WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Well the online dating game is full of traps. It said I matched this guy Eric at 94% so I started talking to him. Looking closer, it turns out we disagree on the two biggies, religion and politics. This could get awkward fast.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 945 Member
    Well the online dating game is full of traps. It said I matched this guy Eric at 94% so I started talking to him. Looking closer, it turns out we disagree on the two biggies, religion and politics. This could get awkward fast.

Annie in Delaware

Just don't talk about those subjects. My sister and BIL are on opposite ends of the political spectrum and they just don't discuss politics with each other. They've been married 21 years. Religion might be trickier, but at this point in our lives, can't those be different too?

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Did my first Zumba and abs workout on Zoom with the teacher that did our in class Zumba, first in well over 6 months- 60 min of Zumba and 20 min abs workout- I pretty much kept up with zumba but didn't make it the 20 min on the abs(which is what I really need)- I wish there was a way to go back and watch again but dont think you can on Zoom.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

There is, I think, a way to record Zoom while it is happening. That might be an option for another time.

I need to look into that!! Thank you!!!!!!!
  • dlfk202000
    Debbie- i had uber thin hair so my dad took me to the barber and had it shaved off they said oh it will come in thicker ( ya right) so my.mom would put me in little sundresses and bonnets and people would still say oh isnt HE cute...
    My brother is also adopted .my mom had a miscarriage and they put in adoption papers on Nov 1st and and we brought him home on the 30th of that month..
    Oh so i was a brat.. here i was 4 yrs old and the queen of the.castle and they bring this baby home and put him in my room..
    I would go over and shake the crib to get him crying and run back to my bed and pretend i was asleep.. I was sooooo bad.. we fought like cats and dogs until we grew up.. and except for my kids ,he is all i have left..

They told us if we had filed our paperwork two weeks earlier, we would have been the ones to pick him up from the hospital. They couldn't tell us that , just our worker kept pushing to get them in- we had the foster parent paper work in but not the adoptive parent paperwork- didn't know why they were rushing us so much. Then we figured it out.- still remember that call- Would you like to meet and take your son home tomorrow.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Wow, y'all were talkative today!
    Bathrooms- Our hallway bath was just a shower when my husband bought the house. I don't take baths, so it is perfect! We did have it redone with granite instead of tile after leaking grout. 2" step so easily accessible. Our Master bath has a shower/tub combo that I hate! Sliding doors with a lip just adds to how high you have to step into it. I have caught my toes more than once. When we remodel it, there will be a shower only. At this stage in our lives we can handle it, but probably will come up fast that it becomes a problem, especially since I believe my husband's eye sight is getting worse.

Work was crazy again. SIL had a hair appointment at 8:45 this morning. She didn't get back to shop until 10:15. I finally got my pickup/delivery driver on the road at 10:45. I didn't have time to route him and was at work at 8. Craziness. Speaking of work, I need to get a few things done before bed tonight.

I did get my kitchen cleaned up after dinner tonight :blush:

Prayers for all and your families!
    We are STRONG!!!
    We are giving this LIFE the best we can!

<3
    Kylia going through 100 days of Springtime challenges at work in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Made a loaf of bread this morning, now making the last loaf. Washed and waxed my car and while the wax was drying put down the paver sand. Vince had some doctors appts so it was just me. He should be home soon.

Bonnie (the cat, the one who has the growth) blood work came back. Her calcium is a little on the high side, but nothing that the vet is concerned about. We are to take her for a CT scan. We’ll take her Thurs. after I get home from work. I really want to go with Vince in case they have the results and they aren’t good.

