WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    When I lived alone, I had a schedule. Clean fridge on Thursday, groceries on Friday, cook a big meal Saturday, then eat leftovers. I had a few weekly social things too. But now I work around my parents' schedule which varies more.

Hmm. I see a difference in religion or politics is not the kiss of death. We shall see how it goes with Eric. He isn't very chatty so far.

Annie in Delaware who is giving up cookies again today.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Rebecca: Thank you for a beautiful Whidbey sunset! :star:

Kate UK: My laptop is an Apple and it keeps on keeping on. We bought it in 2009. My husband and son occasionally tell me that I should trade it in for a newer model. I have not wanted to do that so far. I was never a cloud fan in the first place. I want the things I save to be on my computer, not on “the cloud.” :noway: I love the colors in your knit cap. :bigsmile:

Allie: Sorry you’re uncomfortable but wise enough to go to the doctor’s. I hope you get good help. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I love the photos. You are good at having fun. :star:

Dog goes to the groomer today. I’m glad I checked the calendar.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,183 Member
    Pip - what a great way of getting together with family. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    dr65ox3xs1rd.jpg
    Whidbey day ending.💖👍

AMAZING!!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    Pip- looks like your having a great time !! Wonderful
    I took a bit of a nap earlier and have a banger of a headache ,and I am guessing it is tree pollen allergies. I had the windows open the last few days and the trees are budding..will go get Dan in a bit to take him to work..
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,326 Member
    Worked today so no formal exercise. However, since I was getting the carts from the parking lot, I have over 10,000 steps. Newcomer bowling tonight so I’ll probably get more

I really wish I could find some sort of change purse type thing to put my phone in, my keys, and maybe if I needed it a dollar or two and somehow have it attach to my pants while I’m at work. Today was the first time I put my phone in my back pocket – and I totally forgot it one time in the bathroom! I am so not used to putting it in my pocket.

There’s this guy who does a lot of the landscaping in the neighborhood. To me, he’s a decent and honest person. If he wasn’t, word would have gotten around in the neighborhood and he wouldn’t have any business here. But he’s continuing to get business, so to me that says that he’s a good person. Anyway, most of the bushes in front of our house are BIG. Well, Vince doesn’t think that they need to be replaced. Now that I’m working, I do want them replaced. Today the landscaper and I spoke, we talked about the landscape lights. He asked how much work it would be to removed just three of them (remove temporarily) so he can get his tractor in to pull the plants out of the ground. You should have heard Vince when I asked him about it! Well, he gave me a hard time and I know it’s because he doesn’t think it’s necessary and he’s just trying to get me to say “forget it”. But I won’t. Vince doesn’t think I should have told the guy how much I have in my “landscape fund”. I think telling him lets him know how much I can afford. I figure it’ll probably be at least that amount. I told him that after that I really do want the front lawn done. We agreed that we’d play it by ear to see how much I have in my “fund”.

Lisa – I really don’t have a set schedule. I tend to do things as they need to be done.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    We've had some great sunsets but they're still plenty cold! Right now its a rainy, gray day in the 40's. We scoped out the gym on base today, and while they're open for retirees, the locker rooms are closed. You have to bring your own towel, but then you can't put it on the machines. You have to clean each apparatus before and after each use. We just don't know if we want to spend the 30 minutes cleaning, while we do the 30 minutes of machine work. Plus not being able to rinse off, or use the rest rooms. Something we will ponder a bit. I can always walk around the neighborhood, and Lee has his ball he does his situps and pushups on.

Well I had a rough night last night. Just didnt get to sleep, and was awake for maybe 3 hours. Once I did, I was fine. I think about my Owain, and I miss him. Its been almost a year since I have texted with him. Phone calls its been since April 2019. Every moment of relaxing for me, I think about that kid.

