NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,546 Member
    Evening all, I have been so busy during the day, I can't seem to get on here. I lost the 2.4 I had gained last week, I am still tracking every day and didn't get as much exercise as I wanted last week, but started the day off right..already hit my 10K, but I am for sure winding down. I am tired. I ended up going to Goodwill to buy a dress for Easter, got lots of compliments on it, but I HATED how I looked. It made me realize my age and the body that most people accept at my age. ( I looked like my mom) I don't want to be frumpy..You can be on the thick side and not have to look frumpy. I like straight lines and no BOLD Florals. I am the pinstripe suit type. LOL.

@TeresaW1020 I am so glad you enjoyed your dinner and yes have fun with DH.. You lost on you WI so this week you will get back to your routine. LOL Easter only comes 1 time a year.

@theslightedgeforever I can hear that song in my head and I am sure baby girl will like it,

@trooworld I am so sorry about your puppies stitches...maybe it won't turn out bad. I always say there is always HOPE..

@gemwolf110 I am not an animal lover at all, but your fur babies are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I understand about your desire to go back into sciences..( Not me LOL) But I worked a job for 30 years was let go and emotionally it did me in. It's not that I didn't like my job, but as I looked back and saw what part of me that I had given that company and how little the management at that time thought of me and my usefulness...I wish I had done something that either gave me fulfillment or had made an impact in an area that was near to my heart. So you do what you think is best for YOU. LIfe is too short as my sister says to not be happy where you spend a lot of you DAY. ( my 2 cents, not that you asked) So sorry...I think you hit a button I am almost healed from LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @theslightedgeforever That's a funny story about your son's finger. :) Yeah, rigidness doesn't work well, I think especially in weight loss journeys. I don't think I'm going to skip weighing in because my weight continues to go down so it wasn't affected by my delicious eating.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks for asking about my dog. He had another surgery yesterday but we won't know if it worked for another 3 weeks. :( I hope he doesn't end up losing it, too. He couldn't really see too well out of it before this happened so if he does lose it, it wasn't much of a loss. That is a good idea to look at the menu ahead of time. I hope you have fun shopping and for your meal out! Lots of exciting things happening right now for you, woo hoo!

@cbabie That's great you lost what you gained. Woo hoo! I'm sorry you didn't like what you looked like in your new dress. You are unhappy, but if you keep working hard, it will come off. Are you working hard enough? Thanks re: my pup. Unfortunately, he had to have another surgery yesterday to replace the stitches. More money.

Hi all. Thanks for your good thoughts about my puppers. He did have to have another surgery yesterday. We are bleeding money over here with this dog but he's worth it. I am happy to say I didn't stress eat yesterday. I was certainly stressed enough for that to happen but I made another choice. I kept working instead.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • cbabie
    @trooworld I love that you asked me if I was working hard enough? Thank you for caring enough to ask. I don't believe I was, but the fact that I tracked told me that I wanted to change my behavior. Part of my overeating was by the time late night rolls around I am so tired, I don't give a rip, I just want to go to bed, so I ate to keep going..WRONG move...I am moving in the right direction!!
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Yaaaay on your WHOOSH! You'll see it again. Just a little carb bloat right now. Next Easter meal what would you do differently? Take some notes so you can remember next year.

@trooworld I love Croque Monsieur and Croque Madam too. I'll have to look up the recipe for the casserole. I wonder if I could do a Menu Makeover. Yaay on the weight loss. How's the doggy's eye? That made me go OUCH! I felt it in my body when I read it. Meanwhile I'm watching National Geographic Wild and watching them do surgery on a bunny's eye.

@gemwolf110 Did you get any exercise in today yet? I can see all your doggies different personalities. One looks grumpy, one looks like a selfie star, one looks sad, and one looks like the person that always make a funny face in every picture. lol
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited April 2021
    @cbabie Woohoo on your weight loss. So when you are tired, what can you do to keep going besides eat? I bet you looked nice in your dress. Not like mom. Although you know she was always a spiffy dresser. (I did have a good chuckle out of that though.) I'm granny so what can I say? So really you want to dress like dad. Maybe that needs to be explored more. I'm sensing a masculine vs feminine thing. Although nowadays, what is that?

I hope all who celebrate had a wonderful Easter. Here's something about the thinking "Easter only comes once a year". So does Valentines Day, St Patricks Day, Memorial and Labor Day picnics, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Every month it seems is a good excuse to eat overboard. But you know I love my word balance so if we can enjoy ourselves and balance it out, enjoy the holidays.

