The third, Second time around!

nene0225
nene0225 Posts: 4 Member
Hi all! I am back again, but this time just FEELS different. I'm so motivated to get healthy and lose 100+ lbs. I've got a question about my scale. It does not give me the same number (I weigh daily same time/place). Which brand/scale do you love on your journey? Thanks!

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Good luck. To clarify what do you mean by not getting the same number? Do you mean if you were to get off and back on immediately? Or on a day to day basis?
  • tariqari
    tariqari Posts: 38 Member
    Weight can change with in minutes. If you weigh yourself naked immediately upon waking up in the morning, you might weigh 165 for example. Minutes later, 164.8 or even an increase 165.6.

I like to choose the lowest number because it motivates me and makes me happy and feel like I achieved something.

I purchased a WW bluetooth scale a couple years ago because it could digital log my weight automatically (through a separate app). I used it a few times in the beginning before deciding a manual entry on MFP was faster and easier lol. It’s a great scale though and was $50 at the time I think.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    your weight fluctuates daily. its normal. for women it is worse due to hormones associated with menstruation.

dn2befpgoapd.jpg

bdiintmjyslk.jpg

• nene0225
    nene0225 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks all! I guess I should have clarified! My scale gives me a different number when I step on it, off and immediately back one. I think I found that I have to wait for it to go off (after setting it on the ground) and then tap it and get on. This is what has been giving me the same number. Thanks for all your advice!