Serial Starters

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @Tilliesmommy1 yes they do! They are my big, cuddly teddy bears.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Missy! So glad that you posted a photo of The Floofs! They are adorable 💖

Sara - enjoy your online shopping 🛍🛍🛍
  • 37wall
    37wall Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all. My name is Caroline and I'm a lawyer in NYC in her 20s. This is my 2nd or so time losing weight. I started at 150, then lost to 125, and now I'm somehow at 185. The pandemic has been the worst for mental health and I guess there's no surprise I've gained. It sucks to have to try to do everything again. It seems to get harder the older I get. Oh well.
  • LanaCabana537
    wd1n9mr5dahx.jpeg
    *** April 5th ***

Good morning all ☀️ and welcome Caroline 🌷

I hope that everyone has a decent Monday

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    @37wall Welcome Caroline!
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Lana - love the giraffe!
    It was a great weekend in WI! His in upper 60's low 70's. Sunshiny greatness! Loved every minute of it. Even got some garden plants in!
    Welcome Caroline!
    Sara- your boss is something. I am very curious about your dress code. We are not allowed shirts with graphic or sayings on them. But patterns or colors? How the heck do you police that. It is hard enough policing the things in our code and it is pretty reasonable when it comes to business wear, more casual like.
    Missy - LOVE the doggos. Adorable. hope you are feeling better!
    Have a great Monday!
    ~Lynn
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Happy Monday everyone ~ I hope y'all had a great and safe weekend.

John
  • ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    @gemwolf110
    Oh my goodness your dogs are beautiful!!!

@LanaCabana537
    Thanks Lana! I'm feeling so good. You are all so supportive, I just love this thread :)

So it's a new week! I survived Easter long weekend at the hospital, and ended up staying within my calories even on nights! Super happy. I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter!
    It's beautiful and sunny in Vancouver right now, definitely feeling like spring time! I'm excited to get outside and get some steps in. Also plan on making a new recipe tonight, a vegetarian Mexican skillet. Sounds pretty good!
    I'm down 1.6 pounds this week :) it took a week to get off that stupid salt weight. It's crazy how two days of higher sodium (still within calories) can make such a jump. Definitely going to pay more attention to my sodium.

Also, I've been doing a lot of research. I am on some medications that can make me more prone to getting diabetes when I'm older. I knew the medications were bad for me, but I didn't realize how they increase my rate of getting diabetes by almost 20%. It's a bit of a wake up call, because me and my boyfriend would often binge on sugar or have soda or just be plain unhealthy. I've decided this weekend that I need to really cut back on the sugar and try to be smart about it. I have so many patients at the hospital with diabetes that have sooo many other health problems that stem from that disease. I'm terrified of getting it. I also work on a cardiac ward, so I see people with heart attacks everyday and it's definitely an eye opener to see what an unhealthy lifestyle can do to your arteries.
    I just feel since joining MFP this time, I feel a full overall wake up call that I need to start taking charge of my health and start making better choices.

Here's to another good week!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

Got my 6k in. Got my banana/apple in. Snacking was marginal.

Lynn - boss is just plain crazy. She now has to find something new to complain to me about.... lets see what she comes up with.

Lana is good at writing peoples names down on this thread and I am lucky to remember to post on this thread....Our way of life with employers expecting 125% since technology makes our life so much easier is making people lean toward the processed easy food. I am guilty of it as well. Small steps in the right direction and keep going.

New coworker gave me a big bag of Chinese Rice snacks - the ones that Asian tea houses use as snacks. I am measuring that out instead of leaving the bag wide open.

Glad Monday is over. Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Ladychronic - very inspirational post. My father is a diabetic, obese, is on dialysis and had heart issues. That all motivates me, but it is amazing the power food has over me. One day/one step/one choice at a time - I am trying that.
    Sara - great job on the steps and snacking yesterday!
    Lana- hello!
    Waves to all!

CW 195.6
    HW 207
    GW 187
  • LanaCabana537

TUESDAY APRIL 6TH

Well I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and totally forgot to get us started this morning!

Difficult day at the lawyers yesterday.