Yellow Day-Stayed OP
    Exercise-none

I lost 0.5 lbs
  • trooworld
    @cbabie It was a @theslightedgeforever type of question to ask, wasn't it? ;) I do care about you, my friend! <3 Those are some good insights on your journey you had. Tracking is definitely moving in the right direction!!!

@theslightedgeforever I love those things, too. There is a nice little French cafe near me that I like to sit outside and eat at. I look forward to going back there once I am fully vaccinated. In case you didn't find the recipe, here it is, I bet you could do a makeover. If you do, let us know what you did and how it turned out: https://leitesculinaria.com/311464/recipes-croque-monsieur-casserole.html Thanks for asking about my puppers. It's okay, we have to put these drops in his eyes that are made from his stem cells and he always licks his eye afterward, which can't be good for it (he has a really long tongue for a pug!). LOL...I probably would have had the same reaction if I read it. You have a good point about holidays coming all throughout the year. We need to pick and choose what is important to us but I think it can all be worked in if we do what you said: BALANCE. Congrats on the loss!!!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday. I did eat 2 WW snacks but they were 2 pts each so I'm not sweating it, I could have grabbed a handful of chocolate chips from the freezer and I didn't. I meditated for 10 minutes in the morning and I also worked out, so that was good. My weight was up a bit yesterday but it is back down today.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie That is great that you lost 2.4 lbs!! I’m sorry that you didn’t like your Easter dress. I’m not a fan of the bold florals either.

@trooworld How is the dog? That is great that you don’t stress eating.

@theslightedgeforever That is a good idea to take notes about what I would eat differently next Easter, or even at the next holiday event. Not eating so many carbs would be at the top of my list. They just aren’t worth how yucky I feel afterward. And you are right that every month we have holidays, weekends, and other excuses we can use to go off our plan. Yes, to finding balance!!

Good morning! Hubby and I had a great day shopping! I bought a couple of pairs of jeans, a couple of shirts, and a pair of shoes. One pair of jeans were the pull-on skinny type and came from Dillards and were a size 10! I am not a size 10, but Dillard's vanity sizing let me think I was. :D It as so much fun to go into all these stores and not have to go to the back corner where the plus-sizes live. Every time I saw the plus size I would say, “Sorry but you’re not my section anymore!” :grin: Today, we are all going to get our first Covid shot, and then I have to teach the littles at church this evening. I’m also back on my Keto plan. Hoping for not too big of a gain this week!!
  • cbabie
    Morning all, I got in 2 walks yesterday, I was on my feet all day and pretty stiff this morning. LOL Our Microwave had went out about 3 days ago and every time I would plan a meal, I couldn't cook what I had planned. Last night was no different, We didn't get the new microwave installed until 7 pm last night. So we had left over meatloaf and I did get to bake potatoes and cook veggies in the microwave...Normally I would have said, lets just go get some fast food, too tired to cook...but I didn't and I consider this a win! LOL

@TeresaW1020 Your shopping day sounds fun. So glad you found some clothes and ( of course) shoes..LOL I have way too many shoes., but I love shoes. Hope you don't feel icky after your shot today. I still say we are long lost sisters. LOL

@trooworld LOL I could just "picture" you pup with this super long tongue...going across the room and getting his food without moving.. LOL ( I see too many cartoons in my head) :) Great job on not grabbing the chocolate chips!! That was like me a mini cupcake was calling me from the fridge last night...and it was hard not to grab and pop in my mouth. I should keep those frozen. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Yes you like the word balance...Did you ever have to do gymnastics in school? Remember the balance beam? Hows your knee today?

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Ugh. I'll explain below for all about my dog. That's awesome about the shopping! I can't wait to say that to the plus-sized section. Good luck with the shot!

@cbabie That's great that you got in 2 walks. And that is a GREAT WIN! Congratulations!!! LOL my pup probably could do that if he wanted. ;) Yes, you should keep those mini cupcakes frozen, it might help!

Hello all. Well, after I posted here my husband goes, "Oh no!" I look and the dog's eye was completely open, stitches out AGAIN. :( I called the vet once they opened and talked to the vet. I told him we couldn't keep paying for surgeries, we couldn't afford it. We are going to try just to do the stem cell drops and hope they work. Ugh, I was so stressed yesterday but I did not stress eat, instead, I meditated. It helped.

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..been gone too long to catch up on all personals, but sounds like everyone is doing well.

@trooworld So sad about your doggie. I hope the stem cell drops help him. I do understand your decision. Reminds me of our last dog. She had health problems and the treatments were expensive & making her miserable, so we stopped all medicine and decided to just let nature take its course. She was happy & seemed healthy and lived another 4 years or so until she was 15 years old.

