WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Ok Tracey- yup I would get in the crib snd bite his ear too.. what a brat I was..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Tracey - I can't tell you how excited I am! My worry is, the world will still be in covid turmoil, or Saga will have gone bust by then. We paid the deposit on my credit card, so we have some come back if it goes belly up. It's all super insured, of course.
    Otherwise, I get very good value from my cruises as I dream about them all the time in the year before I go, and reminisce about them for at least a month when I come home. :D It also might motivate me to shave off the pounds creep of the last few years. That would be worth every penny.

Barbara - We did go for it! Hooray! There is no saying that we can ever do this again. At our age every precious thing could be the last time. Carpe diem indeed. I will be digging deep into life savings.
    The ship experience is more important in some ways than the ports. We love living in a fantasy world once a year! Couldn't do it last year, so saved our money up from the cancellations.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    edited April 2021
    pqsti7nxxa1o.png

Machka- Every time you post your map of where you have ridden; I am reminded of the second to last episode of Sherlock, when he tells off his brother (who is tracking him) in a walk. lol What would you spell out on a ride, if you could?
    KJ (Kelly)

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of grid system roads here so it is difficult to "write" or "draw" things when I ride. But I have thought of trying to "draw" animals. :)

Kind of almost like a scorpion! :smiley:

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    Playing catch-up again and losing ๐Ÿ˜‚. You are posting quicker tha I can rad ๐Ÿ˜‚

Weekly grocery shopping done and dusted (literally ๐Ÿ˜‚). Winter is having a last gasp at the moment. Snow, hail and winds blowing down from the north.

The tulips and daffodils are being blasted. My magnolia and camellias had started bursting forth, but the cold has stalled them, but only temporarily.

We are planning a walk after lunch with DYD and her dogs if the weather allows.

Not sure why, but my weight has dropped a couple of lbs despite having had Easter goodies over the last week. This process is often a mystery. more slowly than we are posting.

Page 12

โ˜˜๏ธ Terri

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    I need a laptop, my old iMac still works but wonโ€™t connect to wifi or the Cloud. Itโ€™s ok when connected to router with Ethernet cable but thatโ€™s not possible. Always had Apple products but begrudge the money they charge. Tom just says get what you want, we saved a few grand not going on holiday last year. But still think Iโ€™ll get a โ€˜not Appleโ€™ model. I love my iPhone and iPad. Still cogitating.

Second jab today and Zoom knit n natter after that

Weather still awful, cold and just seen some snowflakes again. We had sun, cold wind, hail and snow yesterday, only thing missing was thunder and lightning

Kate UK โค๏ธ
  • Machka9
    ygumt6fmujrn.png

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Freezing here too! My tulips were on the frosty droop this morning, but are recovering.

Brrrrr!

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning ladies
    Well i was awake from around 2 am until 4:30 and then went back to sleep..
    Ive gotten used to watching a few good shows.. touch by an angel in the mornings and highway to heaven in the afternoons.. feel good tv shows Touched by an Angel was my parents favorite ,and i love Highway to Heaven ... sort of brings me closer to my parents when I watch them..
    Going to call the drs ,think im fighting a UTI ,no burning but had me up last night.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ๐Ÿ–๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’›
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Cheri - I found the block.
    qbj7q0l4nx2w.jpeg

Wow! Beautiful! I'll try and find how that's created cause it looks complicated for sure!

Cheri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rainy Wednesday morning in Arkansas... ran up to Walmart to pick up a few things for the rest of the week, and zip, right back to my safe haven. The rain is actually warm, since it's nearly 70 degrees outside. When it's cold and rainy, all my joints hurt so much I can't enjoy the rain--and after living in the desert a total of ten years of my adult life, I really do like the rain. Warm spring and summer rains make me happy.

They do not, however, make Egg happy. She's a cranky kitty this morning.

Have talked to my best friend a lot of late, and one thing she suggested is that I develop a schedule of sorts - such as wash the sheets on Fridays, deep clean one room a week, quilt one day each week, paint on another and so on. I am somewhat reluctant, and I'm not sure why. For those of you who are retired or don't work outside the home, do you have a schedule?

Cheri - I loved your assessment of your loved ones. We do tend to give a lot to those we love, and they begin to expect that... so any change is taken personally. Glad you stood your ground. You're one tough cookie.

Chores are done - can't hang laundry out because of the rain, so it will wait for tomorrow. Crochet, I think. I'm making a midnight-blue afghan for my oldest grandson, and am going to add stars to it after it's complete, in the shape of Orion. It's always been my way of knowing I'm home, even when I lived in England, as I could look up and see the hunter striding across the sky. Tyler's starting to get interested in astronomy, so hopefully will like the afghan.

Below is the Happisburgh Lighthouse in Norfolk, UK, with Orion directly above.

Later, y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR
    etmrxcofe9us.png
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    On our walk yesterday
  • Machka9
    Playing catch-up again and losing ๐Ÿ˜‚. You are posting quicker tha I can rad ๐Ÿ˜‚

Weekly grocery shopping done and dusted (literally ๐Ÿ˜‚). Winter is having a last gasp at the moment. Snow, hail and winds blowing down from the north.

The tulips and daffodils are being blasted. My magnolia and camellias had started bursting forth, but the cold has stalled them, but only temporarily.

We are planning a walk after lunch with DYD and her dogs if the weather allows.

Not sure why, but my weight has dropped a couple of lbs despite having had Easter goodies over the last week. This process is often a mystery. more slowly than we are posting.

Page 12

โ˜˜๏ธ Terri

Camellias? At this time of year? You're going into spring, aren't you?

Camellias are a mid-winter flower. Ours have fat little buds on them, and we'll likely start seeing flowers when it gets colder around the end of May.

M in Oz