Today I had a nice Reuben sandwich, curly fries and a mint shake. At home now with a cup of coffee. I have been enjoying my Kindle option on my tablet. I have read 3 books already, but each one ended with a cliffhanger to get book 2, (which isn't free). Blasted! We are heading to the library on Friday, so I will take my author list and see if they're there.👍

Today is a good day for a good day!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    vq8eylxpkbog.jpg

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,480 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: burn pile consumed! Library, gas.
    Bonus: veg prep, 2 of 3 fire hall keys copied and cookies into freezer.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, tire swap, Dollar store, find locksmith to copy mailbox key, email chief re: vendor authorization letters, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, go to Dr’s office re: Joe’s Interpath labs not approved by medicare. Was there some coding error between Dr.’s office and lab? If not, were tests medically necessary? county planning office neighbor’s plans, ongoing: fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), 2nd week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, bank to turn in pennies,
    Active April:
    6: Turn a regular activity into a playful game today: didn’t get dogs to powerline, maybe tomorrow, but sure had fun at the burn barrel!
    7:Do a body-can meditation and notice how your body really feels: just before sleep.

KJ could you invent a kind of “pick up sticks” game for the kiddos? ;)
    Katla SMH at your “thought it was funny” to catch snakes to put on your lawn. I just don’t understand that kind of meanness. :noway: Glad she’s gone. Wishing her much karma and swiftly.
    Heather Hooray for booking the cruise! Happy Johnny seems excited to be going.
    Allie can you email the pics from your phone to your laptop? Papa took me with him to the barber on Saturdays, then for a milkshake after. One time he let the barber cut my hair. Boy was Mama mad!
    Cheri brava for taking care of yourself despite your DH and DD’s limited perspectives.
    Debbie Mama and Papa brought me home from the hospital at 5 days old. We never kept it a secret, nor was I ever introduced as anything but “our daughter.” It was a little startling, then to see the words “adopted daughter” in their will, but I guess it was some kind of legal thing.
    Tracey -28C? Y’all are made of sterner stuff than I. :laugh: Banana bread :laugh:
    Welcome @WellWishesSandy Sandy in Colorado!
    Kate :love: love LOVE that hat!
    Lisa One of the joys of retirement is not having to be anywhere, do anything on anyone else’s timeline… but after awhile it palls. Then as we settled in to this new home, a schedule grew (Sunday church, Tuesday line dancing, Wed & Fri BB&B or T’ai Chai, Wed & Sat dog group). That all went kaput with the pandemic. Part of me was relieved not to have to be anywhere and any specific time again, but it’s taken a toll both on my mood and my fitness. I’m unable to muster the self-discipline to replicate those activities outside of an in person class structure. If having a schedule makes you feel good by having something to look forward to, go for it. If having a schedule makes you resent what would otherwise be enjoyable, then fuhgeddaboutdid. … O I get it now, you’re talking about a schedule for chores? Nope no schedule and yep you can guess what that means… :laugh:
    Pip where are you camping?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh/wii: 6/0/0; steps>5627=5450 vits=5.5, log=6, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=5, Tumble=9, Shadow=8, mfp=6, outside=8 up hill=7
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=1 dance= clean 30 mins=2.67 packwalk=1, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

• LHCD2021
    LHCD2021 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello I turn 57 next month. It's now or never for me. I am not new to MFP I've been on and off. I lose weight then just quit. As I get older it gets harder to lose and I become less motivated.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,673 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sue in Wa-if it were me i would cut my losses..
    I am a child.of an alcoholic and until my mom and brother got help ,it was rough going,my dad went to Al-anon for 40 yrs..
    That is my opinion, I just dont want to see you hurt..
    Well got back from the drs office and i am on antibiotics.. should hear back from the APRN on friday.. if its not a bladder infection then she will have me stop antibiotics..
    Hoping this will help
    Stopped by to see the pups Alfie was in my lap and loving on me the whole time,gosh how i miss him.. Tom knows i cant wait to get him back ,but i am waiting until after my surgery.. he doesnt want to lose him but knows he needs his mom..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,342 Member
    Sue - thank you for the information on your own schedule.

