NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Glad that your colonoscopy went well. Good job on getting so many steps. :)

@theslightedgeforever I did all the finances in my last marriage and in this one I love that I don’t have to worry about it. His bookkeeping skills are off the charts! As his desire to always stick to the budget. :| Sorry about your osteoarthritis diagnosis. Hopefully doing exercise to target it will help. You just have to do them! ;)

@cbabie That is great that you took your baby girl to the park! Have you got your shot yet? DH keeps saying he is going to sit down and hunt it down for us, but so far it hasn’t happened. We just be living on a prayer in this house! :D Yeah, I don’t know if I will brave enough to wear shorts out in public but around the house, I will for sure this year. Maybe when I’m cleaning the church.

@trooworld Does your dog always sleep with you? That might be a partial explanation as to why you don’t sleep well. My girl has her own nice little crate in our room that she loves sleeping in. I hope you get some answers with the sleep study kit. :)

Hi everyone! Today has been great! First, I found 20 lb. dumbbells at Walmart. They only had two and they went straight into my buggy! :grin: There was this 40 lb. kettlebell that I wanted too but I will have to wait until DH also thinks that it’s a good idea. He is worried I’m going to hurt myself. AND he does have a valid concern. :D Today, was day two of the great closet cleanout and DH got to get in on the party. The man believes he owns wayyy too many clothes and that he only needs 2 of each item. That didn’t happen, but we did donate quite a big of things and that made him happy. Tomorrow, I’m going to the dentist and then will come home and finish up the organizing. It’s going to look so nice and be ready for my first shopping trip next Tuesday. Although I did already ordered two shirts from Belks that were a size large because the reviews said they ran large, and they did and fit perfectly. One of them is getting worn on Easter. So excited! :grin:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,782 Member
    @theslightedgeforever 100%. It's helping to lower my goal. I'm glad you had a good book discussion. That's true, we do hear more about Europe during that time period. 4-5 times a week is pretty good. I think a lot of people slack on physical therapy even though it can really help. What do you think is causing the overeating? Sorry about the gain.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, he always sleeps with us. Yeah it is partly to blame for my waking all the time but my husband would never let him sleep anywhere else. :( I wish I could crate train him. That's great that you found 20# dumbbells! That's good you are being careful about the weights. I hope you have fun shopping, that's always a good time!

Hi all. I slept even worse last night because my husband was snoring and I had this gear on for the home sleep study! At around 11, I went out in the living room and slept on the couch, I was so frustrated. I still didn't sleep that comfortably because of the gear but at least I did sleep. My husband almost never snores, thankfully. Today, I get my 2nd COVID shot. I can't wait. I hope I don't experience any side effects.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Yes on doing my therapy exercises. I have always hated doing floor exercises. Now it's hard to get down on the floor to do these. I still don't think the osteoarthritis is causing my problem. Maybe injuring my knee 6 weeks ago exacerbated it. If I sit 30 min and then get up I can't walk on leg without severely limping for about 3 steps then it seems to loosen up and then I can walk. My mother would say, then don't sit.........

@trooworld Yaaay on your 100% I got 50%. I've only been over on calories once this past 7 days but points, I only hit it one time OP, then carbs I hit 3 times OP. Not planning ahead and then keeping track of my carbs/points before I eat dinner. If I were you, I'd keep poking and kicking dh in the middle of the night and blame it on the dog. If you can't get good sleep, he shouldn't be able to either. lol My hubby used to snore really bad. Earplugs work great. But I noticed he hasn't snored this past year like before. Maybe losing some weight helped him.

24 over on carbs
    No cardio or weights
    Did some therapy exercises.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Evening all, I can't believe I missed getting on here yesterday. I have been crazy busy, but I seem to be coming out of my funk, so this is a good thing. Yes I have tracked, but I have been so way over. I am working on trimming as my dear sister calls it. LOL

@theslightedgeforever good for you for doing therapy exercises.

@TeresaW1020 Yea on decluttering your closet. I need to do it again.

@trooworld So sorry you had such a hard night sleeping. I hope tonight is better....tell DH to go on the couch..LOL Well it wouldn't work in my house....thats why I go to the couch...lol

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got 100% yesterday, too. Ah I see. Yeah, it helps me a lot to plan out what I'm going to eat for the day. LOL to the sleep comments! Yeah, he has only snored once in the past 8 months or so. That's good your hubby isn't snoring like he used to.

