JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,262 Member
    Annoyed I gained 2 pounds from eating 3 small chocolates and a really small Easter dinner. Oh well :/ refuse to fall off the bandwagon over this though!

I second Bex, that 1 pound isn't from a few treats on Easter. Fluctuations happen all the time. Keep at it, and watch the general trend without getting bummed by a single weigh-in.

Good Luck!
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    edited April 2021
    Hi All! Sorry for disappearing again. The past week seems to have gone by in a blur. Some good, some bad, but definitely exhausting. Ready to get off the mental and emotional roller coaster I've been stuck on.

After working through my college break in March, I finally will get a few free days this week as my early college high school students are on their Spring Break. The weather forecast for the next few days looks promising – plenty of sunshine and temps in the mid to high 60’s – so I’m hoping to get down to the beach – my happy place – for a little blue-space therapy. Then, although it’s still a bit early for tender annuals and tropicals, maybe I’ll get some prep work done in the garden.

I’ve really been struggling to get my own head together, and the past few weeks have seemed particularly challenging. It’s been a joy to spend time with my sister and to share a meal and hugs with my mom. On the other hand, worries about the physical and mental health of several other family members have made it hard to maintain focus on my personal goals as I stretch to provide support and take on additional responsibilities at home and at work.

My sister is still here in NJ because her spouse picked up Covid on a required week-long work trip where a participant who assured her colleagues that her symptoms were “only a sinus infection” removed her mask for a presentation in a small conference room and apparently infected 4 of her colleagues. Ugh! I can’t believe the organization didn’t require testing before and after travel.

Well, I need to get out and enjoy this lovely, sunny day.

JFT Monday 4/5:
    Some post-lunch goals:
    • Finish the post-holiday kitchen clean-up.
    • Zoom with my out-of-state grandkids.
    • Swing by the nursery for supplies for Mom.
    • Outdoor visit and lawn picnic with my older grandkids and my mom.

@ZizzyBumble – What a beautiful sweater!
    @clicketykeys – Sorry you had to spend part of your break grading. Hope you got to enjoy a few free days.
    @jeschepp – We all need to be heard. Family is complicated. Hugs.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Newbie here :) I'd love to join you all on this!! My name is Brittany. I've had ups and downs with my weigh all my life.

Right after high school I was at my heaviest, ~ 220 lb. I lost 70 lbs and have had my ups & downs ever since. That will happen over a span of 13 years and having 2 kids lol I lost the baby weight and hit an all time low weight @ 142 lbs and felt great, Feb of 2020, then Covid happened & I've been battling the same 15ish lbs for the last year. I'm really looking forward to getting back on track and am thankful for the support here on MFP!

JFT, Apr 5th @154.8lbs:
    - Stick to my meal plan for the day & NO unplanned, evening snacking!
    - Go for an extra walk this afternoon (~ 15 mins) if my work schedule allows.
  • pridesabtch
    Newbie here :) I'd love to join you all on this!! My name is Brittany. I've had ups and downs with my weigh all my life.

Right after high school I was at my heaviest, ~ 220 lb. I lost 70 lbs and have had my ups & downs ever since. That will happen over a span of 13 years and having 2 kids lol I lost the baby weight and hit an all time low weight @ 142 lbs and felt great, Feb of 2020, then Covid happened & I've been battling the same 15ish lbs for the last year. I'm really looking forward to getting back on track and am thankful for the support here on MFP!

JFT, Apr 5th @154.8lbs:

Welcome. Those are great goals!
    Nikki
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member

JFT, Apr 5th @154.8lbs:

I agree those are great goals :) nighttime snacking is a common problem on here for some of us!
    Why are snacks just so damn tasty at night?!
    edited April 2021
    I agree those are great goals :) nighttime snacking is a common problem on here for some of us!
    Why are snacks just so damn tasty at night?!

