Activity level

Options
If I run between 6-12 miles a day what would activity level be, Active or very active?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is meant to reflect how active you are NOT counting intentional exercise. So not a clue really, since you haven't given any information about the rest of your daily activity 🙂
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the site.

Good explanation from goal06082021 above, but I'll just leave this here, it's a link to the Help, "How to use this App" page. You can find "Help" at the top of any page. :)

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001951372-Using-the-App

On that page you'll find the "How Does MFP Calculate My Initial Goals link"

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If I run between 6-12 miles a day what would activity level be, Active or very active?

The same as if you ran zero or 26 miles a day as it's nothing to do with exercise.
    Think of your job and general movement for all your waking hours when setting your activity level.

Instead of a more common TDEE site that estimates your BMR and multiplies it by a combined exercise and general activity multiplier to give you a same every day calorie goal MyFitnessPal estimates your BMR and then multiplies it by a general activity multiplier ONLY to give you a calorie goal for a day with no exercise.

Which means you log your exercise after the event (instead of in advance like the TDEE calc) and get a variable daily calorie goal.
  • bethxx1234
    bethxx1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Would you say I’m active I walk 10,000 steps nearly everyday part from when I’m off work for two day then I go under tad! I workout five times week for one hour a day would you yes I’m active or classed it as light active! I want to know because I set up as I’m thinking I’m quite active as I’m on the go quite often even if I haven’t got my step in
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,182 Member
    Options
    The working out doesn't count for the set-up if you log your exercise. It's really just focused on your daily activities, like work, and is referred to as "NEAT" which stands for "Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis." At least that's how MFP works.

What makes the most sense is to go through the set-up, then log completely and honestly for several weeks and then see if your results are what you would expect. After that, you can adjust your goal.

Welcome to maintenance. It's just the same as losing weight, it's just that you get a few more calories each day.