@cbabie That's great that you tracked, even if you went over. Well done! I'm also glad you are coming out of your funk. I *thought* I slept better last night but looked at my sleep scores and they were worse. I also feel really tired but I think part of it might be the vaccine. LOL...I didn't want to wake him because the dog wakes him all night long and he doesn't wake me for that!

Hi all. I'm really tired, I think from the vaccine I got yesterday. My arm is a little sore, too. I'm going to take the day off from work to recover. I'll be sleeping and reading all day long. Sounds like a dream to me! ;)

• theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie Trimming is good. It's like pruning trees and plants. Getting out of a funk is a really good thing. I think me too. Not where I want to be but getting closer. I just realized it's a new quarter and need to make my Q2 plans.

@trooworld Yes, planning is the key. Part of my funk. Part is that dh is home all day and he sometimes changes my plans. I have days where I will stick to my plan and then I have days like yesterday where he says, I feel like some ice cream and I say Oh that sounds good. The good thing we do is never buy ice cream for the house or we would eat it all the time. I did that before. It's not ice cream that keeps me fat. Sleeping and reading all day is a dream. I got 25%. Yaaay on your 100%.

Food- 6 points over
    Exercise- 15 min walk 37 min therapy exercises
  • TeresaW1020

@theslightedgeforever Funny but I also thought, “then don’t sit if it hurts.” I’m as bad as your mom! :D

@cbabie That is great that you are coming out of your funk. I hope it continues! <3

@trooworld Yeah, I don’t know what advice to give if you are going to keep sleeping with your dog. Guess you can get separate beds for your husband and dog. Kidding!! But at least it would keep you off the couch. :grin: How long do you have to wear the sleep study gear for?

Hello! Not sure why I didn’t check in other than I was super busy yesterday. I had a dentist appointment and then I finished up the closet. It’s so organized now!! DH and I are going shopping on Tuesday and I’m looking forward to trying on things to see what fits and find out what style is now that I’m down over 80 lbs. :grin: The three of us have our Covid shot scheduled for next Wednesday. I’m glad that we can get it and be done with it. I just hope that the second shot doesn’t kick our butts too badly. I do know that once we are all done, I am going to stop wearing my mask unless a store makes me put it on. :grin:
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Hi All! Sorry I’ve been MIA. I’ve been in a funk. Got my first shot today and shot didn’t hurt but now arm is, tired feeling like I have a cold. Yuck! Going to keep hydrated and get lots of rest over the next few days. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Evening...I just don't know where the day goes. I did get on the treadmill today and I am still on track, tracked all day. I didn't eat PB and it allowed me to eat 3 chicken strips from Arby's. LOL I can't believe Easter is here. This year is going fast.

@gemwolf110 I hope you feel better, good to see you.

@theslightedgeforever That is my life...if it's not DH, it's Baby girl, if it's not her its my DD..I am learning how to try to work around them. LOL LIke today baby girl wanted to go with me to the treadmill but she can't it's on the other side of the pool fence and I can't watch her and walk. LOL She threw fit, I got her in the house and distracted and then went outside to walk and DH watched her. LOL Keep trying, you are getting back to you!!

@TeresaW1020 Good job on the closet, want to come do mine? I went out today looking for a dress for Easter, I haven't bought a new dress or new anything in years...they all look frumpy to me.. I like the tailored look..LOL Enjoy shopping!

@trooworld I hope you feel better, and maybe it just is the shot and tomorrow you'll have more energy? LOL Glad your considerate to your DH...Mine would wake me up.LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Before he got on WW, my husband used to do that, too. Now, we stick to the plan most days. That's good that you don't buy ice cream for the house, that is dangerous. I got 100% yesterday again. How's your knee feeling with those physical therapy exercises?

@TeresaW1020 LOL I might enjoy having a separate bed but that's also a no-go. I only had to wear the sleep study gear that one night (thankfully). I should find out the results in about 10 days. I slept horribly last night, I was too hot. I know you will be glad to get the shot lol. I hope you don't experience any side effects either.

@gemwolf110 Yeah that's how I felt with my recently-received 2nd shot. Sorry you have been in a funk, do you know what is causing it?

@cbabie Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Yeah, I think it's the shot. I have a headache today, it's pretty bad. But I'll sign in to work. My DH would probably wake me up, too lol.