Debbie – what a handsome man you have

Michele NC
    who is going to get ready for work tomorrow
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Tracey “It’s hard to gather outside in the Winter here.” Made me laugh. I had an image of a group of snowsuited, balaclava-ed, mittened, shivering, freezing people, each with their own socially distanced bonfire. :noway:

syfmjdmet78e.jpeg
    This is me and my girls taken at our youngest’s 30th. We got close for this picture only. It was -28 Celsius. They had a heater in their garage for us to go warm up a bit at a time. There were 8 of us there all together, which met the restrictions. We wouldn’t have gone if it wasn’t her 30th and she specifically asked us to be there.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🌜😴💛
  • WellWishesSandy
    WellWishesSandy Posts: 11 Member
    Thanks Barbie!!
    Sandy in Colorado
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Sue—We have three blueberry bushes and I cover them with netting to protect them from deer. The netting is very helpful. The band of deer ate my beans last year & I’m not planning to try growing them this year. I was soooo frustrated. I’m planning to “harvest” my beans at the grocery store. :ohwell:

I'm of that opinion as well. I leave it others to grow my veggies. I guess I am a bit impatient, and either prune too much so it grows strange, or kill plants by over watering them! I am also of an opinion that plants either live or die, if they start looking mopey well out they go! Amazingly my avocado tree has survived the winter, not lost any leaves and seems to be sprouting up top. When they start coming out, I will take a pic of her. Yes my avocado tree is a her.🙃💖
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I love having my garden- that is the one hobby that has not changed over the years. It is so calming to me to be out in my little garden. I will be up at mom's this weekend,planting more in her greenhouse- I will get my planters/pots ready to plant. Wish it was time to plant now but not quite yet, but soon. Having fresh tomatoes and cucumbers right out of the garden is what I LOVE- many don't make it into the house-I eat them right up in my garden. My husband complains about the water bill- says we can buy the tomatoes cheaper at the store but they don't taste anything like home grown. It is my only hobby so what we spend on water for my little garden is NOTHING compared to all the things he spends money on. He spends three or four times as much just doing take out for himself-never anything healthy either

Debbie

I commend you for your gardening talents!💖. I don't really have the patience, but if you were my neighbor I would make you some banana bread, to trade for warm, red tomatoes and fresh spinach!👍🙃😜
  • dlfk202000
    exermom wrote: »
    Made a loaf of bread this morning, now making the last loaf. Washed and waxed my car and while the wax was drying put down the paver sand. Vince had some doctors appts so it was just me. He should be home soon.

Bonnie (the cat, the one who has the growth) blood work came back. Her calcium is a little on the high side, but nothing that the vet is concerned about. We are to take her for a CT scan. We’ll take her Thurs. after I get home from work. I really want to go with Vince in case they have the results and they aren’t good.

Debbie – what a handsome man you have

Michele NC
    who is going to get ready for work tomorrow

Thank you!! I think he is pretty good looking too. I waited MANY years to get him- became a mom at 36. the same age my mom became a grandma!
  • dlfk202000
    Sue—We have three blueberry bushes and I cover them with netting to protect them from deer. The netting is very helpful. The band of deer ate my beans last year & I’m not planning to try growing them this year. I was soooo frustrated. I’m planning to “harvest” my beans at the grocery store. :ohwell:

I'm of that opinion as well. I leave it others to grow my veggies. I guess I am a bit impatient, and either prune too much so it grows strange, or kill plants by over watering them! I am also of an opinion that plants either live or die, if they start looking mopey well out they go! Amazingly my avocado tree has survived the winter, not lost any leaves and seems to be sprouting up top. When they start coming out, I will take a pic of her. Yes my avocado tree is a her.🙃💖
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

I love having my garden- that is the one hobby that has not changed over the years. It is so calming to me to be out in my little garden. I will be up at mom's this weekend,planting more in her greenhouse- I will get my planters/pots ready to plant. Wish it was time to plant now but not quite yet, but soon. Having fresh tomatoes and cucumbers right out of the garden is what I LOVE- many don't make it into the house-I eat them right up in my garden. My husband complains about the water bill- says we can buy the tomatoes cheaper at the store but they don't taste anything like home grown. It is my only hobby so what we spend on water for my little garden is NOTHING compared to all the things he spends money on. He spends three or four times as much just doing take out for himself-never anything healthy either