RIGHT?!! So tasty!! Lol Thanks :) I'm going to try my hardest! I have a few packs of gum which usually helps. Can't snack if I'm chewing gum.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    JFT 4/6/21
    - up at 5
    - work 6-1
    - insta order(possible)
    - edit 10 pages
    - B.B. brainstorming
    - author work
    - COOK DINNER
    - dishes
    - laundry
    - Mets game
    - bed prep at 8
    - journal at 8:30
    - bed by 9
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    JFT - Sunday April 4
    1.5L of water - 🧋🧋2 litres for the first time in a very long time!
    Log all food - 🙂
    Walk for 15 minutes - 🙂 I’m giving myself a yes on this because I probably walked 40 minutes all time throughout the day, but I only walked for 10 minutes at once, but my hip, back and legs started hurting so I thought it safest to stop. Maybe tonight I’ll just see how long I can go. I don’t want to push it and set myself back.

It is after dinner here so I am very late posting these. I’ve had them in my mind all day though and have almost met them all so I am going to do it for my need to write it and not get lazy again.

JFT - Monday April 5
    1.5L of water
    Log all food
    Walk for 15 minutes

I’ll catch up in a biy

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Tuesday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site. K&S CHEATING PROOF DISCUSS 1ST BLOCK NEEDS PRINTED.
    2. Pit Crew: Tough Question Tuesday. Send phil of ed to Zabby.
    3. Classes: Poetry Scavenger Hunt. Starter: NRI?
    4. Planning: Lunges. Review videos to create transcripts. Email about late work. Writing script. K&S CHEATING PROOF.
    5. Lunch: Tikka Masala. Write script for length requirement.
    6. Afternoon: Walk at park? 1 hour Clois. TAXES?
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Mexican? Breathe. Set 2 of lifts.
    8. Drink more water. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Do the therapy exercises and lifts. Stretch. Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville? Choose orgs for donations.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of January: 189.8
    End of February: 190.0
    Today: 192.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. Hopefully I can get a walk in tomorrow afternoon.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFt, Monday, 4.5
    1. mindful eating ... NO nite time snacks. Need to concentrate and get back to doing this. :)
    2. concentrate on 8+ water :)
    3. listen to podcast if time. :/ Did this while on my 5 mile walk this morning
    4. other: go for walk :) , work on pc boards :) , work in the garden :) Plus mowed the grass :) , do laundry :) , dinner will be scalloped potatoes and ham Ended up with just ham sandwiches for dinner :) .. use up leftover ham from today.

Found out today that the package from Harry and David is lost .. still shows up in Indianapolis. After talking with Harry& David, they are refunding me in full .. but I had to write to my son and explain that he "was" going to get a easter basket. .but it is lost. Harry &David were going to ship out another one, but Monday our son travels again, all the kids would be back at their exs, and it would just go to waste. Plus .. it is no longer a easter gift. Bummed,but just hope at least our son knows we were thinking of him.

Hubby is feeling really fat .. he has gained about 15 pounds since he started the cancer treatments .. so he wants to lose weight. This will help me so much also. So I told him, we have 3 months before we go see our son in July ... so 3 months to each lose 10 pounds. Surely we can do that .. 3 pounds a month! So that is our goal. I only need to lose 12 pounds to be back in the healthy range, so hoping we can both do this. I think the nitetime snacking is what I really need to work on.

I have not had time to read posts today ... busy day.. but I got the yard all mowed, which alone takes me almost 2 hrs; then worked on raking more leaves and clearing honeysuckle. So hubby is coming up .. we are going to bed early!

JFt, Tues
    1. mindful eating .. no nitetime snacks
    2. concentrate on water
    3. listen to podcast
    4. other: go for walk; dinner will be chefs salad to use up ham and hard boiled eggs, work in yard .. clearing more honeysuckle, work on pc boards, balance checkbook and pay bills

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Made up for yesterday with a super productive day today. Caught up on some paperwork, ran a load of dishes, and got four loads of laundry through (folding will be another day!) between sessions. Rounded up the day with a tough workout and a healthy dinner. Got to watch storms across my lake in the warm evening air. It was lovely. Except my anxious kitty was panicking that I was outside without him. Poor guy, he's a little attached to me. Also just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words about my tough morning yesterday, it means a lot :blush:

JFT Monday:
    80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Tuesday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    rest day-walk or house project
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@mytime6630 I love that mantra-tomorrow will be a new day! Sounds like you found some motivation with your teammate husband! You got this!
    @beachwalker99 That all sounds overwhelming! Make sure to be kind to yourself too!
    @brittgreenlikethecolor88 Welcome!
  • pridesabtch
    I planned for a little late night gluttony, and I am well within my caloric budget, yet I feel guilty. Before I’d eat like this without planning for it, go over calories and act as if it never happened. My mind ain’t right...