*hiding in a Cabana for the rest of the day*

Crabby Lana
  • RandJ6280
    @brennerjlb Sounds like genetics is not on your side. Glad it gives you the motivation, and like you say... one day.. one step.. one choice at a time.
    You can do it!
  • RandJ6280
    @LanaCabana537 well make sure you go to bed on the RIGHT side of the bed tonight, then get up tomorrow on the same side lol.
    Sorry to hear a bad day at the lawyers office... but I like where you are hiding. lol.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,326 Member
    Good evening,

Found out there was a Senate Bill to help pay for people who had to take time off from work from getting the COVID shot. I may be able to get 12 hours back of time off. You can imagine this was NOT a happy moment for my boss.....

Is there any way to make the FONT SIZE larger? Wow did it go small.

Okay Lana you can hide in the Cabana - but better to go and stomp off your frustration when you get a chance.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2021
    hz4dz5mzs51e.jpeg
    *** April 7th ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I know what you mean about the FONT SIZE - what the heck? This is unpleasant !

Waving to John and Lynn and Jordanna and Tracy and Maureen and Missy and Dawn and Runa and Caroline and anyone else who stops by today.

I think that Alejandro and the Cabana Boys are planning a mid-week Happy Hour this afternoon to, well, try to make us happier 😁

*tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

267.2 today
    269.6 highest

• RandJ6280
    Great morning one and all -
    Waving back to @LanaCabana537 thanks.

If I sit quiet enough I can hear the beach calling me
    I will answer this call very soon.
    SW - 230.4
    CW - 225.8
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning, Cabana Crew!

Font size has not changed on my side of the Cabana. However, I normally view our group on a 32" monitor that I use for work.

My April goals are not being met. It is totally because I don't care anything about myself right now. I'm on autopilot. Trying to get through the end of the year for bowling, end of the year for Women of the Moose, beginning a new year for Lodge and Women of the Moose, still navigating the work-from-home situation.

On the food front, it doesn't help that the significant other is tired of all foods and wants to be spontaneous with our meals. Spontaneous means junk 90% of the time.

I thought I would be better about food by being at home with plenty of time to plan and cook, but that didn't happen. It's actually horrible to have depression in the spring. I'm not happy being at home. I'm not happy with the thought of going back to the office either. My thoughts have gone to leaving my job. I have to make it to June 15th to be fully vested in my 401K. It sucks to think this way because this is the best paying job and the most generous company I have ever worked for. I don't like my duties. Unfortunately, I seem to attract jobs and duties that no one else wants to do. Now, I am getting too old to learn new things and too impatient to continue repeating the same information hundreds of times per day.

I'll take a Strawberry Daquiri frozen with pineapple garnish and two umbrellas at Happy Hour, please! Keep them coming, boys!

Tracy in Tennessee
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning
    I do see smaller font when I type - but it shows bigger when it appears as posted. Too wierd. No idea how/why that happened or who to change.
    Have to show off my newer hobby. We got some chickens to raise for meat and for eggs. Weirdly I completely enjoy having them around, watching them. They are so attentive - they follow me all over the yard waiting for treats LOL
    Had a couple of good days food-wise. Starting a downward trend. Hope it continues.
    Waves to all!
    h3zk3rrw5269.jpg

• LanaCabana537

Hey John - What part of the country do you live in, or are you up in Canada or across The Pond?

Tracy - I am so sorry to hear that you've got the spring depression squashing you down. That stinks. Hang in there, dear one. June 15th is less than 3 months away. Not that I'm advocating leaving your current position, but it certainly will be a good thing to know you are vested. As for the food problems, I will take inspiration from Sara, who always advocates baby steps: If you can wrangle every other dinner to go your way or even every third dinner to be your way. I know that with you, it's not just weight loss; it's inflammation and pain management. Stand up for yourself. We care about you, so that's why I want you to be Pro-Tracy!!!

OMG-- Lynn - You have chickens!!! Last year two of my best friends living up near Buzzards Bay Massachusetts had chickens (I didn't realize until the autumn that they had RENTED the chickens, so they had to return them to their "rightful owners". Crazy.)
    With your chickens, are they YOURS, or are they rented? You said "meat", so I'm thinking they belong to you. So I've learned that they can be quite entertaining and a whole 'nuther kind of "pet". What does Maggie think of the chickens? They are absolutely gorgeous by the way.
    Almost forgot to say Lynn--congratulations on the downward trend 🎉

Big hugs to all who stop by later on !

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    PS Lynn -

Do you have two roosters along with your hens?