit to MyFitnessPal. Since this seems to be an ongoing problem, one that you seem to be trying to deal with, is there anyway we can manually input our steps into MyFitnessPal?
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm also having the problem syncing Fitbit to MyFitnessPal. Since this seems to be an ongoing problem, one that you seem to be trying to deal with, is there anyway we can manually input our steps into MyFitnessPal?

This post was last updated April, 2021 - my integration has been working for several weeks with no issues. Try the following: 1) make sure your steps are synced in Fitbit app; 2) After a couple of minutes, check on MyFitnessPal. If the steps in MyFitnessPal do not match your watch and the Fitbit app, open your MyFitnessPal app on your mobile device and go to Sync under "MORE" and sync the app. 3) re-check your steps in MyFitnessPal app. This solves 95% of problems that I have. When this doesn't work, I wait longer and repeat. If I go 6-8 hours, I'll go to forums to see if others are having the issue. If so, I wait longer. Otherwise, I remove and re-install integration app.

Hope this helps. Again, I rarely have to go past "Sync" on MyFitnessPal mobile app.