Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is great! I have never heard of the plan, but very curious to see how it goes for you, so keep us posted!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Good luck Kat, I hope it works out for you <3
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Definitely keep us posted. 1/2 pound per day is awesome
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Hello friends :) Thank you ladies for the encouragement. <3
    So far I believe I have my insulin under control. I am not fighting irrational hunger swings. I am eating basically 2 meals a day as that is when I've been 'hungyrish': noon and dinner at 5pm. Upon waking ( no hunger at all) I have a 10 ounce cup of coffee with 1-2 tbsp of whipping cream. I have about a fist size of meat protein at 12 (that is all...no veggies as I don't need anything else). Another coffee (decaf) with cream at around 2:30 (this is just for fun...something I find delish) That fills me up and keeps me full till our normal dinner time at 5. Dinner I have protein and 1-2 cups of green veggies and a small mixed green salad. This amount of food is actually hard for me to get down. Absolutely no hunger between or after meals so I don't have to fight any hunger. The weird thing too is that I'm not fighting cravings even like on my birthday when everyone was enjoying a big dessert. I just had a big decaf with whip cream and I was 100% fulfilled while they enjoyed their dessert. I was not drooling or felt any envy lol. I can have fresh bread on the kitchen counter and not give it a thought. Bread was my auto-magnetic food & never could resist. When I did omad I resisted but it def called me. My gage is the lack of hunger. A few times I had some black berries and I anticipated being hungry afterwards as the carbs hit my system but it didn't happen. I'm def going to keep going on this the way I've been doing because of my lacking of powerful cravings. I've been losing between 1 1/2- 2 pounds a weeks. I kind of get wooshes in weight loss and sometimes have a few days of 0 loss. But the absolute best thing for me is that I'm not feeling driven to eat. My brain doesn't go there and I 100% don't feel deprivation. Omad worked for me weight-wise but I did get the little nagging hunger about 2-3 hours before my meal. I resisted but it was nagging at me.
    I started the first weeks with no dairy or cheese and the last week or so I've had a few cubes of cheese or a fat free greek yogurt instead of a meal (or supplement to a meal to up my protein). I'm going to try to cut that out again as I have plenty of fat on my body to eat towards my fat quota). Main thing is I don't want to get hungry which I have not.
    If and when in the future I start getting hunger signals I will 1st look at my carb intake.
    This is only working for me 'my case' because I believe I am severely insulin resistant. Everyone has to find their root cause of being unhealthily over weight...could be mental or could be physical or could simply be eating high calories and not being aware. But....for me it's grrrrrreat to not have to fight the hunger or cravings or do too much thinking.
    I'll keep you posted...good or bad. This will only work for me as long as I don't mess with my blood sugar. If I slip up I'll definitely slip down the muddy mountain again.
    (((((((((((((Huggggggsssss to all)))))))))))). I'll be in touch and please let me know how your journey is going. <3<3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I love carbs and if I don't have my carbs, I will go mad and start grazing and end up binging. So, now I always have my carbs but I will only eat 1/2 of it. :) Glad to hear that your insulin is under control :)
  • volgirl1322
    That is great news to get the insulin under control. And to NOT have cravings....huge very very important.......Keep going ---you are doing great!!! <3
  • katjustkat
    Still under control with two meals a day same as I mentioned above. Still losing just 1.5 pounds a week which isn't thattttt great but it's been my one challenge in life for a while now. Still no hunger or cravings for carbs which is really nice. I'm not feeling deprived at all so will keep going. Hubby asks if I want to go for ice cream every night. He is stick skinny :| I just say nope I'm not having any sugar. I'm hoping I'm doing good things for my internals. Sooo nice to not be fighting cravings. Fingers crossed. Hope you all are doing greattttt! I'll read up a bit <3
  • volgirl1322
    That is awesome wishing you continued success.........
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    1.5 a week is phenomenal!!!! Keep it up dear!!!
  • jadepearl
    1.5 pound per week? I will take that :) Keep up the good work!
  • katjustkat
    Hello everyone! I'm going to give omad another go. I've stayed 100% on my low carb way of eating and am stuck at 30 pounds down. I would like to get rid of another 30 so will try to post every evening. A picture of my meal and my weight journey.
    I've been so pleased with the low carb keeping my insulin cravings down to basically '0'. I had a bit of sugar on Christmas and my son's birthday and that's it. Also no starchy vegetables, fruit, bread of any kind or grains. I'll keep that up because I love the zero cravings. I jog 4 miles everyday since October, only missing when I got my 1st vaccine which really affected me probably because I had had covid and still had strong antibodies (had covid in March last year & vaccine in March this year). I get my 2nd vaccine on the 10th of April and I'm pretty scared :# .
    I've been hungry after my morning jog so I hope I can stay strong till my dinner omad at 5pm.
    Hope everyone has been well! Look forward to catching up <3
  • jadepearl
    Welcome back❤️ You are doing amazing even with this covid 19 thingy. I failed big time 😞 Good luck with your new GW, you got this👍
  • mistymeadows2005
    Dang girl!!! 4 mile jog?! You're my superhero ♥️♥️♥️