Debbie

I commend you for your gardening talents!💖. I don't really have the patience, but if you were my neighbor I would make you some banana bread, to trade for warm, red tomatoes and fresh spinach!👍🙃😜

There was only one summer that I can remember in my whole life that I didn't have some kind of garden. Growing up we always had a huge garden, even the year we lived with my grandparents in town while we built the house I grew up (from 5th grade up)in. We plant an acre there,even still and I have had a small garden where I have lived after moving out, with the exception of the year when I got married the first time and got to Theodore,AL, July 1st-
    Where we are now, and have been for almost 30 yrs, I have two large raised beds my parents built me for my birthday. I raise what I can and go up and raid their garden on everything else. This year, with dad gone, I need to be up there and help mom more. I will be there this weekend.
    Do you get avocados off your tree? I have one but only about 5'tall- don't know when it will start producing.

Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Lisa - You are kinder than I, those snakes would not have survived my scare.

Kelly - My DH has a lack of showering problem too. How is because he think if he hasn’t done anything all day there is no reason to as he hasn’t gotten sweaty. 🙄 I beg to differ, but I don’t know how to deal with it.

Barbie - I’m with you on the nothing you can do when you can’t sleep. Like you, I lay there and think and I change my train of thought if I find myself getting any other mood but sleepy. I usually end up falling back asleep if I don’t and it’s close enough to the alarm I’ll just get up.

Annie - I’m really sorry, but I wouldn’t think from food safety courses I’ve taken that the meat would be safe to eat now. I hope you or your parents haven’t.

Heather - 🛳 Bon Voyage! It will be so nice to have something to look forward to! 🍾🎉🍾

Cheri - I saw the prettiest crochet block, like a Granny Square but it looked like a basket weave in the centre. I’ll see if I can find it again to share a picture.

Katla - That’s great that your daughter was able to have a safe gathering!

Allie - your story of how you treated your brother sounds familiar to stories I’ve been told about when my little brother came home from the hospital. I was 3.5 and apparently crawled in his crib one time and bit him until I drew blood. My Paternal Grandmother relished telling me that story over and over. My parents never corroborated it or denied it. I think though from things I remember doing to him I probably did it.

Tina - My DH and I are in opposite ends politically too, we have chosen to respect one another’s beliefs without arguing about it. If we start to get a bit heated we stop talking about it.
    Religion we were both raised the same but he is not religious in the least. I believe and pray but don’t go to church.

Our province just put in stricter restrictions again. It’s seems by looking at comments on social media that more people are not following any guidelines than those that are. I think the thing that is causing the most issue is that we have not been able to see our families since before Christmas. I just wish we had a lot more vaccines in arms.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • Whidislander

💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington

Debbie

There was only one summer that I can remember in my whole life that I didn't have some kind of garden. Growing up we always had a huge garden, even the year we lived with my grandparents in town while we built the house I grew up (from 5th grade up)in. We plant an acre there,even still and I have had a small garden where I have lived after moving out, with the exception of the year when I got married the first time and got to Theodore,AL, July 1st-
    Where we are now, and have been for almost 30 yrs, I have two large raised beds my parents built me for my birthday. I raise what I can and go up and raid their garden on everything else. This year, with dad gone, I need to be up there and help mom more. I will be there this weekend.
    Do you get avocados off your tree? I have one but only about 5'tall- don't know when it will start producing.

Debbie

No this is just my first tree from growing it from a pit. I would need to get another tree, play some sexy music, to get avocados growing. Or something like tweezers, etc. I am just flying by the seat of my pants with this experiment in a pot.👍🙃😜
    Rebecca
    Clueless in Whidbey
    But know how to Google stuff
  • Whidislander
    Rebecca
    p2j5vcskun5r.jpeg

Oh my! Heehee! I think I can do better! Lawdy! Haahaa!
    Rebecca