I'm terribly sorry about the loss of your friend - and I call it that because you've been talking to the alcohol for a long time--the best friend you knew was drowned under that flood. I tried to help my kids through this with their birth mom. She is/was a drug abuser, whether legal or illegal doesn't seem to matter. I just keep assuring them still that they're not really talking to their mom when she calls and threatens suicide; they're talking to the drugs. She was looking for drug money when she broke into her grandchildren's piggy banks in the only visit she's had with her grandchildren in their home. Broke my daughter's heart.

On your part, and I'm sure you know this, you're talking to the alcohol, and I'm sorry. There is no way on this green earth I would go to visit her in Colorado. And I'm not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but I was abused by my father, too, and do my best not to abuse other people. In those increasingly rare times where I can feel myself moving toward becoming verbally abusive, I remove myself from the relationship completely. I would rather hurt someone by my absence than devastate them with my presence in their lives. I know at least a half dozen women on this thread who were abused as children, and they don't abuse others either. She had the choice to become who she was because of her upbringing or become who she was in spite of it.

None of this makes it hurt less, my friend. Stick with your instincts, please, and don't put yourself at her mercy. Alcohol has no mercy.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,020 Member
    I went for a walk with my newer sneakers and the leg pain wasn't so bad. Thank you ladies for your advice! It's a beautiful warm day. The pollen is scratchy in the back of my throat which makes me want ice cream or a smoothie. But I am strong! I can resist!

Annie in Delaware
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    (((Sue in WA))) I feel the hurt you are going through with friendship loss.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    We've had some great sunsets but they're still plenty cold! Right now its a rainy, gray day in the 40's. We scoped out the gym on base today, and while they're open for retirees, the locker rooms are closed. You have to bring your own towel, but then you can't put it on the machines. You have to clean each apparatus before and after each use. We just don't know if we want to spend the 30 minutes cleaning, while we do the 30 minutes of machine work. Plus not being able to rinse off, or use the rest rooms. Something we will ponder a bit. I can always walk around the neighborhood, and Lee has his ball he does his situps and pushups on.

Well I had a rough night last night. Just didnt get to sleep, and was awake for maybe 3 hours. Once I did, I was fine. I think about my Owain, and I miss him. Its been almost a year since I have texted with him. Phone calls its been since April 2019. Every moment of relaxing for me, I think about that kid.

Today I had a nice Reuben sandwich, curly fries and a mint shake. At home now with a cup of coffee. I have been enjoying my Kindle option on my tablet. I have read 3 books already, but each one ended with a cliffhanger to get book 2, (which isn't free). Blasted! We are heading to the library on Friday, so I will take my author list and see if they're there.👍

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    vq8eylxpkbog.jpg

I sure hope you can hear from your son soon. I can not even imagine going that long without hearing from my son. I had a terrible time being away from mine when I was sick and stuck at my mom's for that week and a half(especially beings I knew he had the virus and I couldn't be here to help him if he needed, even with me being sick too- wanted to take care of my boy)
    Can you text him and just say- hey, please check in? I do that with Jona .
  • dlfk202000
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: burn pile consumed! Library, gas.
    Bonus: veg prep, 2 of 3 fire hall keys copied and cookies into freezer.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, tire swap, Dollar store, find locksmith to copy mailbox key, email chief re: vendor authorization letters, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, go to Dr’s office re: Joe’s Interpath labs not approved by medicare. Was there some coding error between Dr.’s office and lab? If not, were tests medically necessary? county planning office neighbor’s plans, ongoing: fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), 2nd week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, bank to turn in pennies,
    Active April:
    6: Turn a regular activity into a playful game today: didn’t get dogs to powerline, maybe tomorrow, but sure had fun at the burn barrel!
    7:Do a body-can meditation and notice how your body really feels: just before sleep.

