Did you do a Good Turn Today?

tmantwo
tmantwo Posts: 2,181 Member
Do a Good Turn Daily
This does not mean that you should do just one Good Turn during the day and then stop. It means you should always be looking for extra opportunities to help others, quietly and without boasting.
Remember that a Good Turn is an act of kindness, not just something you do because it is good manners. Good Turns should be done for family, friends, adults, children, and especially for those that are not able to do the task themselves.

Replies

• tmantwo
    I try to.

Today I carried a few apple crates of household goods donations into a local donation center for two old ladies.

Feel free to post your good turn. Maybe it will inspire someone else.

Good turns don’t require money. Just a wonderful heart and care for your fellow neighbor.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47scao0voc4qp59qk4ijhz65h7dbg8bv66jr610678&rid=giphy.gif
  • tmantwo
    Mr. @Motorsheen i suspect you did.

Mr. @MadMaxMFP01, thank you sir. I appreciatecha. Using your blinker is clutch in my opinion.
  • Motorsheen
    tmantwo wrote: »
    Mr. @Motorsheen i suspect you did.

maybe.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    When you see a thread started by @tmantwo and its last contribution is from @Motorsheen, how can one NOT click to see the fun?

I wasn't disappointed.

As for me, I keep my surely naughty and presumably nice deeds to myself 🤷🏾‍♀️ I do agree 100% with your mindset though. Thank you for the reminder to be kind(er)
  • tmantwo
    Yes’m Ms. @MaltedTea. I appreciatecha.
  • tmantwo
    I guess delete this mods.

My bad, i thought a place for people to inspire everyone and tell us all how they did a little something to make someone’s day a little better without backlash about being self righteous would be nice.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork!!!

Oh. Wait. Are they both dead now?
    Wish people would stop getting older. :/
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Tman, I think this is a very good idea for a topic!! And I agree with you; I don't think it's self-righteous at all. People should always be looking for kind ways to treat each other, even if it's simply holding a door for someone, saying thank you, or whatever. Manners and being polite, doing kind deeds, etc., it's all sorely lacking in today's world. :(

My sister and I have been taking garbage bags on walks and picking up garbage along the way. People can be such slobs, it's sad. :( I have a couple areas to start on when the ground dries up more.
  • Motorsheen
    @ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork!!!

Oh. Wait. Are they both dead now?
    Wish people would stop getting older. :/

They are and so is White-out, which Mrs Nesmith invented.

.... and Peter Tork's brother was a running back for the Green Bay Packers.

Trooth!