Hi all. My head is pounding. Not sure if it is the weather or the shot. I'm up +0.2 lbs this week. It's not a surprise. I know what I need to do (be better about staying within my points) and do it. I slept poorly again last night because I was so hot.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 That will be exciting to do some shopping and see what kind of clothes fits the new you. You have worked so hard for it. See what I had growing up? lol What happened to let me kiss your boo-boo and make it better.

@gemwolf110 Funks are hard. I'm just climbing out of one. 75% there. I had a slight indication that my knee is getting better today. There were times I didn't even think about it. It's been about 6 weeks of me thinking about it. I keep trying to do my exercises. Just try and think about or be around some little things that bring you joy. Everyone seems to have a different reaction to the shots.

@cbabie Play for baby girl the Rolling Stones song: You can't always get what you want..... It's a good lesson to learn at an early age and will help you through these next 16 years. That's good that you put yourself first and found a solution so you could walk. I don't like the clothing styles right now. Might just be me. Reminds me of those dresses Mama used to wear on Carol Burnett show.

@trooworld Knee is just a bit better today. I'm just being extremely careful not to hurt it or step wrong. That's good that you and dh are doing the plan together. I don't like doing plans with dh. He's too black or white for me. God made the color gray for a reason.

Stayed OP
    Exercise-Rest Day other than about 5 min of therapy
  • gemwolf110
    @cbabie thank you! Definitely feel better than I did last night. Still feel yucky. Keeping hydrated, resting and having soup.

@trooworld i think it’s just rethinking my career path. I’m very dissatisfied with my job along with other things. Just think I’m in the wrong field. Considering going back into the sciences.

@theslightedgeforever glad to hear your knee is feeling better! I’m so thankful for my dogs and family they are the best and keep me grounded.
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 Yeah, I get my shot next week and I swear my arm is already hurting from what I’ve heard from others. I hope you feel better soon and it’s good to see you popping on! <3

@cbabie Did you find an Easter dress? I agree that clothes look frumpy, and the current styles are terrible. I’m super annoyed by it now that I want to go out and buy cute clothes! They better get better before I reach goal weight. :grin:

@trooworld I am glad that we can get the shot. I just don’t want it to hurt or for us to get sick. And if we do get sick, I hope it’s me or my mom. My DH is the worst when he is sick. *fingers are crossed* Sorry about your head. Do you think it’s the change in weather? I had a terrible headache a few days ago when it turned really warm. And now we are back to being cold. Ugghhh! :#

@theslightedgeforever My mom wasn’t good at kissing boo-boos. If we weren’t gushing blood we got a pat on the head and told it would be OK, now go out and play. I might have learned a thing or two from her on being compassionate. :D

Hey everyone! I was happy to lose 1.3 lbs. this week. Slow and steady it’s coming off. I am a little concerned about this weekend because I am not going off plan. Tomorrow I’m making a big crockpot full of beef stew that we will have for the next two days. Along with yummy yeast rolls that DH bought. And I am making a Keto strawberry shortcake for dessert on Sunday. Oh, and there will be wine!! <3 But I do plan to fast and workout for both days and just eat dinner. That should help and I will be back on plan on Monday. I have spent most of the day doing tons of computer work for the church and other stuff on my to-do-list. Now, I’m going to go make baked chicken wings for dinner. :)
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever That's good you are being careful. Yeah, it's really helpful for my DH to be on the plan because he sabotaged me all the time, not on purpose, before he was on WW. That's too bad your DH is black and white. That kind of rigidness doesn't seem to work well with weight loss.

@gemwolf110 Ah. I see. Major life changes aren't easy but they can definitely be worth it! I made a career change when I was 45 and I do not regret it in the least.

@TeresaW1020 The first shot didn't really hurt much but my arm was a tiny bit sore afterward. The 2nd shot hurt more than the first, I actually said "Ow!" when she jabbed me. I do think it was the change in the weather and not the shot, although I think I was extremely fatigued from the shot. Your weekend sounds decadent but you can still lose if you work hard the rest of the week. <3

Hi all. My weight is stunningly low today and I know it isn't going to be that low tomorrow because I'm making an Easter feast today. @TeresaW1020, I see your indulgent dinner and I raise you: baked ham and "Million Dollar Mac and Cheese" and also roasted asparagus. And we are having "Captain's Vacation" drinks, which are a spiced rum drink with pineapple juice, diet 7-Up, and a splash of grenadine syrup. I'm going to try to just eat berries and yogurt at around 11 so I don't eat again.