KJ could you invent a kind of “pick up sticks” game for the kiddos? ;)
    Katla SMH at your “thought it was funny” to catch snakes to put on your lawn. I just don’t understand that kind of meanness. :noway: Glad she’s gone. Wishing her much karma and swiftly.
    Heather Hooray for booking the cruise! Happy Johnny seems excited to be going.
    Allie can you email the pics from your phone to your laptop? Papa took me with him to the barber on Saturdays, then for a milkshake after. One time he let the barber cut my hair. Boy was Mama mad!
    Cheri brava for taking care of yourself despite your DH and DD’s limited perspectives.
    Debbie Mama and Papa brought me home from the hospital at 5 days old. We never kept it a secret, nor was I ever introduced as anything but “our daughter.” It was a little startling, then to see the words “adopted daughter” in their will, but I guess it was some kind of legal thing.
    Tracey -28C? Y’all are made of sterner stuff than I. :laugh: Banana bread :laugh:
    Welcome @WellWishesSandy Sandy in Colorado!
    Kate :love: love LOVE that hat!
    Lisa One of the joys of retirement is not having to be anywhere, do anything on anyone else’s timeline… but after awhile it palls. Then as we settled in to this new home, a schedule grew (Sunday church, Tuesday line dancing, Wed & Fri BB&B or T’ai Chai, Wed & Sat dog group). That all went kaput with the pandemic. Part of me was relieved not to have to be anywhere and any specific time again, but it’s taken a toll both on my mood and my fitness. I’m unable to muster the self-discipline to replicate those activities outside of an in person class structure. If having a schedule makes you feel good by having something to look forward to, go for it. If having a schedule makes you resent what would otherwise be enjoyable, then fuhgeddaboutdid. … O I get it now, you’re talking about a schedule for chores? Nope no schedule and yep you can guess what that means… :laugh:
    Pip where are you camping?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh/wii: 6/0/0; steps>5627=5450 vits=5.5, log=6, CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=5, Tumble=9, Shadow=8, mfp=6, outside=8 up hill=7
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx=1 dance= clean 30 mins=2.67 packwalk=1, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/4:140.3 :grin: 4/11: 4/18: 4/25:
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=3 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

I am with you on lack of self discipline!!! I did great when I was going with my friend to Zumba two nights a week, even started going by myself when she didn't go. Then that closed. We did good walking most nights then she joined a gym and only can walk on Fridays. I don't have the motivation to go walk by myself like I used to- Need to find a new motivator. The last one that REALLY worked was seeing hubby #1 for the first time in over 20 yrs. I was walking on the treadmill two hours every morning, up at 5 am(and I am NOT a morning person) and then walking two more hours every day pushing the triplets around the neighborhood in their big triple wide stroller. I wanted to get in shape quick before he came out to visit. I had gained quite a bit in the years since he left. By the time he came to visit, I was 5 lbs from my goal. I was heavier than the last time he saw me but I had curves that I didn't have back then that really shocked him ;)

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,427 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    vq8eylxpkbog.jpg

I sure hope you can hear from your son soon. I can not even imagine going that long without hearing from my son. I had a terrible time being away from mine when I was sick and stuck at my mom's for that week and a half(especially beings I knew he had the virus and I couldn't be here to help him if he needed, even with me being sick too- wanted to take care of my boy)
    Can you text him and just say- hey, please check in? I do that with Jona .

Being that he's on a Navy ship I could text until I'm blue in the face, but if he's not online, its for nothing. Most of the time the ship is in EMCOM, which means emergency communication only, and sadly missing your son isnt an emergency. He's never online, the phone number I have for him doesn't go anywhere. I just have to distract myself with other things. I had gotten a hold of the ship's Chaplain after the holidays came and went, and he was able to have a meeting with him. The Chaplain informed me that he's healthy, seems positive, (though felt bad about the non communication thing), and an asset to his division heads. So he's not depressed, which was one of my main concerns. So what I have to get thru my head, is not communicating is my sons way of handling the separation. Though hard on the family, I guess I have to be ok with that. I still wrestle with my feelings of it all.
    Rebecca