What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Bike/run brick session today. 2:20:00

Bike - 1:50:00
    10 min warmup
    4 x 15 min Sweet Spot intervals (10min@185w, 5min@125w)
    30 min Endurance pace
    10 min cooldown

Run - 30 min @ EZ endurance pace
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went round my little brother's for a climb on his garden wall.

It was good - I was in reasonable form. I felt terrible right up to when I started. The it all felt good, and fell into place.

We did a short (maybe 5 mile?) walk afterwards.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Short 10 minute workout today.

Rowing - the latest usual 10 secs hard 20 sec off for 4 minutes x 2. Some decline sit-ups in between and at the end.
    Yes, I'm on a decline sit-ups kick this weekend.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,722 Member

Rowing - the latest usual 10 secs hard 20 sec off for 4 minutes x 2. Some decline sit-ups in between and at the end.

@JessAndreia, I hope you'll trust that this is no kind of loaded/gotcha question (!😬!), just me being sort of a rowing nerd.

When you're doing these, are your "off" bits easy rowing, or not-rowing? I've done a similar style of interval in the past, usually in the format WU, 8 x (20" on, 10" easy), CD (i.e., the old-school Tabata), so I'm just curious how you're structuring yours. I'm sure it's challenging!

(I don't do decline sit-ups. I'm not sure I even *can* do decline sit-ups. Go, you! 🙂)
  • JessAndreia
    edited April 2021
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

@JessAndreia, I hope you'll trust that this is no kind of loaded/gotcha question (!😬!), just me being sort of a rowing nerd.

When you're doing these, are your "off" bits easy rowing, or not-rowing? I've done a similar style of interval in the past, usually in the format WU, 8 x (20" on, 10" easy), CD (i.e., the old-school Tabata), so I'm just curious how you're structuring yours. I'm sure it's challenging!

(I don't do decline sit-ups. I'm not sure I even *can* do decline sit-ups. Go, you! 🙂)

Dang! Got me! :# (kidding)
    Completely rest, so not impressive. Not sure I'll switch to easy rowing as opposed to not-rowing as I feel like I need the rest to mentally and physically prepare for the all-out rowing bits. But hoping to be able to do 10 on 10 off (not-rowing) in the near future.
  • AnnPT77

Completely rest, so not impressive. Not sure I'll switch to easy rowing as opposed to not-rowing as I feel like I need the rest to mentally and physically prepare for the all-out rowing bits. But hoping to be able to do 10 on 10 off (not-rowing) in the near future.

There's not a single thing "lesser" or less impressive about that! Hard pieces are *hard*. And you're doing 8' of those intense intervals, besides. You're doing great.

(Like I said, this wasn't any kind of attempted "gotcha" or critique. I think you're doing good workouts, nicely varied, with some good intensity in the mix. Besides, I have no platform for criticizing others: I'm pretty much "all moderate, all the time" lately. 😆 And that's fine, too. Overall, I think it's a wonderful thing when an individual figures out what's fun, challenging, satisfying, creates the right progress for them . . . vs. maybe falling into some fad, or other people's expectations.)

Row on, and enjoy it! 🙂
  • JessAndreia

There's not a single thing "lesser" or less impressive about that! Hard pieces are *hard*. And you're doing 8' of those intense intervals, besides. You're doing great.

(Like I said, this wasn't any kind of attempted "gotcha" or critique. I think you're doing good workouts, nicely varied, with some good intensity in the mix. Besides, I have no platform for criticizing others: I'm pretty much "all moderate, all the time" lately. 😆 And that's fine, too. Overall, I think it's a wonderful thing when an individual figures out what's fun, challenging, satisfying, creates the right progress for them . . . vs. maybe falling into some fad, or other people's expectations.)

Row on, and enjoy it! 🙂

Thanks! And no worries, I didn't take your question that way at all.
    I think your workouts are quite impressive, moderate or not. Many younger people wouldn't be able to keep up with you.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Around a 40 minute easy row today, though it was hot, even in the AM. Also 20 on the Assault Bike and then swam this evening.
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    3.1 mile walk
    Planks 6 x 30 seconds
    Isometric exercises 6 x 30 seconds
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited April 2021
    4th April - leisurely dog walk
    5th April - argument with a timber sleeper - garden project & an afternoon in A&E! 🙄
    (Bonus - fish & chip takeaway for tea!)
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2021
    10K row on the machine on the patio. It was 85 degrees, so it was nice to have a breeze at least. Managed, albeit was pretty slow, to keep the HR all under 73% max (140). Most of it was actually under 70% max.

Got one of those industrial floor fans coming this week for my weight gym in the garage. Going to need it!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Rest day today, so just an easy 45 min spin to flush out the legs.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Chest day (3 sets of dumbbell bench press and pushups) and a lot of walking
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    Still sick, phlegm city. 🤢

wunck1miv3qb.png
  • AnnPT77
    After a rest day yesterday, another round today of:

* 30' or so yoga/stretch/foam-roll. Feel a little stiff in the AM, and this gets the joints oiled up again. (Wondering if my thyroid meds need adjustment, though, since stiffness for me is a leading indicator sometimes.)
    * 5.11mi walk, a little faster at 4.1mph average this time.
    * 30' stationary bike, easy pace.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    30 mins of core work today. Doing legs 3days/week is too taking. back to 2
  • sweetdaisy13
    sweetdaisy13 Posts: 357 Member
    40 mins Rebounder.
  • Severen725
    Severen725 Posts: 84 Member
    Intermediate kickboxing - 60 minutes
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member