Weight loss goal met?

Uni5455
Uni5455 Posts: 2 Member
Has anyone lost 25 lbs in 3 months and continuing?

Replies

• BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    @fairstate_goldfish - Congrats on your success! Best of luck maitaining.

@mpkpbk2015 - Your story is inspiring. Congratulations on meeting your goal and have a Happy Birthday!

I began my weight loss journey on 2/10/2021, the day after my birthday. So far, I have lost 47.4 pounds but I have about 100 more lbs to lose to reach my ultimate goal of 175 lbs.
  • Whatsthemotive
    Whatsthemotive Posts: 145 Member
    Congratulations!!! You have put in the work and have made great changes to improve your life. Very inspiring.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    That's amazing! I have been really trying to get off of my reflux medication. I've been on it for over 15 years. I'm working with a naturopathic doctor, and I've been able to cut back, but not totally stop the medication. I'm hoping losing some of this weight will help me finally get off of it. Your post gives me hope!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Uni5455 wrote: »

From September through November of 2020 I lost 21lbs. From December 2020 through March 2021 I lost 20.6 lbs. for a total of 41.6 so far in 7 months. I have 20 to 25 lbs. left to go. I am thrilled that it has been at the recommended rate of loss, so not too fast. But then again, not too slow, for me anyway. Just keep at it and you will there😊
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    mpkpbk2015 wrote: »
    My birthday is Tuesday, and my goal 3 years ago was to lose 100 pounds by my birthday. This morning when I weighed I have lost 105. I went from 227 pounds to 122.4 . I am actually 2 days early. I am so excited. see before and after photos. I am off my reflux meds, I am no longer pre diabetic , I sleep better, and my bladder is no longer over active. I will be 67 years old on Tuesday and I can say I am no longer a serial dieter. I am on my way to being a weight maintainer. 7ngjilt49zw3.jpg May 2018
    oemgtgz3thx0.jpg April 2021

What an inspiring story!! Happy birthday as well😊😎
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    BethCW2963 wrote: »
    @fairstate_goldfish - Congrats on your success! Best of luck maitaining.

@mpkpbk2015 - Your story is inspiring. Congratulations on meeting your goal and have a Happy Birthday!

I began my weight loss journey on 2/10/2021, the day after my birthday. So far, I have lost 47.4 pounds but I have about 100 more lbs to lose to reach my ultimate goal of 175 lbs.

Thank you Beth, and congrats on your 47.4 pound loss. That's impressive from Feb to now, good luck you can do it. Wishing you much success, just be patient with yourself is the one thing I had to learn along the way. And Happy Easter. Yes I have given myself the best Birthday gift ever. I am going to celebrate with a Birthday massage. No food celebrations for this girl.
  • mpkpbk2015
    mpkpbk2015 Posts: 766 Member
    That's amazing! I have been really trying to get off of my reflux medication. I've been on it for over 15 years. I'm working with a naturopathic doctor, and I've been able to cut back, but not totally stop the medication. I'm hoping losing some of this weight will help me finally get off of it. Your post gives me hope!

I eat a very bland diet, no spicy food and no carbonated beverages but it's worth it not to have the pain of reflux and not to have to take the meds. I was on Nexium for over 20 years and the side effects from long term use were starting to scare me. Also taking the weight off helps me digest my food that I do eat better, smaller portions through out the day versus big meals at single settings . Good luck and Happy Easter.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Uni5455 wrote: »

....and back to OP’s question. Yes! But I started almost 100 pounds overweight, underate and over exercised. Fortunately, a visit with a RD two or three months in quickly set me straight and bumped up my per diem.

The weight loss slowed down dramatically - or so it felt- about sixty pounds in, but by that time I was so invested in the process it didn’t matter. I was feeling better GERD gone, joint pain under control, mobility and stamina off the charts. The next six months loss was slower, but the time felt like it passed super quick.

Having said that, you have to pace yourself and have realistic expectations. I just read another thread where someone with ten pounds to lose is bemoaning that she’s only lost two in a month. The closer you are to goal, the slower it’s gonna come off. Unrealistic expectations are a *kitten*.
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    I started my journey at the end of July after seeing my Orthopedic Surgeon for double knee replacements. He said he wouldn't do any surgery until I lost 100 lbs. Looking back at my calendar where I documented my weight everyday, I lost a total of 47 lbs. the first three months. I am now down, as of today, 96 lbs.
  • springlering62
    I started my journey at the end of July after seeing my Orthopedic Surgeon for double knee replacements. He said he wouldn't do any surgery until I lost 100 lbs. Looking back at my calendar where I documented my weight everyday, I lost a total of 47 lbs. the first three months. I am now down, as of today, 96 lbs.

How’s the knees? Did the weight loss help them? Surgery still on the agenda?
  • Uni5455
    Uni5455 Posts: 2 Member
    Did you have surgery?
  • springlering62
    @FABRICWOMAN that is amazing news. I wish everyone here would read this and understand they can create positive change in their lives like you have. Way to go!!!!!!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Thank you, thank you, thank you springlering62. You made my day even brighter. God bless you.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!