Hit 85lb weight loss goal!

mel941980
mel941980 Posts: 49 Member
edited April 2021 in Success Stories
I joined MFP years ago, but I got serious about my weight loss in January, 2020 after suffering from pulmonary embolisms and being diagnosed with a heart defect. I know myself pretty well and after several weigh loss failures, I decided to make a plan I felt was feasible for me. I stuck to a plant-based diet, set my calories to one pound of weight loss per week, tracked everything, and started power walking 5 days a week. As the weight came off, I was able to get 4 miles in and then bumped up my walks to 6 days a week. I then added basic strength training to the mix 2-3 times a week. I have followed 16:8 intermittent fasting 6 days a week, which has worked wonders for my appetite.

I also save my exercise calories and eat them on the weekends. I toyed with not doing that, but didn't put a hard date on my weight loss. It's made the journey so much more tolerable for me.

I'm typically a private person so I don't share my diary. That said, I have posted questions that have been answered thoughtfully which I appreciate.

It took me 15 months, but finally lost 85lbs.

Before & after below.

2dc5bip4jxj2.jpg

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Well done, you! Congratulations on your weight loss and on your insightfulness. Your health will greatly benefit from your actions. :)
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    What a lovely smile! And well earned!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    I am so happy for your success and overcoming such medical obstacles. God bless you on your continued weight loss journey. You look beautiful.
  • mel941980
    mel941980 Posts: 49 Member
    Thank you, all!
  • Littlepeeper
    Littlepeeper Posts: 56 Member
    Very exciting! Great job taking your health into your own hands.
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    The first thing I see in both pictures is your amazing smile! Congrats on all your hard work becoming the healthier version of yourself!
  • Cyulrichsen
    Cyulrichsen Posts: 12 Member
    Beautiful achievement
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Congratulations and well done for turning your health around!
  • jmugs77
    jmugs77 Posts: 8 Member
    You look great, awesome job!
  • Annawan24
    Annawan24 Posts: 287 Member
    Congratulations on this fantastic achievement.
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    Congratulations! Looking fabulous!
  • cugogirl2017
    cugogirl2017 Posts: 8,764 Member
    Wow! You look beautiful and so very happy. In needed this post today following the Easter candy jelly bean blues (lol). I appreciate your candid post and congratulations on your amazing transformation, so Inspirational!!
  • rontuueyeslikeafox
    rontuueyeslikeafox Posts: 99 Member
    Excellent work! :)
  • natsthename
    natsthename Posts: 12 Member
    Congratulations! What a great big smile you have :) Hat's off to your success.
  • anthonytlh
    anthonytlh Posts: 2 Member
    Onspiring. Great job.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Fantastic! :):)
  • 135onmyway1
    135onmyway1 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow...I'd love to hear more about your intermittent fasting....I have never tried it but think I would like to. Also, banking your extra exercise calories seems like a great way to do things if you need an extra bit of calories for a fun night out....did you jus log those on the side - how did you 'use' those within the system?
  • TracyCrews
    TracyCrews Posts: 3 Member
    Well done! You are beautiful and accomplished a great thing just for yourself!
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    Proud of you and happy for you!
  • DBGittings
    DBGittings Posts: 3 Member
    Awesome!!!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!