We had a good time in OK with dd & gkids & my brother & sis-il. (bro & sis-il were fully vaccinated & dd got her 2nd the day we got there.) Gd had a good birthday.

Dd here asked us to come over for Easter supper since we have not been there for almost a year. (& dd, dh, & I have had our shots) Well, later Sunday night after we were there, sil started running a temp, & still had it Mon am, so got tested & has Covid. So he & the kids are quarantined in different parts of their house. We had a funeral to attend today (dh's nephew who was more like a brother..close in age) but decided it best to not go. Dh & I have no symptoms & I trust the vaccine that we won't get really sick from being exposed, but not sure if we could pass it on if asymptomatic & didn't want to take that risk. Glad it was on video from the funeral home. So far, sil not that sick, but has now lost his taste & smell. He was supposed to get his 1st shot today.

My eating & steps are off, but trying to get back with it. Am going to start the elimination diet on Monday, that might help get me started again.

• trooworld
    @RetiredAndLovingIt Thanks, they are helping, we just had a check-up last night and they are helping. Yeah, there is only so much you can put them through, right? I'm glad you had fun in OK. Oh dear, that's terrible about SIL. I hope everyone is okay.

Hi all. Well, I'm up 0.8 lbs this week. 2nd week in a row that I gained. I'm very disappointed because I really tried this week and had such a great amount of stress and didn't binge. Hopefully next week, there is a whoosh. Groupon had a good deal on a Sam's Club membership: a year for $25 and the day I got it, there was another $1 off. Plus, I think there was a $10 credit for food. I couldn't pass that up. I've had a Sam's Club membership in the past and have been pretty happy with it.

• trooworld
    I just opened up my email to see this article, how timely: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-big-connection-between-stress-and-weight-gain/
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie I could handle having you for a long-lost sister! <3 Glad, you got your new microwave and that you didn’t cave to getting fast food! That is a big win for sure.

@trooworld That article on stress and cortisol is very timely for sure and it’s so very true. You have had a very stressful couple of weeks with your dog. So, you need to do your best to relax and cut yourself some slack until things get better. The weight will come off. <3 We have a Sams right down the road and use our membership for lots of things.

@RetiredAndLovingIt That is too bad that your sil came down with Covid. Hopefully, everyone exposed will be fine.

Good morning! Well, my weight is up 1.3 lbs this week. I’m at a big fat zero for the month. :/ And unlike trooworld, I don’t have stress to blame. NOPE, I have overeating to blame. Since Easter weekend, I’ve been off my game. Going shopping and having a big chocolate shake and fries wasn’t the best idea. My fasting hasn’t been where it needs to be and I haven’t been tracking at all. Ohhh and I ate Easter candy at work yesterday. Quite a bit of it to be honest. So, I had a serious talk with myself and talked with my DH about how I’ve been slipping. Today, I’m back on and will need to struggle through the sugar detox and get myself back in ketosis. I will turn it around!! :#
  • trooworld
    edited April 2021
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks for your support. I do need to give myself a break! I said it on the other board, but I'll say it here too: do you think you were triggered to binge from the chocolate Easter bunny you had? You WILL turn it around, I am confident!

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    cbabie wrote: »

@gemwolf110 I am not an animal lover at all, but your fur babies are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. I understand about your desire to go back into sciences..( Not me LOL) But I worked a job for 30 years was let go and emotionally it did me in. It's not that I didn't like my job, but as I looked back and saw what part of me that I had given that company and how little the management at that time thought of me and my usefulness...I wish I had done something that either gave me fulfillment or had made an impact in an area that was near to my heart. So you do what you think is best for YOU. LIfe is too short as my sister says to not be happy where you spend a lot of you DAY. ( my 2 cents, not that you asked) So sorry...I think you hit a button I am almost healed from LOL

Cbabie

That’s how I’m feeling now. I’ve given so much of my time, effort and knowledge and I just feel like a deflated doormat being stomped on. Want to feel fulfilled in my career.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    @gemwolf110 Did you get any exercise in today yet? I can see all your doggies different personalities. One looks grumpy, one looks like a selfie star, one looks sad, and one looks like the person that always make a funny face in every picture. lol

No I unfortunately I didn’t. I was so wiped out still from the reaction to that shot. I ended up missing two more days of work bc the reaction was c-19 like. Which after rapid and pcr testing it wasn’t c-19. Thank goodness. It was either a reaction to the shot or I had picked up a cold. Haha yes they all have different personalities.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yaaaay, you are channeling me. Good choices you made. Didn't go for the choc chips, meditated and worked out. Yaaay on no stress eating. Just keep staying in bounds and you will see your WHOOSH. Thanks for sharing the article.