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld Ohhhhhh my those Captain's Vacation drinks sound even better than my super tasty red wine! <3 I used to have me a real love for that spiced rum. The very first time my DH and I took a vacation together I drank way too much of the good old Captain and ended up telling him things that a new love really didn't need to know. I do believe I haven't touched the Captain since. :D

So, I too had a big whoosh on the scale. I was super happy but annoyed that it happened on the day I'm going on a two-day carb fest. But at least it's recorded so I know it really happened and it will happen again. I had our super yummy beef stew and yeast roll dinner and two glasses of wine. I really felt that wine hit me. I haven't had any in over a month. DH gave mom and me a chocolate Easter bunny. So, now I gotta eat that too! :p I'll be saving the rest of the wine for tomorrow. I am volunteering in the nursery for the 9:30 service and need to be on my A-game for those little munchins. :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 The Vacations are really good, refreshing, but sugary so you only want one or two! I love the good old Captain, too. It sounds like maybe it's a good thing that the Captain doesn't visit your house now lol! Congrats on the whoosh! I love beef stew. It sounds like you are going to earn the rest of the wine! ;)

Hi all. My Easter dinner came out really well, it was delicious, and I was able to eat just yogurt and berries for breakfast/lunch. My dog has managed to knock out the stitches that were holding his eye closed so it could heal so I need to try to get him into the vet's tomorrow morning. :( That was a bunch of money wasted and now there is a good chance he will lose his eye. I'm super bummed about both those things.

• gemwolf110
    Happy Easter!!
    @TeresaW1020 yippee on losing 1.3 lbs! It’s going to be a bit tough with Easter. The keto strawberry shortcake sounds yummy. And I hear ya I think my arm was sore prior to the shot because I knew it was coming!

@trooworld oh no about your dog! I hope not and maybe vet can save eye! Dogs have a way of getting rid of stitches. My Nasha girl decided to get around her cone and take out her spay stitches the day after her spay. I was terrified. Thank goodness the vet had put in tight stitches inside so nothing worse would happen. Good luck with the pup!

0cj3m3jbc1kg.png
  • trooworld
    @gemwolf110 Thank you, I hope so too. Yeah, I hope he can re-do the stitches. It will mean another operation, but oh well. Your pups are beautiful! So cute! Thanks for sharing.

Hi all. I did a bit of emotional eating yesterday: for breakfast, my husband made a Croque Monsier casserole and I had some leftover mac and cheese but I did not eat anything the rest of the day so when I got on the scale this morning, I had lost weight. At least that gives me some joy. I'm going to work from home today and try to get the dog into the vet. Have a good day.

• theslightedgeforever
    @gemwolf110 Glad you are feeling better. While it's scary to go in a different direction, it can be the best thing. My son is having similar thoughts and I tell him he has his whole life ahead of him. Why keep doing something that doesn't make him happy. Life is too short. How is your health journey? Making good choices?

@teresaw1020 Yaaaay on your weight loss. The important thing was you made a plan for Easter. Funny thing about our moms. In a way, I'm just like her. We have a funny story in our family. One day we were out and my son cut his pinky finger on a swing while pushing his younger siblings. It sliced open like a banana. So we rushed him to the hospital with me yelling, Do not get blood all over the new car. :| It was brand new, like 3 weeks.

@trooworld Rigidness doesn't seem to work well in any situation, I don't think. I'd just keep that stunningly low weight in mind and then don't weigh for 3-4 days. That gives time for sodium bloat to get out of your system. You won't know if your weight went up a bit. Wasn't real weight gain anyway in that short of time.

oh, gotta go. Be back.
  • TeresaW1020
    @gemwolf110 I love when you post pics of your doggies. They are all so cute!! <3

@trooworld How is the dog’s eye? I sure hope he doesn’t end up losing it. Good job on losing weight in spight of your DH’s yummy cooking. :)

@theslightedgeforever I would have been the same with the blood and not wanting it all over the place. :D

Hi everyone! Well, my Easter meal was good but it was too much food and carbs. I barely slept last night and my weight is up. I was back on plan today and hopefully will get it off by Friday. DH and I are going shopping tomorrow and plan to eat out but I’m going to look ahead at what I can eat and it will be my only meal. I’m excited to spend the day with my hubby while we spend some money. Two of my favorite things!! :D I am also happy that the countertop people called and they are coming out Wednesday to measure for our new quartz. So excited!!!