The Zags need to find their defense, this game is rather one sided.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member

cy3q8iv5moy0.jpg

🔹Word - Balance
    🔹I am in tune with my dreams
    🔹I know what is right for me
    🔹I will pursue my dreams and greatest passion
    Life Affirmations

🔹I live in congruence with my authentic self
    🔹I am mindful
    🔹I am creative every day
    🔹I foster positivity
    🔹I am compassionate
    Keep your chin up!
    Turning up is the ultimate success!
    • Name: Terri
    • SW: 227 (Mar 2014)
    • Joined MFP: Jan 2015
    • 1st Goal: 190 Sept 2015
    • 01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    • 31 Dec 2020: 145.6
    • 1 Jan 2021: 147.2
    • 8 Jan: 144.2 (lowest in many years)
    • 15 Jan: 145.2
    • 22 Jan: 144.9
    • 14 Feb: 144.0

UGW: 142 < x > 148
    • 27 Mar: 144.4
    • Total weight loss: 83 ⏫
    Daily Goals:
    Thu: ✅ Fri: ✅ Sat: ✅ Sun: ✅ Mon: ✅ Tue: Wed:
    1. Weight 142 < x > 148: ✅ 6/7
    2. Reduce Fat%: ✅ 28.3; 27.1; 25.1; 24.5; 24.2 23.4 [/s] 23.1
    3. Increase Muscle%: ✅ 28.7->30.1; 30.6; 30.7: 30.9: 31.3 ⏫
    4. Calories in the green ✅ 6/7
    5. Steps > 7500 ✅ 6/7
    6. Intentional exercise > 50 mins daily✅ 6/7
    7. Active hours > 6 daily ✅ 6/7
    🌷Positive intentions for Tue 6 April:
    • Meditation 😀
    • Weigh/post weight 😀
    • Outdoor walk
    • Laundry
    • Daily Chores
    • Puzzles: Watch TV:
    • Travel Books: reading 'Slow trains to Venice'
    • Keep up to date with email 😄
    • Daily goals update😀

Feb/March/April DAILY RED CUP CHALLENGE (8 x 8oz water)
    Feb: 5/5
    Mar: 31/31
    Apr:
    💧💧💧💧💧💧

NLNS
    (7 March —->) 24/25
    April: LNS: 0 --> Me: 6

When I started on MFP, I often felt disheartening at the number on the scale. However, I got very good feedback from friends on here, and gradually learnt to regard that figure as a tool to help me make better choices. These are some of the things I discovered. I read them often to remind me that I chose how I feel.

THERE ARE NO QUICK FIXES OR SHORTCUTS to achieving permanent change.
    REMINDERS: One or two thoughts to remember.
    • Daily weight fluctuations are normal, and can be as much as 2 lbs a day for no apparent reason.
    • A general downward trend is what we are looking for.
    • The scale is only one gauge of progress. Others include Measurements, clothes fit, improvement in general well-being/fitness.
    • Eating out can cause apparent weight gain because of high sodium levels, but usually goes quickly. Drinking extra water helps with this.
    • The human body does not react instantly to what we do to it. Sometimes it can take several days to see results.
    • Plateaus are a normal part of the process. The body is consolidating and adapting to your new way of eating/exercising.
    • The closer you get to your goal weight, the more difficult it becomes to lose weight, as your body becomes more efficient at using what you feed it.
    • When you exercise you build muscle, which takes up less space than fat, so use measurements as well as weight to assess your progress.
    • Getting/Staying fit and healthy requires a lifestyle change for most people.
    Stick with the process. It DOES work! But it does take time, effort, and most of all, patience!