@teresaw1020 I love not having to be in the plus size section anymore. How are you feeling after the shot? If you have cbabie as a long lost sister, then you get me as a bonus gift. :D Yes, you will turn it around. It's so easy to get detoured. So shopping led to the shake/fries. Maybe one or of the other? Ideally, none but..... Then did the stop tracking come first or the stop fasting?

@cbabie Yaaay for saying No to fast food. Luckily I only had to do gymnastics in school one year. I hated the balance beam. I don't have good balance. Even back then. My knee is better today.

@retiredandlovingit I'm so glad you were able to go to OK and had a good time. So sorry to hear about your sil. I hope his time will be easy and brief.

Green points- Stayed OP
    Exercise- 35 mins physical therapy

I had PT yesterday. I told her she has to switch from hip to knee exercises now. lol She said the osteoarthritis is minimal so I should keep doing the RICE method until this injury goes away. (and not to re-injure by stepping up too high) I'm learning to use the other leg. We did new exercises and 10 min on the bike which I said this is not a bike but a seated elliptical. lol Had I known, I would have brought my earphones. So next time. Then some leg extensions and all. She was thrilled that I could name and show all the exercises by memory of the 4 pgs she gave me last month. I guess most people don't do them once they are home. I didn't do them everyday I told her but 4-5 times a week. I need my body back in working condition.

A funny story happened while I was there. She called my name and I stood up walking towards her at the same time a woman in a wheelchair was raising her hand saying Yes, that's me. I looked at her saying I'm X. She said no I'm X. I said well my appt is for 10:40. She said my appt is for 10:40. By this time everyone in the waiting area was watching so the therapist confirmed with reception that it was ME that was her patient. The other lady had a different therapist. My therapist laughed as we walked into her cubicle and said, I was looking at the lady in the wheelchair thinking you didn't look like that before but maybe my memory is getting bad. I said, I've never had that happen to me before either. What are the odds?

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Yes! It sounds like you are doing really well in physical therapy. Yeah, I think most people do not do the exercises at home. I know I did them but not all the time. I needed someone pushing me to do them consistently. That's bizarre, what happened to you in the waiting room. At the vet's there is another person that has the same name as me (I don't know if she still comes in?) so every time I call to get an appointment or a refill, I need to tell them my name and I always say "I'm the one with Louie". :)

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! Not much going on here this weekend, I'm just picking up groceries and relaxing... the same old thing! I did order some books from a local bookstore and one of them is in so I will probably pick that up.

• cbabie
    Morning all, I can't believe it. I had a Post typed and I thought I had sent it. I was on my phone...but I did not. I am so sorry. I have been tracking and really haven't walked, but for some reason I have been cleaning. Today I am tired, so I am not sure how much I will get done. LOL

@trooworld I think you should relax today you have had a stressful week with your pup.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I am sorry to hear about your sil I pray he recoups quickly. You will get your routine back, I am sure of it.

@TeresaW1020 You will get back in the groove. I think part of our life style has to include those days of indulging, but also the days of getting back on track. But I could be wrong. I am sure you will get it back on track.

@gemwolf110 I am sorry you feel this way, but I pray that you make a decision that is good for you! It took me a long time to heal from being let go and I left with a bad taste and it wasn't good for my health or relationships. There is a person that I know that is REALLY smart and could probably do anything they set their mind to, but this person hates being with people and drove a semi for a long time and ENJOYED it...then something in his life changed and he had to give that up. I remember one time that someone said something about his smarts and he could do anything...he hated people telling him that...BUT HE LOVED BEING ALONE with his dog in the cab...so moral of this story is do what is good for you!!!

@theslightedgeforever glad your knee is better and of course you would know all the exercises..I can hear you and dad having this PT conversation in my head. LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld So what good choices did you make today? I got 50% I keep forgetting to tell you. Now you got me singing Louie Louie Louie..... What good books did you get?

@cbabie Tracking is good. It is becoming a habit for you. Soon you will have the habit of movement. Indulging for a day. I think of it like "On the 7th day God rested". Now we know he didn't really need to rest. I think he was setting a behavior standard for us. So there is indulge but don't go crazy into gluttony. Well you know dad wouldn't do any of his PT. I just really want to get better. Now I wish the same exuberance would transfer over to food.

Stayed OP
    rest day