Nice work on 30 pounds in the rear view!!! We're happy you're back so keep up posted 😁
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Wow! Great job on the exercising. Seeing 4 miles just makes me tired reading it lol. I hear ya though. When I was jumping rope, I'd get pretty dang hungry after doing it. You have some super strength willpower to not eat until the evening lol
  • katjustkat
    Hello ladies, thank you so much for the welcome back <3
    JP, I think the covid helped me. After having gotten it and being down for so long I was fighting to be normal again. I was pretty humbled by the fact that it took me till September to be able to walk just a mile. I'm excited to have omad as tool. You'll get on the right track as soon as all the covid stress dies down. It's gotta be hard having children to constantly take care of.
    Steph, yeah I'm pretty happy to have 30#'s behind me. It's very hard for me to get weight off and keep it off. Been fighting a looooong time. My jog has become a no thought routine. I put my running clothes on right after I wake up. Then I have a cup of coffee and relax for 30 minutes. Then I'm antsy and want to go. 100% no thought routine now. I look forward to it because I get to listen to my music and I'm the type that likes complete silence when I'm on the computer working. I found 2 routes that give me exactly 4 miles so that makes it easy. Thanks for the welcome back :p
    LL, Ya it's weird...I'm not tired at all with the 4 miles. I take it slow and it actually feels easier than my walks. My achilles tendons have hurt since I had covid last March. I think I was down a total of 6 weeks and it must have shortened those tendons and I just can't get them feeling no pain. Not bad at all when I jog but kind of excruciating when I walk especially starting out. It's frustrating. Ya, I kind of conditioned myself to eat right when I got home from my run.
    I was pleasantly surprised today that I could handle the hunger waves. I had a LOT of water and 2 cups of black coffee that really helped. I made it to 5 pm dinner. Did my morning jog and for dinner had left over lettuce tacos, home made Chinese (green beans and chicken and brown sauce) and then a yogurt.
    Yay good to be back and happy to have old friends :)
    April 2: 30#'s to gooooo
  • mistymeadows2005
    Girl I'm a creature of habit so mad props for getting THAT routine ingrained in ya!!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
  • katjustkat
    edited April 2021
    Thanks Steph....yep so far the jogging is sticking :0)
    Today went well. Did my jog around 8am. Was a lil bit hungry at different points in the day but just kept drinking. Made it till 5pm dinner. Had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and some burnt up chicken ( just the way I like it :D ). Had yogurt and Elizabeth's grain free granola on top. I'm as full as I can get.
    April 3: -.8/ 29.2 to go

• katjustkat
    Had a good omad day. Got my run in and ate at Cheesecake Factory...ruhohhhh...had the Thai lettuce wraps and a bit of sugar free cheese cake which was....pretty darn good! Happy Easter and hope everyone had a great day :0)
    April 4: -.5/ 28.7 to go
    f7yq6txc79iy.jpg
    x1dumlkpsfe1.jpg
  • katjustkat
    A good omad day. Got a tiny bit headachy late afternoon and felt hungry about 1.5 hours before dinner. I took a lil walk and that got me close to dinner time. Did my jog in the morning. Had a big Greek salad with chicken, 2 hard boiled eggs and feta. Also had about 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt for dessert. Got super full.
    Dropped 2 pounds overnight :o Def gonna gain some of that back tomorrow...I never lose that quickly...encouraging tho!! :) Hope everyone had a great day.
    April 4: -.5/ 28.7 to go
    April 5: -2./26.7 to go
    al5u0vo1tskz.jpg

4i4gare3s42f.jpg
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Dang girl. Kicking some major booty!