Terri 🦄

• pridesabtch

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00am :(
    - Remember to bring the lunch Hubby packed me; Spicy shrimp with alfredo and spaghetti squash/linguine :smiley:
    - More meetings 😀
    - Leave early to take V to the doctor😀
    - Ride?😀
    - Dinner, taco salad rather than taco to cut calories but still enjoy.😀
    - Log all food: good, bad & ugly😀
    - Bed after the ball game😀

Have a smashing Monday y'all!

All smiles yesterday, well I was late for work, but only a few minutes. Feeling a little guilty over my late night snacking even though it was planned. Feeling good about my bike ride. I had a lot more energy to ride yesterday, I really think it’s the thyroid meds. It’s amazing having the energy to do things I love. Wish I’d gotten my blood work done 6 months ago when I first got the order.

Nothing really planned today. A few meetings, but I’m working from home. We are getting a new roof starting today, pricey venture, but due.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work from home
    - Meetings
    - Get kid at 3:40pm after NHS meeting
    - Ride of time allows, walk if I can’t ride
    - Left overs for dinner
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a great day y’all!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    [
    For Monday:

-1999 calories Meh, 27 day streak died to after dinner snacks. 3582
    -Work out for 90 minutes 81 minutes

For Tuesday, new day. I feel like a slug and need to eat better to feel better.

-1900 calories
    -Work out for 90 minutes

JFT Monday

- Work by 8:00am :(
    - Remember to bring the lunch Hubby packed me; Spicy shrimp with alfredo and spaghetti squash/linguine :smiley:
    - More meetings 😀
    - Leave early to take V to the doctor😀
    - Ride?😀
    - Dinner, taco salad rather than taco to cut calories but still enjoy.😀
    - Log all food: good, bad & ugly😀
    - Bed after the ball game😀

Have a smashing Monday y'all!

All smiles yesterday, well I was late for work, but only a few minutes. Feeling a little guilty over my late night snacking even though it was planned. Feeling good about my bike ride. I had a lot more energy to ride yesterday, I really think it’s the thyroid meds. It’s amazing having the energy to do things I love. Wish I’d gotten my blood work done 6 months ago when I first got the order.

Nothing really planned today. A few meetings, but I’m working from home. We are getting a new roof starting today, pricey venture, but due.

JFT Tuesday
    - Work from home
    - Meetings
    - Get kid at 3:40pm after NHS meeting
    - Ride of time allows, walk if I can’t ride
    - Left overs for dinner
    - Log food
    - Bed by 11:30

Have a great day y’all!

Glad to hear you are feeling good!! Sounds like yesterday was a success! Great work :)
    Yesterday went well! I had a couple bites of the kids snacks, so not perfect. But still much better than the pervious night :) I think I dropped some water weight and am down almost 1-1/2 lbs from yesterday morning. Can't complain! I was able to go on an extra 20min walk during my breaktime at work. So I got a total of 45mins of walking yesterday. Todays goals will be pretty similar. Happy Tuesday all!

JFT, Apr 6th@153.4lbs:
    - Research some new healthy snack/meal ideas.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 948 Member
    Another gorgeous day! Today’s the last day of my older grandsons’ Spring Break (and my mini-break), so we’re planning to get out to the beach to walk and pick up treasures.

I had a really good day yesterday. After Zooming with the littles, I headed out to spend the afternoon at my mom’s. My oldest grandson helped with the planting and mulching, and we all hung out on the lawn enjoying the warmth of the sun and each other’s company. We wrapped up the day with a walk around the lake. The kids were delighted to spy the first red-winged blackbirds.

Monday 4/5:
    • Finish the post-holiday kitchen clean-up. – 50% - I’ll finish this morning.
    • Zoom with my out-of-state grandkids. - √ - Great virtual visit with the littles! After a year of reading many, many books during our Zooms, my grandson surprised me by reading one to me – what a delight!
    • Swing by the nursery for supplies for Mom. - √
    • Outdoor visit and lawn picnic with my older grandkids and my mom. - √ - Just what I needed!

JFT Tuesday 4/6
    • Reset my MFP goals
    • 2 loads of laundry
    • Beach walk with my daughter and her boys
    • Start compliance training